Status: feedback for updates(:

Your Cheating Heart Will Tell On You

Home

"That'll be 18 dollars, miss." I paid the taxi driver, giving him all of the money in my wallet. A twenty and a five. He smiled at me through the rearview mirror, silently thanking me for the tip. I nodded in return.

I gingerly opened the car door and stepped out, my heels wobbling a little on the pavement from my shaky legs. I took a deep breath and strood up the smooth path to his front door. I raised my hand to ring the doorbel but hastily dropped it. Why was I here in the first place? Did I not tell him I wanted nothing to do with him? This seemed completely hypocritical, showing up at his door, unannounced. And wanting to be here, the first thought in my head to go to him?

I began down the path again, shaking my head at my own stupidity. Why would I think coming to him would make me feel any better? Make the whole situation better? Stupid, stupid girl, I scolded myself. I was almost at the deserted street when I heard a familiar voice behind me.

"Leaving so soon?" Sidneys voice called from behind me, which caused me to spin around, my heel catching on the crack of the sidewalk. I fell to the ground, face first and awkwardly, but landed on my hands, avoiding smashing my face.

"Shit." I muttered and rolled over, a sharp pain in my thigh. I sat up and Sidney was lifting me up, bridal style.

"Zaria, falling for me again?" He forced a smile, concern etched all over his handsome features. I squirmed, not liking the fact that I liked being pressed up against his warm chest and his strong arms around me.

"I can walk." I insisted and he gave me a bland look. We were almost at the door.

"Obviously you can't stand around me, so walking is out of the question, Miss. Bauer." His voice was light but his eyes holding much worry. "It's because you wear those stupid heels. I will never understand why women torture themselves with those things." He laughed a strange laugh as we entered the living room. I had a feeling he was hiding something but couldn't figure out what it was. I continued to stare into his hazel eyes as he set me down on the couch.

"Alright, cut the bullshit, why do you look like someone just told you you got traded to Philly?" His lips quirked up a little but he quickly furrowed his eyebrows again.

"Take off your pants." He blurted but instantly screwed his face up and pinched the bridge of his nose. I just stared at him blankly, thinking about smacking him and just being confused. "Excuse me?" I spoke in disbelief, he just shook his head.

"I didn't mean it like that… Excuse me for sounding like more of a pervert than usual, but I think you landed on a piece of glass when you fell. Your thigh is bleeding." My head immediately whipped down, seeing the thigh of my light washed jeans stained with a rusty red color. I could now feel the stickiness on my leg but there was no pain.

Not liking blood, I could practically feel all of the color drain from my face. I stood up and awkwardly stripped down to my panties. I was so relieved that I wore modest ones today. I let the pants drop to the floor and sat on the edge of the couch, staring at the gushing gash on my leg. It was probably 3 inches long and quite deep. How I didn't notice, I don't even know.

Sidney knelt down next to me, his eyes focused on the injury. I was looking at him, trying not to focus on the warm blood running down my leg. Yuck.

His eyes flicked up to me, his eyes looking relieved. "I dont think you hit an artery, just deep. I have to take you to the hospital to get stitches, okay?" My eyes widened again but I nodded, not wanting to let him know I absolutely hated getting stitches. "You don't have anything to be scared of." He kissed my forehead. It was like asshole Sid was replaced with sweet Sid.

He eyes went back down to my thigh and up to my delicates. I rolled my eyes, guess I spoke too soon. "Eyes up." I commanded but my voice shook from nervousness. "That's not something I haven't seen before." I whacked him in the back of the head but I couldn't bring myself to be mad.

He jumped to his feet, running out of the room. I looked around his living room. He did have a really nice house; I had been here twice before. One for a party and two… well that.

He came back into the room, carrying a pair of sweatpants, uggs and his car keys. He handed me the large sweatpants, which I disappeared into. I slipped on the pink uggs, which I would have teased him for and questioned if I wasn't freaked out.

"They're my sisters." He told me, as if he read my mind. I nodded as we made our way towards the front door. I nodded and he held my hand as we walked. My first thought was to rip my hand away and run away, back to Evgenis until he got home, but I liked the way my small hand fit into his much larger on.

He opened the door to his Range Rover for me and helped me in. He bowed before shutting the door, clearly trying to ease my mind. A ghost of a smile appeared on my lips, for his benefit. I leaned my head back against the leather head rest and closed my eyes, taking a big breath. Feeling the sticky blood on my leg made me queasy.

"You're not dying, you know." He chuckled as he turned the key in the ignition. "I know, asshole." I snapped back and he pulled out of his driveway, one hand on the steering wheel and the other on my thigh, the one that wasn't bleeding.

"You looked scared shitless earlier, mister." I spoke, applying pressure on the wound to get it to stop bleeding.

"Yeah," He answered, his eyes fixated on the road. "There was a lot of blood, really quickly. I thought you hit an artery. Then if would be worse. You aren't in any danger so I'm cool as a cucumber now." He began tracing circles on my thigh, somehow in a soothing and not sexual way. I didn't reply and just stared out the window, watching the world quickly pass me by.

We pulled up to the emergency room entrance and he swung the car out front, hopping out and swiftly crossing the front of the car. He pulled open my door and reached inside, undoing my seatbelt for me. I gave him a look that told him I could do it myself but he just smirked. He put his arm around my waist and lifted me out of the car. I made a noise in surprise and he kept the arm secured around my waist as my feet touched the ground. We walked to the doors and Sidney whispered something to an officer of some type in front of the automatic door and the man smiled. Sidney flashed him a smile while tossing him his car keys, which the man caught with keys.

"Why did you just hand that guy the keys to your 40 thousand dollar car?" I questioned accusingly and he laughed at me as we walked through the door.

"He's parking my car." He informed me in a 'duh' voice and I cocked my head to the side. "The perks of being Sidney Crosby." He gave me a cocky smirk before gently pushing me down into a plush chair in the waiting room. I still thought he was a dumbass for leaving his car with some stranger. He moved quickly up to the front desk and spoke quickly to the woman at the desk, who practically swooned, like she'd never seen an attractive man in her life. He's not just an attractive man, a little voice in my head screamed, he's Sidney Crosby. Not that I cared. He was just my boyfriends teammate.

After about a minute he walked back over and plopped down next to me, stretching. I stared at him, expectantly. "Don't you need my medical card or something?" He smirked again and shook his head. "Nah, I took care of it." He announced as he put his hand over mine, applying more pressure to the wound.

"Don't they have standard procedure or..?" He just shook his head.

"Zaria Bauer?" I looked up to see an older nurse standing, clip board in hand as her eyes searched the room. I stood up and she smiled, motioning for me to follow her. I did and Sidney was at my heels.

"Now, now. What happened to you, missy?" I smiled at the woman, despite everything. She reminded me of my grandmother. I had just changed into a hospital gown and was laying on a bed, a blanket draped over the bare part of my legs. Sid was in the chair next to me, silently watching me.

"I fell on a piece of glass." I know realize how stupid that sounded. She nodded, and gently pushed the gown up to the top of my thigh, examining my cut. The bleeding had finally stopped but there was dried blood all down my leg.

"Okay, sweetie, I'm going to put this creme on it and it should be numb in about 30 minutes to get stitches, okay?" I nodded as she put it on. It was cold.

They put the stitches in and cleaned the dried blood off in about 3 hours. They had more of a priority, which I didn't mind. I wasn't in any life theatening danger; not even close. Sidney just watched me the whole time, only muttering a few things from time to time. I ended up with 14 stitches. It was easier than when I got them as a teen. Maybe because Sid was with me and I wasn't by myself.

"Here we go." Sidney spoke for the first time since we got in the car. We had just pulled up at Evgeni's house. I turned and met his eyes.

"Thank you so much. For everything." I spoke sincerely, leaning over and pressing a soft kiss to his warm cheek. I knew it wasn't the smartest thing to do, but I couldn't help it.

"I'll walk you up." He blurted out. I was about to protest but he just shook his head and got out of the car. I opened my door befor he could and walked in front of him, opening the front door with my eyes. I walked upstairs, to Evgeni's bedroom. I grabbed a pair of sweats from my stay-at-home-and-be-comfortable drawer and slipped into the bathroom, changing the bloody pants and taking off the uggs.

I walked out and Sidney was sitting on the bed, looking around anxiously. I handed him the uggs.

"I don't think I can wash the blood out of the sweatpants so I can just buy you a new pair." I offered as I threw my messy brown hair into a pony tail.

"I don't care about the sweatpants." He said, still not moving from the bed. I laid down on the bed, completely exhausted.

"I should be a good host and show you out do Evgeni's house but I'm selfish and tired. Sooo... You know where the door is. Thanks again, for everything." I felt him lay down next to me. I opened my eyes and his hazel eyes were shingling, even in the dark.

"Sid..." I sighed gently, not wanting to sound bitchy after all he'd done for me. "This isn't happening. You're a nice guy and all--" he interrupted.

"I wasn't planning on trying anything. Atleast not tonight. Just staying until you fall asleep. You're obviously not comfortable here by yourself." I blinked. He hit the mail right on the head.

"Make sure you lock the door." I murmured before shutting my eyes. I felt him press his lips to my forehead.

"You deserve so much more." I heard him whisper, a faint sound in my ears. Or maybe I didn't here it at all. The darkness covered me, as I fell into the first good nights sleep I'd had in a while.
♠ ♠ ♠
#prayforboston. I've lived in the city for my whole life and was across the street when the explosion went off. I'm fine but disgusted with some people. My prayers go out to the victims.

On a better note, I tried to make this longer. Haven't been getting any comments so please, be a doll and comment.