Status: Please leave any comments or suggestions because I really want to make this story good.

You Were Always on My Mind

Another One Bites the Dust

Rachel, Jacob and I all walked over to Sam and Emily’s house. I didn’t exactly walk as much as get a piggy back ride from Jake. I’ve been feeling super tired for no apparent reason and my arm was still kind of bothering me from when Jake clawed me, luckily it was just a scar.

“How did you get so strong? You’re only seventeen, you should not be strong enough to walk ten miles while carrying someone that easily,” Rachel commented panting from our long walk. If only she knew.

“I don’t know, football maybe,” Jake replies hefting me up higher on his back. He walked as though he only walked five steps with me on his back.

“I dont get it,” Rachel says laughing. We enter Sam and Emily’s house and are first greeted by Emily.

“Rachel Black, is that you? I haven’t seen you since graduation,” Emily comments hugging Rachel.

“I’ve been busy in college,” Rachel easily lies. I knew she didn’t want to be where her mom died. Most people didn’t even know how she really died, including Rachel.

“Well, it’s good to have you back and I hope you can stay a while. You came at a good timing, I was just feeding the boys in the kitchen,” Emily comments and leads us to the kitchen. I hop off Jacob’s back and take his hand instead. He smiles down at me and lets me go first into the kitchen. Jared and Sam are sitting around the large table.

“Hey Sammy,” Jared immediately greets, paying no mind to much else but his food. Jacob sits down next to him and I sit on Jacob’s lap leaning against him. He wraps his arms gently around me, preventing me from falling out of the chair. “No couple business at the table.”

“Sorry Jared, but he’s kind of my boyfriend. Don’t worry, one day you’ll find yourself a pretty girl too,” I tease and kiss his cheek. He blushes a little but glares at me.

“Your lady just kissed me. Are you okay with this?” Jared asks Jacob.

“Eh, it was a pity kiss,” Jacob says laughing.

“Just ignore them,” Emily tells Rachel while bringing muffins to the table.

“I’ve been doing that all week,” Rachel says smiling. She talks to Emily and Sam, but I can tell she’s just as uncomfortable about their closeness although they are sitting on separate chairs.

“I smell muffins,” I hear Paul call out as he enters through the back door covered in mud and shirtless.

“Staring is rude Samantha,” Jared chastises. I’m only staring because he’s leaving a mess. I notice Paul’s eyes flicker to Rachel’s then do a double take. I see an instant connection in both of their eyes and I instantly know what happened. Emily is the only other person who notices and we share a look. Paul grabs a muffin then takes a seat next to Rachel who is still watching him.

“Hello, I’m Paul. You must be Rachel,” Paul introduces holding out his hand. I bet you he’s never done that in life. The boys don’t notice the look in Paul’s eyes, but notice the change in behavior. Jacob throws a muffin at Paul.

“Back off Paul, thats my sister,” Jacob warns.

“Can we go for a quick walk?” I whisper in his ear. He hears the urgency in my voice and we get up. I turn to the others and give Emily a look, “we’ll be right back.”

“What’s wrong?” Jacob asks as soon as we get out of the wolves hearing range.

“They imprinted,” I inform Jacob, but back up worried for the repercussions. I knew how bad the pain was from getting clawed. He gets really still, then his body starts to shake. I walk farther into the forest.

“What do you mean?!” Jake yells, but he knows fully well what I mean. He phases then inches away from me as a wolf. I didn’t get far enough but he barely got me in the leg. He got me enough for it to sting and bleed though and I just stare at my leg waiting for him to calm down. I focus on the cut and just wait. When he finally phases into a human, I still don’t look up. He’s naked because he ripped his clothes, but he’s still shaking.

“I’ll get you clothes,” I inform him and walk away head down. She just imprinted, it’s not that big of a deal.

“I cannot believe he imprinted on my sister” Jacob almost yells as I walk away. When I get out of view, I almost book it to the house. Emily notices that I’m alone and follows me to the extra room where the guys keep a few extra pairs of clothes. I grab a shirt and pair of khaki shorts for Jacob still not talking.

“So I’m guessing he didn’t take it well,” Emily comments. She tosses me a pair of boxers then forces me to look at her.

“He blew up. He imprinted so why can’t she have an imprint?” I say slightly irritated then look down at my cut. It’s worse than I thought, but it stopped bleeding although there’s dry blood down the side of my leg.

“Oh, let me take care of that,” Emily says disappearing into the bathroom across the hall. She doesn’t bother with a bandaid because it’s not necessary. Instead she just cleans the blood up on my leg. She throws away the cotton ball and makes me sit on the bed. “Boys will be stupid and hypocritical. He’s barely had his sister for a week and now all her time will be taken up by Paul. Plus, Sam told me that Embry is on the verge of transformation. Jacob’s best friend has to face the pain that he did only two weeks ago.”

“I guess thats a good excuse,” I mumble but end up smiling at Emily. “I just wish he didn’t explode at me like that and he’s gonna kill Paul now. You saw those eyes, there’s no doubt that it’s an imprint. Instant connection and all.”

“Well Jacob will have to deal with it. Plus, that means Rachel will be sticking around longer,” Emily comments. That’s true. Jacob and Billy have both been in really good moods since Rachel got home.

“I’ll go give Jake his clothes,” I tell Emily and get up. She doesn’t trail behind me, but lets me leave alone.
I find Jake in the same spot, covered by a bush. I hand him his clothes and turn around while he gets dressed; we’ve gotten close, but not that close. I feel his strong arms wrap around me and instantly feel at peace. I feel his chest move as he breathes heavily, his neck on my shoulder. We stand there like that for a minute or so.

“Sorry,” he apologizes in a low voice. I lean back against him and take a deep breath. I kiss his cheek and he knows he’s forgiven. He removes his arms from my waist and takes my hand. He first lifts it to his face and kisses my palm trying to catch my eye.

“Just remember that it can’t be changed.”

We walk back to the house fingers interlocked. Jacob notices the cut on my leg halfway through and winces. He knows it’s his fault and he doesn’t need to confirm it. He squeezes my hand tighter. When we enter the house, I sit on his lap to keep him from pouncing on Paul. I notice Paul and Rachel talking while Sam and Emily talk.

“Forever alone,” I hear Jared mumble. So he figured it out. Jacob is shaking a little so I stuff a muffin in his face and take one for myself.

“Hey Jared, you wanna go do something?” I ask noticing Jake shake even more.

“Like what?” He asks diverting his attention from the new couple.

“I don’t know,” I say, “maybe we can go cliff diving.”

“Sounds good to me,” Jared replies and we all get up and leave the house. We head over to my house and I hold on to Jake’s hand. He’s still shaking and keeps looking back at Sam’s house. “What’s his deal?”

“Rachel and Paul,” I reply.

“Oh, yeah that took me a while to notice. Paul was acting too weird though so I figured it must be,” Jared commented

“And so it is,” Jake replies through clenched teeth. I swear he’s about to break the bones in my hand. A small whine escapes my mouth as Jacob squeezes my hand even harder. He immediately lets go and looks down at me in shock and pain. “I’m so sorry.”

“It’s fine,” I reply. He keeps a safe distance away from me and mainly keeps his head down. When we reach my house, I grab my wallet and keys then drive us to the cliff in my jeep.
***
“We’re all alone, we can do anything,” Jake says as we walk toward his house. Billy is over at Charlie’s along with my dad, and Rachel is still out with Paul we believe.

“Whatever you want,” I tell him, but he leads me to his bedroom instead of the garage this time. This is my first time going inside his bedroom since we were eight. It’s really small and the bed is much too small for Jacob. He lets me sit down on the bed first and waits for me to take in the room.

“Whatever I want? You sure about that Samantha Reed?” Jacob asks. I watch him carefully thinking about my next answer because we’ll probably be alone for an hour or so, plenty of time for anything.

“Yes,” I say and bite my lip. He climbs onto the bed, carefully leaning against me. He looks at my eyes checking for permission and I nod. He leans in and kisses me slowly but deeply. I lay down on the bed and he presses up against me, but still leaves some space between us. We know anything can happen and it makes me nervous. I slide my arms up his muscular arms and around to the back of his neck. I play with his hair a little and he lets out a low groan. He caresses my cheek as he kisses me more passionately. He nibbles on my bottom lip and I let his tongue enter my mouth, that may not be the only thing entering me tonight…

“Jake?” I hear Rachel call out. He quickly gets off me.

“Get in the closet,” he urges me and I quickly slide in. His smell is overpowering in here and I wouldn’t mind being in here more often.

“My room,” Jake replies and I hear the bed squeak as he lays down. I hear the door open slowly.

“Hey,” she says nervously. I hear Jake sit up as though he’s been laying there the whole time.

“What’s up?” He asks.

“Ummm, what do you think of Paul?” Rachel asks. She sounds much more nervous.

“Why?” Jacob asks trying to keep a calm voice. I lean my head against the wall. This may not end well.

“Don’t get mad at me or him, especially not him, but he asked me out on a date today…”

“And you said yes?”

“Well yeah, I just felt this connection to him or something. I’m sorry if this is awkward I just don’t have many people to talk to here, I kind of just left everyone behind here… You know what, I’m just going to go,” Rachel says and I hear the door open.

“Don’t go,” Jacob forces out. “He has a big ego and he has a high temper, but he’s a good guy. You should go.”

“Thanks Jacob,” Rachel replies and I can tell she’s smiling. She leaves the room and closes the door behind her. The closet door open and Jacob peers in. Instead of helping me up, he joins me on the heap of clothes.

“I really need to do laundry,” he comments smiling. I’m glad he’s accepted his sister and Paul.

“Ewwww these are gross,” I whine in a whisper then giggle although I try to not be noisy. He just leans over me, holds my face and kisses me. He pulls away and just smiles at me. I can’t help but smile back. I eventually decide to get on him and straddle my legs on his hips. “We have to be quiet.”

He gets an evil grin, but I just shake my head and lean in. My hands are pressed against his chest as I kiss him deeply this time. We quietly kiss for a while until he starts to kiss my neck.

“Jake,” I moan and shut my mouth quickly embarrassed and afraid Rachel will hear me.

“Let’s sneak out to your place,” Jake insists. We slip out the back of his house and into mine. I listen for any noise, but Alex is on patrol I believe and dad is still at Charlie’s. We head up to my room and we collapse onto my bed. He spreads my legs and gently presses himself against me. We kiss a little then make out passionately. My back arches and he pulls me to him holding the small of my back. No space is left between us. I hold his cheek first then decide to trace the prominent line of his jaw; I follow his jaw to his ear then go down his neck and I immediately feel when I suck on his sweet spot.

“Sammy,” he warns in a low moan. I fall back onto my bed, not ready for where this will go. He kisses me lightly on the lips then rolls over and lies next to me. He lays down on his stomach but looking up at me trying to hide the evidence. “It’s fine. I don’t want to either, not yet.”

I stare at those mesmerizing eyes. He’s on patrol tonight while the bloodsuckers are near. Would it be so bad… I decide against it, he’s right it’s not the time.

“Sammy,” Jacob says and waits for me to look at him. He caresses my cheek and I lean against it staring into his eyes. “I love you.”

“I love you too,” I reply and my body feels warm and happy. He lightly kisses my nose and just stares at me with a smile. I see it in his eyes, and I know the same look is in mine. It has to be, he is my imprint.
***
“I’ll see you tomorrow morning,” Jake says, but that’s not good enough for me. He’s holding me against him hands resting on my lower back. I just lean against him, head against his chest. I listen to the sound of his heartbeat that’s too fast for a normal human. The vampires don’t even have a heartbeat.

“Try not to kill Paul,” I say trying not to think about how close they are. Port Angeles!

“I’ll try not to,” he says smiling. He kisses the top of my head then pulls away slowly, “I have to go.”

“Get your sleep, don’t worry about me,” I tell him and kiss him on the lips. He always comes to see me after his shift and doesn’t fall asleep for an hour or so after although he’s exhausted after his shift.

“I’ll try not to,” he answers. He slips off into the woods. Maybe Billy will let me come over and maybe even sleep over. They could use some help with cleaning. I decide to walk over to Billy’s house. My house is plenty clean and I need something to do while Jake is gone.

“Hello Samantha, what brings you to this side of the driveway?” Billy asks as I enter the house.

“I need something to do, and no offense, but I thought I could help clean up around the house,” I reply but Billy just laughs.

“We’ve been needing a good clean up. As I’ve been told, the only thing Jacob keeps clean is that makeshift garage of his, but I have yet to see any of that.”

“I’ll take pictures and show you,” I tell Billy laughing a little myself.

“You don’t need to clean anything of mine or in my room though. Rachel cleaned up for me not too long ago, but she didn’t seem to get to the rest of the house.”

I first head to the tiny laundry room in the back of the house, I feel crowded in here and both Jacob and Billy take up more space than I do. I find the laundry basket and take the clothes out of the drier and fold them into the basket. I leave them in Billy’s room, which is spotless. I think that was Rachel’s form of apology, but I’m glad I don’t have to touch any of his stuff.

I head to Jacob’s room and clean his clothes which he doesn’t have an abundance of, but only a small portion are truly clean. I swear, I have the longest list of stuff to buy this boy for his birthday and Christmas including a new bed and clothes. Billy should get a new bed too and I think my dad mentioned something about getting him one when he’s out of the house. I separate the clothes and start with the dark clothes since the majority of his dirty clothes are dark. I clean up Jacob’s room spotless, might I say. Once the washing machine beeps I head over and put the clothes in the drier. These are really nice machines, I bet dad bought these a few years back because the old ones were very… used.

As I put in the next load of laundry, something slips out of Jacob’s pocket. It’s one of the pants he tends to wear when he’s on patrol and I can’t help but pick it up. I unfold the stiff piece of paper and find a picture of Jacob and I as toddlers. My heart warms and I stare at it for a good minute. We were on the beach smiling in front of the ocean and a large wave was behind us. Jacob ended up pushing me away from the shore when he saw the wave and it landed on him. I put the picture aside and continue to do the laundry with a smile on my face.

“We really need to take more photos,” I think aloud to myself.

“What’s that?” Rachel asks stopping. I jump a little; I didn’t even know she was home. “Ooo sorry for scaring you.”

“Nothing, I was just talking to myself, it’s fine,” I say laughing a little at my stupidity.

“Where’s Jake and why are you doing his laundry?”

“He had to do something with the guys or something like that and this house is filthy so I decided to clean.”

“That was my plan when I first got here, but Paul kind of caught me off guard today so let’s see where this week takes us.”

“Oh well I’ll probably be cleaning all night, but I’ll leave the bathrooms for you.”

“Goody, my favorite,” Rachel says then laughs a little. She walks away and out the back door. Maybe she’s going to see Paul, but he’s on patrol so maybe Emily.

I get back to cleaning and finish the dining room before the drier goes off. I quickly get the clothes and fold them, put the clothes from the washer and start the last load. I head over to Jacob’s room and put things away I thought they belonged. I didn’t want him to have to worry about that after patrolling. I feel my phone vibrate and quickly check it.

‘Samantha, where are you?’ my dad texted me.

‘Cleaning at Jacob’s’ I text back. He texts back almost immediately.

‘Cleaned our place up and now you’re just going to move on to the next house that fast? Just don’t worry about him too much sweetheart and if you fall asleep there, it’s fine because Jacob’s not there’ he says. I tend to fall asleep quickly after cleaning, but it’s a little weird that he knew I was going to probably sleep here.

I clean the kitchen and living room before going to fold the second load of Jacob’s laundry. I do the same process and then clean the floors all around the house and dust as much as possible before the last load in the drier beeps. I once again fold the laundry and put them in spots that I designated them to go. I don’t bother to touch Rachel or Rebecca’s room, but instead clean up the porch. I notice Jacob’s motorcycle next to the back porch and admire it. I can still get the other bike from Bella.

I head back inside and I’m feeling drowsy. It’s twelve at night and Jacob left for his shift three hours ago. I head to the closet that I discovered has blankets, take one then head to Jacob’s room and collapse on his bed under the blanket. As soon as I close my eyes, I’m knocked out.
***
I wake up and it’s really hot in the room. I’m crammed on a tiny bed with what feels like a heater. I finally wake up enough to realize what I am and what’s going on. Jacob has an arm around me, elbow rested on my hip and a hand gently placed on my stomach. For some reason, it feels really nice there and I try not to move. I find my phone on the floor next to me and grab it to check the time. 10 o’clock. He got in four hours ago and I didn’t even wake up. I slightly turn to see him and he is knocked out. The door slowly creaks open and I close my eyes.

“Young love, just like with Sarah,” I hear Billy say and sigh. The door stays open for a while and I almost open my eyes thinking that Billy somehow made a quiet escape. A minute or so later, he closes the door and Jacob pulls me closer to him then kisses my neck.

“No, you have to sleep,” I tell him in a whisper. He continues to softly kiss my neck.

“Sammy, I’m awake and I have you with me so I will do as I please,” he responds, but something catches his eye and he gets up. He looks around the room then gets up and looks through his closet and small wardrobe. “Did you do this?”

“Yes,” I answer. He doesn’t sound happy, but he doesn’t sound mad.

“Did you find a picture?” He asks hesitantly.

“Under your pillow,” I say and pull it out showing it to him. He looks relieved. “I just wanted to have you near me tonight some how.”

“I’m always around,” he says climbing back into bed with me and kisses me. He holds the small of my back and my hands press against his muscular chest. We continue to make out for a while, but then he yawns.

“Sleep now,” I demand.

“Only if you stay with me,” he replies. I turn around. my back facing him and he pulls me close again. His hand hovers over my stomach unsure of whether or not it was weird.

“It feels nice having your hand there,” I inform him. He presses his warm hand against my stomach and I imagine us in the future, his hand on my stomach when I get the good news about being pregnant. I close my eyes and match my breathes to his as he falls asleep. I listen to his deep breathing for a while until I fall asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment or Subscribe. All constructive criticism is appreciated!