Status: feedback for updates(:

Your Cheating Heart Will Tell On You

Plead

"That top is totally you." Vero told me as she flipped through the clothes rack. I looked down at the purple tank top with lace trim and a low neck line.

"You think?" I made a face, not feeling it. She looked up at me, annoyance present in her dark eyes. "Alright, spill. What's up with you?" She grabbed my arm and dragged me to a bench in the store.

I gave her the most innocent look I could muster. "I don't know what you're talking about." I took out my phone, seeing the message icon flashing.

From: Sidney
I'm lonely. Wanna get some food?

To: Sidney
Horny and hungry?

I laughed after I sent that and Vero huffed out a pissed off breath. "You're acting all weird." She accused and stood up, going back over to her pile of clothes.

"Just because I don't like some slutty shirt?" I followed her as she picked up the heap and turned to face me. "All you ever wear is slutty shirts, Zaria." I glared at her, anger pricking at the back of my neck. She only continued.

"First you cheat on the man who worships the ground you walk on and completely lie about it. Then you didn't answer your phone all day yesterday and nearly gave me a heart attack. You always answer your phone." She stressed the always and I continued to glare. I wasn't really acting different. "And you forgot to call Geno last night? Everyone, and I mean everyone, knows your routine. Every night, when the boys are away, you call him and he talks to you until you fall asleep. You--" I cut her off.

"The phone works both ways." I spat out. I had a streak of defiance and decided he could call me sometimes too. Childish, but true. She gave me a disappointed look.

"Don't look at me that way. We can't all be perfect like Veronique fucking Fleury." Jealousy seeped through my words and her eyes widened.

"I am not perfect." She jutted her chin out as I snorted.

"Let's see... Perfect parents, perfect siblings, perfect childhood, perfect private high school education, perfect boyfriend and now husband from high school, perfect attitude, perfect appearance, perfect college education, and now a perfect marriage." I listed off as all the jealously and insecurity I had from her flowed off my tongue. I chose to ignore the pained expression on her face.

"Oh, please, Zaria. Don't kid yourself. You're the most beautiful girl I've ever met. Everyone knows it. You know Marc Andre even said that once?" She dropped the clothes and started out the door. I followed, both of our shoulders tense. She sat down at a bench outside and I stood a few feet away, and called a cab. I regretted not meeting her with my car.

"We went to the same college." She said and I cut a glance her way. She was still sitting down.

I just shook my head. "You were given that. I had to work my motherfucking ass off." I growled at her and silently prayed that the taxi would come now.

"Well, you never told me anything about your past. It's like you just popped up from no where at freshman orientation. I don't even know where you are from." I turned to face her.

"That's because you wouldn't understand." I looked into her hard eyes. ''You never gave me the chance to." She snapped and I laughed bitterly. She gave me a look that screamed 'you're crazy'.

"I bet you didn't have to be afraid of coming home from school and having to call 911 because your mother overdosed again, right?" I spoke evenly and I could see her eyes instantly swell up with guilt.

"Oh, Zar..." She looked like she was on the verge of tears. Right then, the taxi showed up.

I hopped in without a look back. I heard her shout but told the driver to step on it.

"Where to, miss?" The man asked and I met his eyes in the rearview mirror. I told him the only place I wanted to be. The one on my mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
PLEASE please comment! Evegeni should be back next chapter.

COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT! :)