Status: feedback for updates(:

Your Cheating Heart Will Tell On You

Friends

"Miss? Excuse me, miss?" I heard a deep voice and felt someone's hands on my arm shortly after. I jumped and swatted at the hand, disoriented and alarmed.

I opened my eyes and scrambled away from the man in front of me. The first thing I noticed was the badge and his uniform; a police officer. Oh My God. What did I do?

I took in my surroundings quickly; I was at a beach. Florida. It all came rushing back to me. The airport, my panic attack back at the house, leaving my phone and running away. I gulped as the man in front of me looked at me with a curious and concerned expression.

I looked at him, meeting his eyes. He couldn't have been much older than me. "What time is it?" I asked as I got up off of the sand, I attempted brushing it off of me but it was everywhere so I just gave up.

He straightened up and continued giving me a perplexed look. "It's about 11 a.m." He answered and I silently cursed myself. They were going to be so pissed. I looked around and knew the direction I had to go into.

"Thank you, officer. I should go now." I spoke awkwardly and began to walk away. He put a gentle hand on my shoulder and I turned to face him; I must have looked like a crazy person to him. In this case, looks aren't really deceiving.

"I need your name then I can let you go. A woman called and reported that a young woman was passed out on the beach." I gave him my name and after he asked if I was okay again, I took off in a run down the beach.

It was a gloomy day so not many people were out. It looked like it could pour any second. I couldn't get over the fact that I had passed out on the beach. I knew I would have 4 very angry men waiting for me when I go back to the house.

I ran at full speed for about 10 minutes until I got near the house. I cautiously approached the back door and found it was unlocked. I took a deep breath and prepared myself enough to go in the house. They didn't need the worry I was ensuing on them.

No one was in the kitchen so I tiptoed to the living room. I heard murmured voices and they stopped as I entered. I was surprised at the sight before me.

They were all sitting there, looking worried and tired. I shifted uncomfortably and felt a huge wave of guilt fall over me. Sidney was staring at me, anger and relief present in those hazel eyes. My father looked upset and the few wrinkles on his face seemed to multiply over night. Tommy was asleep in one of the chairs and I don't think I've ever seen someone look as sick as Alex looked right now. I couldn't even look at him.

"Oh my God." I heard a voice cry out from behind me. I recognized that voice in an instant.

She pulled me in a hug, despite the fact that I was a mess, physically and mentally. I could smell the sweet perfume she always wore and that comforted me. Something, even though its small, that never changes.

She let go of me and I saw the circles beneath her brown eyes. I saw tears fill her eyes and she squeezed me again.

"Oh, Zar. I was so worried. I'm so worried." She whispered in my ear and I patted her back, comforting Vero. Another pound of guilt was added on my chest.

"How did you find me, Vero?" I asked as she led me to the couch. She sat down next to me and put an arm around me. I just noticed how cold I was.

"I went to Evgeni's place and found a number. It was the house number and I spoke to Tommy. You have no idea how worried I was. I didn't know if you were hurt, or scared or in danger. And I'm so sorry about your mom, mon ami. So sorry." She finished with such a sad look on her pretty face.

I looked across the room and Alex was watching us intently. Sidney was staring out the window, his jaw tense.

All of a sudden, Sidney's eyes widened. And he jumped up.

"Fuck, fuck." He ran towards the kitchen and I heard the back door slam, the one that led to the beach.

"Zaria?" I would recognize that Russian accent anywhere. I looked at Vero and her eyes widened.

Shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?