Status: Updated almost daily depending on responses

Game

Game; 7

I never thought it would but turned out Mum's ridiculous work hours got her a good word in with her boss who happened to get a good word in for me at Record.
Record was the towns CD store, it was quite popular amongst students, teens and old people.
'I think a job would be good for you.' She said at the dinner table one evening. It had been my interview today and I'd not surprisingly due to Mum's boss' blackmail, gotten the job.
I didn't say anything and let my sister get the upper hand in the conversation. She never tired of talking to Mum.
'Courtney, would you let your sister speak.'
Court scowled her heavily made up face, her long hair weighed down by the everchanging hair die and extensions and glared at me from across the table. I shrugged my shoulders and began digging into my mash again.
I heard Mum sigh, 'is this about a boy, October?'
'A boy?' Courtney practically squealed, 'you have a boyfriend?'
'No,' I deadpanned and shot my mother a look. 'I don't.'
Mum simply smiled and put her elbows on the table, the meal forgotten and the topic of my lovelife becoming more interesting. She looked at the dark haired girl whose eyes were glimmering.
'Your sister had a visitor last week, didn't you?'
I groaned into my arm, letting my face fall unladylike onto the table.
'He was a very nice looking boy although his sense of time is a little unorthodox. And then the two left.'
'You knew I'd left?' I looked at her now through my hands covering my face.
'Of course. Mothers intuition when their teenaged daughter is leaving the house at god knows what hour.'
'That and the front door slamming.' I said standing and collecting my place. Courtney was thinking carefully. She was pretty popular at Northing, she hung around with the right crowd, she'd probably know Eli if he was mentioned.
'What was his name?'
'I didn't catch it,' Mum answered and looked at me, I stood at the kitchen counter, my back to them, 'what's his name, October?'
Was I ready for the disbelief that would undoubtedly be present on Court's face when she found out who I was spending my time with. Who had called me today to wish me luck on my interview, who had called me after to congratulate me and invited me to lunch tomorrow afternoon.
I was still yet to give an answer for the lunch date tomorrow with Eli. I had told him I had to check my plans. Who was I kidding? I was biding time while I squealed like a little girl.
'Tobe,' Court was stood now and made her way over to the kitchen with her plate.
'You don't know him.' I said and went to walk upstairs.
'I do and you know I do or you wouldn't not tell me.' She smiled and flicked her long hair over her shoulder. Boys usually flocked to her when she went out. She was fifteen going on twenty one. I was the ugly duckling in my friends, in my family, how could I tell her Eli was interested? If he even was.
'Eli.' I muttered but the wide eyed expression on her face told me she'd heard it.
Her hands went to her mouth while Mum kept asking who it was and why he was so important. I rolled my eyes when Courtney looked like she was going to either burst out in laughter or hyperventilate.
'Don't start, Court.'
'Don't start?' She gasped and turned to our mum, 'Mum, he's like the most popular, rich boy in Devonton. He lives in Milwood, he's like a total player.'
'A player?' Mum said with distaste, 'I don't like the sound of that, Toby.'
I put my hand through my hair, this situation becoming way too personal and embarrassing for my liking. 'We aren't dating. He's a friend.'
'Eli has two types of friends. His boys and his fuck bud-'
'Court!' Mum and I shouted at the same time. Ignoring her laughter, I escaped upstairs to my bedroom and dug out my phone. Sending a simple text before burying my head in my pillow.

I CAN'T MAKE TOMORROW - ANOTHER TIME? TOBE

****

It was the sound of my phone ringing that awoke me this time instead of the door. Checking my clock with blurry vision, it was nearing 1.30 in the morning and I was beginning to think this was a secretly scheduled time for everyone to disturb my sleep.
I didn't even bother checking the caller ID before slapping to my ear, 'somebody better be dead.'
'Tobe?' It was Keira. 'Are you awake?' Her tone was rushed and worried.
'What's wrong?' I sat up.
There was silence before she spoke again, 'can you get to my house?' Her voice cracked and I ran a hand through my hair.
'Are you crying?'
'Please get here.' The dial tone sounded and I pulled it away slowly. What was going on? I had no texts or missed calls from anyone.
Throwing on a pair of jeans and a hoodie, I left.
Keira's house was on the edge of Milwood, her house was the closest to mine if you cut through the fence at the back. If I went the long way I'd have to pass Eli's house and trek down the road.
I hissed as the metal scratched against my hands. I was rushing. I had no idea what was going on but Keira was still my friend.
Keira's house was oddly quiet when I got there. Her house didn't have the pounding music but the mess on her lawn alerted me that a party had been in full swing if not a few hours before. Maybe she'd kicked everyone out.
I didn't knock and opened the door to her home. The lights were off and I was thrown into complete darkness. Keeping the door open to have some moonlight was proving unsuccessful as my eyes tried and failed to adjust.
'Keira?!' I called out. My heart was thumping. I realized I'd forgotten my mobile and patted my pockets helplessly.
'Keira?' I asked as I wandered a step or two forward. A slam behind me made my cry out and the front door had been slammed shut. I heard a whisper behind me and felt my heart constrict. Was I in danger?
'Keira, is that you?'
The whisper was too quiet for me to hear any coherent words but I followed it slowly, my hands out in front of me to assist me in my literal searching in the dark.
Suddenly, it went deadly quiet once more and I stopped in my tracks. Just as I was about to call out again the lights came on in full beam above me but before I could see anything, I was tackled to the floor.
My back hit the laminated ground hard and I whimpered in pain as the weight above me held me there. I saw I was in Keira's big front room and surrounding me was all her guests in a big circle, laughing hysterically.
A boy I didn't know was on top of me, his legs straddling my thighs and he smirked down. He was probably a good few years older than all of us here, his tracksuit bottoms matching his yellow tracksuit hoodie. I went to push him off but his arms came out and pinned my wrist above my head.
'What the fuck?!' I shouted, I was helpless and everyone just watched on. The man leaned up put kept me in place as he looked at something in front of him. I craned my neck to see Bonnie standing there, drink in hand and laughing like she was watching stand-up.
'Bonnie, what the fuck is this?' I struggled but felt it was better not to when I felt what was poking into my stomach. The man let out a satisfied sound. This was so fucked up. If this was a joke, then fine but this man on top of me was in absolutely every single way - not funny.
Keira stood off to the side and from my angle I could see she wasn't looking at me and instead looked at the floor, she'd been told me bring me here.
'Don't look at her like that.' Bonnie spoke breaking me from my trance.
I tried to wail my hands around and began screaming more. My throat was becoming dry. Nobody was helping. I felt like this was some sick murder movie - I was the victim.
My screaming and confusion began to bring tears to my eyes.
'Stop with the noise,' Bonnie snapped but I didn't listen. It was the click of her fingers that echoed in my mind when my face cracked sideways and my cheek burned. Copper swam in my mouth as I tasted blood. The man above me had slapped me.
This only frightened me more and I began to full on struggle now. I lifted my knees up to try and kick him off but he was too strong. My tears were falling heavilly now.
'Bon, maybe that's enough now.' I heard someone from the crowd. Thank God.
'It's just a prank.' She said innocently, 'alright, Trevor.'
The man got off me with a malicious smile and I scrambled on the floor, crawling to the wall, unable to find the strength to stand up, I cowered. From Bonnie, from Trevor, from the crowd.
I was terrified.
I couldn't believe Bonnie had gone this far. Made me believe I was in danger of being...
Hiding my face in my hands, I brought my knees up and sat against the wall. I heard some laughter but most of the voices were shouts of 'that was too far.'
Maybe so but all I could remember was nobody moving when I'd been screaming.
One voice stood out amongst everyone else. It was the bellow of a familiar voice and everyone shut up to turn towards the front door.
Peeking through my hands, I saw Eli stood there. His hair was in disarray, wearing a pair of sports shorts and a tank top. He looked like he'd just come from his bed.
It was his face that made me almost stop breathing. His eyes were thunderous. His jaw clenched and his hands in fists at his side.
That was when I saw Harlot at his side, looking at the crowd disapprovingly before laying eyes on me. He jabbed Eli and gestured my way. I couldn't look away from Eli's eyes as they flashed and in three quick strides, he was knelt beside me and his arms were around me.
I wasn't sure if it was the emotions that were sky-high or just the feel of them but I was buried in his chest, my face in the crook of his neck and I sobbed openly. He was so strong beside me, I felt safe now.
'It's alright.' He whispered only to me before I felt his head snap up, 'Bonnie. What happened?'
'It was a prank!' I heard her defend herself, 'it was supposed to be funny. I didn't think she'd take it so seriously.'
'What happened?' He repeated more harshly. I was gripping at his shirt while I calmed down. With the help of his arms, I stood up with him but I didn't remove my head from his neck. The height difference was suddenly very obvious as my feet were almost off the floor.
One arm was still tightly around my waist while the other was on my shoulder. 'If I have to ask you one more fucki-'
'I got Trevor to pin her to the floor.' Bonnie sighed, 'it was wrong, I know but-'
'But nothing. It look like she's in hysterics to you?' Even though his tone was murderous, I still felt so secure.
I heard Harlot's voice now, 'I'm gonna check on Gabe. See you, mate.'
Gabe? I turned my head and faced the blonde, 'what happened to Gabe?'
Harlot looked apprehensive before speaking, 'she was the one who told us this was going to happen.' He saw my horrified expression - she knew? 'She left as soon she knew about it, Tobe. She got me to call Eli. We were supposed to stop it.'
'Is she okay?' I thought something had happened to her. Harlot smiled, 'she's okay.' He looked up at Eli, 'later.'
Eli's body against mine was the only thing keeping me from hitting the floor again and he seemed to get that. As most of the guests blurred my vision with the speed they were exiting the party, he leaned down to my ear and whispered, 'put your legs around me.'
I tensed but immediately he spoke, 'just so I can carry you outside.'
A moments hesitation was all it took before my legs were tight around his waist and my arms were around his neck. He effortlessly carried me outside all the time whispering comforting things in my ear.
I may not have been sure how I felt about Eli before but I could safely say I was beginning to fall for him. I may not want to and I sure as hell didn't expect it but in this moment right now, I felt 100% secure in his arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope this chapter is good. I wanted to change it to Eli's POV half way through but I don't know. Hmmm, let me know what you think. If you guys think it might be better in Eli's POV then I'll edit and change it.