A Life Less Ordinary

And You Are Indeed Wicked

Isla picked up the last pile of clothes from the bathroom floor. She had to hurry if she was going to get to the Laundromat before closing. Bane had been quite….voracious. And she had the bruises on her hips to prove it. He was becoming her new addiction, but nevertheless time consuming.

She began stuffing the clothes into a bag when she came across her dirt and blood stained scrub top from the night she was abducted. She definitely didn’t foresee her present situation as an outcome that night.

Checking the pockets, she was stoked to find her iPod and earbuds. She tossed the top into the trash and shoved the mp3 player into the back pocket of her jeans.

“I will only be an hour or two…” she said, walking into the motel room. Bane lay in the bed, his arm bent behind his head, sheet draped over his waist. Her stomach flipped and she wished the clothes would just wash themselves.

“An hour or two…too long.” he replied, sitting up.

She smiled and walked to the door. “It’s only three blocks down and two loads of clothes. You can use the time to rest.”

“There is no rest for the wicked, my dear.” he said, standing. The sheet dropped, exposing him.

Isla couldn’t stop her face from blushing. “And you are indeed wicked…” she said, turning to the door. Before she could open it completely, he reached over her shoulder and pushed it shut. She could feel his massive frame pressed against her back. He leaned down and nuzzled her neck. The sensation mixed with the coolness of the metal mask sent a chill down her spine.

“Be careful…” he said quietly. She turned her head to look at him over her shoulder.

His eyes, full of sincerity, held hers. She turned and, standing on her tip toes, planted a soft kiss over the mouth of the mask.

OoOoOoOo

It was well after eleven at night and the Laundromat was essentially dead. She had her earphones in, singing aloud to 1973 by James Blunt, folding the clothes away neatly into the two duffel bags. Holding one of Bane’s black shirts up to her chest, she was amazed at how much bigger he was than her. The thought of him brought a smile to her lips. She folded it and zipped up the last bag.

“Here we go again…” she sang, zipping her coat and tossing the bags over her shoulder. The cold night air took her breath as she pushed the door open. Snow had begun to fall heavily. With music blaring loud in her ears, she was oblivious to the silhouette that was following her and continued to make her way down the dark street.

Before Isla could reach the next street, the person grabbed her by her hair and clamped a hand over her mouth. She flailed her arms and kicked her legs as she was dragged into the alleyway and thrown viciously against the brick wall. Before her stood a bearded man who was much taller than her. She couldn’t make out any other features in the dark. He spoke to her but she couldn’t hear for the volume of her iPod. She could however, detect alcohol on his breath as he moved his mouth close to her face. She screamed loudly the second he removed his hand from her mouth.

She saw stars as his fist landed across her face, knocking her to the ground. The taste of blood filled her mouth and she screamed again, trying to scurry away on her hands and knees.

“Please-” she choked.

He grabbed her by her legs and pulled her to him, ripping her jeans and pulling them down. Her thoughts went back to Bane and she wished at that moment more than anything for him.

‘The clothes could have fucking waited!’ she thought helplessly. He used his weight to press her to the ground and gripped her waist roughly. She winced as he found the bruises on her hips.

‘This can’t be happening…this isn’t happening. Why the HELL is this happening?!’ She went limp and squeezed her eyes shut.

And before she knew it, the pressure of his body on hers was gone. She rolled onto her back and scooted away. She caught a glimpse of light reflecting off of his mask.

Bane towered over her, holding her attacker in the air by his throat. His legs kicked furiously and he clawed at Bane’s hands, to no advantage. With a flick of his wrist, he crushed the man’s windpipe and dropped him to the ground.

He looked down at her, seething. His breathing was heavy as he looked down at the man’s body, giving him a nudge with his boot. When he didn’t move, Bane knelt down before Isla. She crawled into his arms, shaking uncontrollably.

“Is he dead?” she asked.

“He is.” Bane pulled her to her feet. “And we have to leave, now.”

Isla pulled her jeans up sniffled. He grabbed her chin and tilted her face to the light.

“Are you alright?” he asked, wiping blood from her mouth. Her eyes filled with tears.

“That son of a bitch…I should have been paying more attention…” she said, grabbing the bags of clothes.

Bane took both bags in one hand and wrapped his other arm around her shoulders. They hurried back to the motel in silence.