A Life Less Ordinary

This "Normal" Thing

The following day, Isla woke close to one. She knew before opening her eyes that Bane was watching her.

“Hey…” she said quietly, brushing her hair out of her face.

“Good Afternoon…” he replied. From the sound of his voice, she didn’t have to see his face to know he was wearing the mask.

She yawned and stretched. Today was their final day in the room. They would be leaving for Canada in the morning, and Isla had quite a bit of laundry to gather and wash and pack. All she really wanted to do was bury herself under the sheets and sleep for ten years.

She sat up, wincing from the tenderness in her hips.

“Are you alright?” he asked. Isla looked at him and blushed as she remembered the events that took place-numerous times-in the room. She blushed harder as she looked around. The table was on its side, the comforter and pillows were thrown on the floor. And he just sat in his chair, eyes smiling at her, as if it were perfectly normal for the room to look as if the sex Olympics had been held there.

“My God…” she said, running her hand through her hair. Bane chuckled.

“It was worth it.” He said, walking to the bed and sitting down next to her.

“It was something…that’s for sure.” she whispered. He reached out to brush her hair from her shoulder and she flinched. His brow furrowed in confusion and her eyes met his.

“Sorry….habit…” she said, turning away. He gently took hold of her chin and turned her to face him again. She was shocked at the emotion she saw in his eyes.

“You don’t have to fear me ever again.” he said. She nodded and gave him a small smile, brushing her fingers over the mouthpiece of his mask. He closed his eyes.

“I think I have gone insane. I seem fine to you and myself…but I can’t help but think once we walk out of here, people are going to see me wide-eyed and drooling, crazy.” she said, laughing.

“How so?” he asked.

“I’ve run away with my captor…and now I’m having undeniably crazy, wonderful sex with said captor. I. Am. Crazy.” she replied, flopping backwards on the mattress.

“None of this came easy for me Isla…” He said, easing himself back onto his elbows.

“Do tell…” she said, turning her head to look at him. He stared forward at the window as he spoke.

“I have never been open with anyone before. I have always thought such things to be…inconsequential. No point. The more I remained a mystery to my men, the more they feared me as their leader.” He turned his head slightly, glancing at her from the corner of his eye.

“I was a force to be reckoned with. Unstoppable…until I wasn’t. I have never given dying any thought and I have been surrounded by death and chaos all of my life. The day I was shot…” his voice trailed and he shook his head. Isla reached over and squeezed his large hand with her tiny one.

“It was a traumatic event…” she said quietly.

“I don’t remember what took place after. I managed to get out of the bank and out of the city in the midst of the fighting…” He rolled onto his side and looked down at her, brushing her face gently with his fingers.

“And found you.”

Isla smiled up at him, covering his hand with her own. “Yay for you.” she said. His eyes squinted with a hidden smile. She pushed him onto his back and straddled his waist.

“If you go with me, you need to know who I am-what I’ve done.”

She shook her head, sending her hair cascading over her shoulder. “It sounds to me as if you have been given a second chance. Those are quite rare, you know.” She patted his chest.

“It’s up to you to decide how you will use this second chance. Most people choose to do things differently, since the first time didn’t go so well…” Bane’s brow furrowed as he tried to grasp her words.

“Point is-there will be time for me to know you. And trust me, I want to know everything. As for what you’ve done, I could care less. You don’t have to confess your sins to me. You are however, forgiven for the way you acted towards me that first night.”

“I thought you hated me. If I recall correctly…” Bane trailed his rough hand down her neck and bare shoulder, feeling her shudder lightly. She could feel his excitement rising beneath her.

“I don’t hate you. Of course I didn’t know that at the time.” She leaned down and pressed her lips to his mask, then slid off the bed and into the bathroom.

“I need to go into town and wash our clothes. Don’t know when I will get a chance again.” She piled her hair on top of her head in a messy bun and commenced to brushing her teeth.

Bane laid back on the mattress, listening to her inaudible words. Was this what normal people did? Men lying on beds, listening to their women talk with their mouths full of toothpaste and water? He decided it was a start towards something like normalcy, and almost liked the thought of attempting to be normal. Sighing heavily and rubbing his face, he knew had a lot to learn.

He was unsure of how to act around her. The women he had been with in the past weren’t exactly chatty with him. He had despised the thought of conversing with them, and instead would just throw them down and silently take what they were offering, sending them on their way without a word.

He couldn’t find words to describe what he felt with Isla last night. He had never felt anything like it before. In comparison to the exchanges he’d had with the past women, his night with Isla was unlike anything he had ever experienced. Happiness was not a word that frequented his vocabulary often. But he was starting to notice an odd feeling in the pit of his stomach whenever he saw her.

The feeling presented itself once more as she walked out in a pair of dark purple bikini panties, covering her breasts with her arms.

Bane reached out and grabbed her by her waist and pulled her down to him. She squealed loudly, landing against his hard chest.

“What, sir?” she asked, looking down at him. He smiled.

“I need more of you.” He replied, reaching up to take his mask off. Isla grabbed his hand.

“Keep it on.” she said, leaning down to brush her lips against his jaw. The sensation caused him to lose self control. He flipped her on to her back, causing her to laugh out loud. He could definitely get used to this ‘normal’ thing.
♠ ♠ ♠
FYI, in case there was any confusion, I own nothing aside from OFCs.