Status: feedback for updates(:

Your Cheating Heart Will Tell On You

Dumb

"Good morning. My name is Zaria. What can I get you this morning?" I flashed the older couple a fake smile. The gruff man looked up from his iPhone and the woman smiled, her kind eyes lighting up.

"Zaria? What a beautiful name. I'll have some toast on rye bread and orange juice, please, sweetie."I nodded and looked to the man.

"Zaria? That Russian?" I nodded slightly, his face twisted up in a disgusted grimace. "Communist." He muttered as my smile faltered a bit.

"I'll have a ham and cheese omelette with a side of bacon. Don't burn the toast." He spoke in a snotty voice and shoved the menu in my direction. What an ass.

"Anything to drink?" I asked and noticed the glare the woman was giving the man. "Coffee." He didn't even look at me as he shooed me away with his hand.

I walked swiftly back to the kitchen and hung the order on the little line thing. I had been working in this cute cafe for the past 4 months, not wanting to be completely dependent on Evgeni's money. I also didn't want to just sit home all alone when he was at practice or on one of his long road trips. He was on one now and wouldn't be back for the next 5 days or so.

I poured the orange juice and coffee, making my way back over to my only table right now. I set the drinks down and the rude man was back on his phone, completely ignoring me. People like him bothered the shit out of me. Why does he have to be such a douche? Was it seriously that fucking painful to atleast be remotely polite?

"Table 12's order is ready, Zaria." The cook, Frankie, told me as he slid the plates my way.

"Thanks, Frankie-Poo." I chirped and he laughed at my silly nick name for him.

"Here you go, folks. Tell me if there's anything else I can get for you, okay?" The guy ignored me again and his wife thanked me and smiled.

"Sweetheart, could I have a refill on my juice, please?" I took the glass from her hand and quickly refilled it. I was over at their table, putting the drink down, when someone bumped into me from behind. I jolted forward, the juice sloshing over the rim of the cup. My eyes widened when I saw it went all over the man'iPhone. He cursed and grabbed the phone.

"Shit… I'm so sorry--" I sputtered out but winced and shut up when he threw the phone on the ground. He looked up to me and gave me a murderous look. I shrank back a little.

"You little bitch." He seethed, catching the attention of the few people in the cafe. "That costs fucking money! You stupid--" A shadow descended on the table and he was no longer looking at me. I turned my head slightly, hands trembling a little. My eyes connected with angry hazel ones before he looked back down.

"Listen, you stupid fuck." He shouted, his face turning red. "You don't speak to her like that. She is a woman and a human being, for fucks sake" He reached into his pocket and pulled something out, throwing it on to the table. It was 5 one hundred dollar bills.

"That's for your precious phone, you prick. If you want to scream at somebody, scream at me. See how much of a tough guy you are when you're not yelling at a girl whose barely 5 feet tall." He was getting redder in the face and leaning down, intimidating the man more.

"Henry, lets just go." The woman spoke, obviously nervous. Sidney glanced at her then back at Henry. He stood up and moved around the other side of the table, away from Sidney. He snatched up the money, leaving 20 dollars in place for their food. He practically ran out of there. His wife shot us an apologetic look before scurrying off to her husband. If Evgeni ever acted like that to someone in public, I would be absolutely mortified.

"Zaria, take your break now. You're not in trouble, you weren't in the wrong. I'll have someone bring you some food." I nodded and Sidney pressed his large hand into the small of my back, guiding me towards a booth.

I slid in one side and he slid in the other. I still hadn't spoken and neither had he. I studied his tense facial expression.

"Why do you carry around shit loads of hundred dollar bills?" I blurted out, breaking the silence. His tense muscles instantly relaxed and he burst out laughing, that annoying laugh. I found myself smiling slightly.

"A simple 'thank you' would be okay. Or you could thank me with sexual favors." I snorted, remembering the text from yesterday.

"As if." I mirrored his smirk. "Sid the Stalker is your new name." I told him.

He pretended to think about it. "It could work." I just shook my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really liked writing this. Please comment and tell me what you think.