Status: Updated almost daily depending on responses

Game

Game; 8

Eli's POV

I don't know why I'd decided against going to the party. I just wasn't in the mood. I'd called Tobe twice today about her new job in Record. She'd sounded so happy and surprised I was even calling her. As soon as I mentioned the party again, her mood soured and somehow, it influenced my decision tonight. So here I was, sat in bed, scrolling through my Facebook until I found her. October Donovan. I was sort of expecting her not to have one. I almost scoffed at her friends - 211. Her profile picture was sweet. It was of her back, she was looking down below at an ocean - it was beautiful. I added her as a friend just before I got a call.
'Harlot, I'm sleeping.' I lied not wanting to talk about my progress with little Miss Donovan.
'It's Tobe,' he said and I heard a girl in the background, 'Gabe told me Bonnie is planning a prank on her. Not a funny one.'
I felt my feet touch the floor before he'd even finished his sentence and I was throwing on a beanie to cover my bed-hair and threw on my gym trainers.
'Meet me there.' I hung up. That bitch... I told Tobe she was trouble. I was out the door and heading towards the party not even thinking about what I'd intended to do when I got there.
Harlot ran from his house up the road and met me at the door as I swung it open. There was a series of shouts, some laughter and one menacing cackle of a laugh which I recognized immediately as Bonnie.
'Oi!' I bellowed over the noise. Harlot jabbed me in the rib and I glanced at him before looking to where he pointed. In a little ball, peeking at me through the hands with her tear streaked face was my Tobe.
Because in a sense, she was mine. My conquest.
I didn't waste any time before stalking towards her, she looked terrified and I could only imagine what went on here. I reached out almost expecting her to shy away but as soon as my arms were around her, she was buried in me, her head resting on my neck as she sobbed. My chest ached. I'd comforted plenty of crying girls in my time but none seemed to strike an emotion in me but there was something about this seemingly strong and innocent girl that was breaking away that made me more angry. I wanted to calm her down instead of feeling like I had to. 'It's alright,' I whispered trying to cease her sobs.
Catching sight of the black haired girl my head snapped in her direction, 'Bonnie. What happened?'
She rolled her eyes, 'it was a prank! It was supposed to be funny. I didn't think she'd take it so seriously.'
I was getting impatient and my grip tightened around Tobe. 'What happened?'
I felt tiny hands gripping my tank top and as I stood, I let her lean on me. Her sobbing had stopped but she didn't remove her head from my neck. And strangely, even though a girls body was pressed so tightly against my own, I wasn't thinking about Tobe in a sexual way.
'If I have to ask you one more fucki-' I was shouting now but Bonnie interuppted me.
'I got Trevor to pin her to the floor. It was wrong I know, but-'
It was her tone that made me more angry. She didn't even seem sorry. Like she wasn't even aware of the damage she'd done. Any man pinning a struggling girl down was a lowlife. I didn't know who Trevor was but I sure as hell was going to find out.
'But nothing.' I glanced down at Tobe, 'she look like she's in hysterics to you?'
Harlot appeared beside me shooting Bonnie an equal glare before turning to me, 'I'm gonna check on Gabe. See you mate.'
I felt Tobe turn her head to face my friend but I was still glaring at Bonnie watching her eyes focus on Tobe in my arms. I didn't care whether she was doing this because she was jealous or another reason to hurt Tobe but I wasn't liking it.
My conscience was screaming at me. Isn't that what I'm doing? In the end, when this is over, won't I be just like Bonnie? I shook my thoughts away when I heard my name. Harlot was explaining why we'd come, how Gabe had gone to him and told him to call me. Somehow, I was her protector now. The people at the party were dispersing quickly and I nodded shortly to Harlot who excused himself.
'Put your legs around me,' I whispered into Tobe's ear. She tensed in my arms but I didn't let her pull away, 'just so I can carry you outside.'
She didn't think over it long before her legs came up to wrap tightly around my waist. This wasn't the first pair of legs I'd had around me but it was most certainly the only pair I'd had that were clothed. And the only pair I cared about right now.
Shooting a final look at Bonnie, I walked outside. She wasn't heavy at all and it felt almost nice to have her so close to me. I don't think we'd had this much contact during our last week spending time together.
I was walking her back to her house and was only a few houses away before she removed her legs signalling for me to put her down.
Her head was bowed as she took a step away and I reached out to remove the hair from her face. Her cheeks were wet and singed with pink, her eyes downcast on the floor and she was breathing slowly.
'Are you okay?' I asked softly.
She nodded and finally met my eyes. I couldn't describe the feeling I got when she looked at me, she looked so vulnerable. I'd not seen many girls who looked like that.
And it angered me. I didn't want to see that expression on Tobe's face ever again. And although my head was calling me a pussy, all I could think was how I would throw myself in front of a bus if I was ever the reason behind that sad, helpless expression she wore. The dullness in her brown eyes as she flicked her gaze to my lips before meeting my eyes again.
This was entirely new for me. Too unfamiliar that I was making my head spin. I didn't like Tobe. I mean, I liked her, she was nice. But she was a bet. Only a bet.
I was too involved in my thoughts before I felt warm lips against my own. It was a seconds pause before instinct kicked in and I responded, not roughly but gently knowing she was still weak.
She was stood on her tiptoes because I felt her begin to lose balance but her lips were too sweet, too intoxicating for me to allow her to pull back so I took her small waist in my hands and tugged her forward so she had no choice but to lean into my body.
As I took her bottom lip between my teeth, she gasped and a tiny hand came up, around my neck before going further up. She whipped the beanie from my head and ran another hand through my messy brown hair.
She was delicious and it frustrated me that oxygen was a necessity because too soon we had to pull away. She didn't look at me straight away and instead fiddled with my beanie that was still in her hands. I smiled as she seemed so distracted by it. It was a simple grey beanie but somehow, it caught her attention.
'Keep it.' I whispered and she looked up now. My eyes wandered to her lips that were pink and plump. I wanted to kiss her again.
Her blushing cheeks were adorable and I could safely say her post-kissing face was sexy as hell.
'Are you sure?'
I stroked her cheeks, they were soft and she fluttered her long eye-lashes. 'Consider it a promise to see me again.'
'Okay,' she offered me a small, shy smile as she turned around. I didn't look away until she was safely back in her house.
What was I doing?
A kiss was good. It was progress but it felt so much more. For the first time, I didn't dig out my phone and brag to Oli, Jay and Harlot about what happened. Ensuring them I was going to win this bet. For the first time, I didn't want to. I didn't want to tell them anything and that was bad.
Glancing back at Tobe's house, I muttered a curse word under my breath before turning back and heading home.

****

Tobe's POV

I'd kissed Eli Cadby.
I was the one who initiated it but he responded. Passionately, I might add. The feel of my body against his was unfamiliar but so sensual and I wanted to do it again. I wanted to feel his hair through my fingertips again.
I lay in bed on this bright Sunday morning pondering over last night. I couldn't believe how scared I was. I'd never been in that type of situation. I wanted to murder Bonnie.
Gabe had sent a text apologizing profusely and wanting to meet up later to explain. Considering most of my free time during the week would be eaten up by work now, I agreed and told her I'd meet her in Starbucks at lunch time.
I wanted to talk to Eli again. I wasn't sure what I was going to say though. I glanced at the beanie which was currently on my pillow. I'd fallen asleep with it and I may or may not have been in the middle of smelling it. For the record, it smelled wonderful. Fruity and I just wished I would have an opportunity to determine whether or not Eli's hair actually smelled like fruit.
'Can I come in?' Courtney's voice sounded from outside. Granting her permission, she wandered in, a flowy dress matched her flowy fake hair. 'It's sunny.'
I gave her a look, 'because that bright thing from my window is a meteor.'
She rolled her eyes, 'can you drop me into town?'
I nodded to which she seemed surprised at. 'Really?'
'I am meeting Gabe later. Give me an hour?'
With that, she went to leave before turning back, 'whose beanie is that?'
I flushed and went to grab it but it was too late. She was running towards it and it was already in her hands. A part of me was annoyed she might rub off all the smell.
'This is in his DP!'
'What DP?' I asked reaching for it but she took a step back and grabbed my phone, typing something she went wide eyed and gasped.
'What?' I scrambled for my phone. She was on my Facebook obviously wanting to show me something before she was distracted by my notification: Ellison Cadby wants to be your friend.
'You two really are dating.' She said and smelled the beanie herself without shame. I wanted to laugh at her behaviour before turning defensive.
'We aren't.'
'You have his hat and he wants to be your friend.'
'Big. Deal.' I said slapping her across the head, she reached up to rub the spot dropping the beanie in the process. Snatching it back, I hugged it to my chest.
'Get out or I won't drive you to town.'
In an instant, she left without annoying me further. Even if she was singing 'love is in the air' under her breath.

****

'Gabe, seriously, it's alright.'
Bless her, she looked tired and she looked genuinely sorry. I didn't blame Gabe at all for what happened. I was thankful she had gotten help, I didn't know how far Bonnie would've went considering nobody at the party was willing to help.
'Did nobody help you at all?'
I shrugged, 'they probably would've done.' I was lying to myself, 'they kept telling her she was going too far.'
'Who is this Trevor guy anyway?'
'I don't think he's from around here.' I put my legs up on the chair and put my chin on my bare knees. I was dressed in shorts - not short shorts, but shorts that came above the knee and a short sleeved top. I was still in black converse but that was habit.
Gabe, like my sister, had gone full out to enjoy the weather, a short flowy dress.
She looked apprehensive, 'are you going to talk it out?'
I looked at her like she was stupid, 'Gabe. She let a guy pin me down. I don't ever want to speak to her.'
She held her hands up, 'fair enough. What about Keira?'
'Different story.' I said casually taking a sip from my fruity smoothie. I glanced outside. 'Let's get out of here and take a walk by the water.'
The closest town to Devonton was a good few minutes away which is the only place around here that you needed a car for.
But it was a beautiful town even if it was small. It had the necessary shops, restaurants, Caro's and Record obviously and a small port where boats came in and out with a nice harbourside.
On a sunny day like this, it was wonderful.
As Gabe and I strolled through the harbourside, I was awaiting a call from my sister telling me she was ready to go which was why I wasn't expecting Eli to call when I answered.
'Oh, Eli.' I said shooting a confused look at a smirking Gabe.
I stopped where I was and leaned against the railing, my drink in one hand while Gabe had her back to the railing and checked out every topless boy that walked past.
'Hey, you in town?'
How'd he know that? 'I knew it was you behind the foodvan. You perve.'
His chuckle made my heart melt and I wasn't expecting the joke considering I felt awkward about the whole kiss yesterday.
'Me and Harlot gotta pick something up from Starbucks.'
I frowned. Imagine a drug dealer in Starbucks. Eli's extra curricular activities were beyond me. I shouldn't be associating with someone like him. So why I was still here, on the phone and excited about the thought of seeing him?
'Alright,' I said softly, 'Gabe and I are by the harbourside.'
'Meet you in ten, babe.' And he hung up. The squeal next to me made me cringe.
I rubbed my ear as Gabe jumped up and down. 'He called you babe.'
'Habit,' I bit.
'Whatever.' She said and went back to checking out the boys. I was looking at the boats before glancing at her.
'Harlot is coming too, y'know. Stop with the ogling.'
In an instant, Gabe playfully hit me but she turned around and didn't look at another boy. I smilled, impressed with the new Gabe.
It wasn't long until Gabe disappeared. Looking around, I saw her running towards the boy who had made her stop ogling every male that went past. She pecked Harlot on the cheek. I wasn't sure what the pair were but whatever he was doing to make her this way, I appreciated it.
Eli walked past the pair, heading straight for me. With his jean shorts slung low on his hips, his white converse and a beige short sleeved shirt topped off with his sexily tousled hair and Ray-Bans, he might as well walked out of a Hollister catalogue.
When he reached me, I was surprised when he pecked the top of my head. 'Hey.'
He stood close to my left and kept his arm around me, it was leaning on the railing but his palm was resting on my right hip. To anyone walking past, we looked like a couple and butterflies flew in my stomach at that thought. What would they say? Someone like me with someone like him?
'Should I even ask what you had to pick up from Starbucks?'
Eli put his tongue in his cheek, 'if it makes you feel any better, I'm not a junkie. Never smoked a spliff in my life regardless of the crowd I surround myself with.'
I remembered Oliver's little habit. I shrugged, 'so you just deal it?'
I didn't know where this was coming from but I felt I deserved to know. I was spending a lot of my time with Eli now and the only things I seemed to know was the old secondary school rumours and Devonton's town gossip.
'I pick it up from Noel, give to Jamie. He deals the stuff.'
Eli's chest was against my shoulder as he leaned down again and pressed his lips to my hair, I felt so damn special right now.
'You're adorable when you're annoyed.'
'I'm not annoyed,' I grinned at him turning to face him properly. Truth was I wasn't. I was falling so hard for this boy who wasn't even the same person I knew before these two weeks.
Regardless of the rumours, he was so different towards me I was having trouble finding any truth in the rumours.
'You two okay? Harlot and I are gonna take a walk.' Gabe stated coming over to pick up her bag she'd left at my feet. I nodded and with a knowing smile on her face, she walked away leaving Eli and me alone.
'First day tomorrow?'
I nodded and turned around to face the boats again. For the first time I was in his presence, I didn't feel odd being with Eli. Perhaps it was the kiss. I blushed at the thought and heard him chuckle.
'I know what you're thinking about.'
Trying and failing to resist the smile that appeared on my face I didn't even look at him. I saw him from the corner of my eye take his sunglasses on and tuck them into the collar of his shirt. I avoided his eyes even more now that the green were going to be full of the same sexy cloud that appeared in his emerald orbs last night after we'd kissed.
He leaned down and felt his warm breath tickle my ear and neck as he whispered, 'I want to kiss you again.'
I leaned my head to the side so his lips brushed my temple and smiled broadly at him, 'there you go.'
His hands on my waist made me gasp slightly as he turned me around to face him. He was so strong and it felt amazing being in his arms in public. I forgot about all the stares they might give us, if anyone we knew might see him with me, I forgot about everything as he leaned down and brushed his nose against mine. With the most girlish giggle ever, I gathered the confidence again and tilted my head up so I could capture his lips with mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
AAAAH I loved this chapter. I'm so glad I can write romancey things now. Anyway, reader tezza requested Eli's point of view which I actually enjoyed writing and I must thank her because if I didn't write his POV the kiss probably wouldn't have happened.
Thank you to everyone who has read/subscribed/commented and/or recommended. It means a lot and makes me update faster!