A Life Less Ordinary

I Have Already Succeeded In Woo-ing You

‘Sometimes love isn’t about how much someone suits you…
But how much you’re willing to change to suit them….’
-Rough Hands
, Alexisonfire


They stood in the bathroom of their hotel room, steam from the hot shower rising into the air. Isla pulled Bane’s mask from his face and dropped it to the floor. He slid his hands up the back of her shirt. His hands were cold, causing her to arch her back and press her chest into his. She gazed up at him through long, thick lashes. Her cheeks were still rosy from the wind, her lips slightly swollen and red giving her an ethereal appearance. The sight caused his breath to catch in his throat.

“I want you so badly right now…” he whispered, leaning his forehead against hers. She stood on her tiptoes, her mouth lingering so close to his they brushed when she spoke.

“So take me.” That was all he needed to hear, before catching her lips with his own. Her mouth was sweet and she ran her tongue across his bottom lip, causing him to groan loudly. She pulled at his shirt, dragging her nails down his chest. She could feel his eagerness manifested in his pants and it only heightened her own arousal. Suddenly feeling brave, she slid her hand down and brushed her fingertips against the bulge in his jeans. The feeling sent him violently over the edge and in a fury he ripped the t-shirt from his chest, grabbed her by the hips and lifted her into the air. Locking her ankles around his waist, she reached up and grabbed the shower curtain rail, throwing her head back as he bit her neck.

“Do it…” she whispered. Bane set her on her feet and kneeled before her, helping her step out of her panties. He stood and removed his remaining clothes. They stood staring at one another and time seemed to stand still. He was in awe of her body, and amazed that he never ceased to be in awe of it. She stepped into the shower, throwing a seductive smile over her shoulder. He didn’t hesitate to follow. Shoving the curtain aside, he stepped into the steam-filled stall.

Isla was a vision before him, leaning her head back so that the water soaked her hair. He watched the water trickle over her shoulders and down her breasts. He took her gently in his arms and kissed her as if it were their last kiss. They were passionate, taking it very slow. She wrapped herself around him and he held her up, pressing her back against the tile and himself into her as deep as he could. She arched her back and cried out in pleasure as she climaxed. A deep animalistic growl erupted from his lips.

She grabbed his face. “Look at me…” she huffed. Their eyes locked and Bane’s climax was triggered by the shuddering of her body and he thrust himself brutally into her. This caused her to scream loudly as another orgasm racked her body. He held her tightly against him until she stopped shaking. She lay her head against his chest, whimpering slightly.

“Did I hurt you?” he asked, trying to catch his breath. She shook her head, keeping her forehead against his solid chest. He set her on her feet gently and wrapped his arms around her.

OoOoOoOo


The next night, Bane lay exhausted in the bed running his fingers gently through Isla’s long hair as she slept naked against his chest. They had spent hours having beautiful, passion-filled sex and even more hours having sex naughty enough to make him blush. Her scent filled his senses, causing his heart to flutter with what could only be described as happiness. Something he didn’t come by EVER. It had been over three weeks-nearly one month since he literally stumbled upon her in his fevered state. She had been the light at the end of his dark, dark tunnel and he found himself feeling insanely possessive and protective of her, especially when she was in his arms. He was convinced that if she were anywhere but by his side, she was not safe. He wasn’t even sure how she survived her twenty-six years without him. She shifted slightly and he pulled the blankets over her shoulders. He knew now that he could never be without her. Not if he wanted to survive. He buried his face in her hair and closed his eyes, feeling peace for the first time in his life.

“I…love you…” his voice was barely audible over the noise of the TV.

OoOoOoOo


“Well I’m not sure I understand why we are ‘stocking up’ on camping supplies…” Isla said as he loaded winter coats and hats into her arms. They had wasted two more days in that hotel room and he was in a hurry to get on the road. He also couldn’t push away the nagging emotions that clouded his mind. He told her loved her and she hadn’t replied.

‘It’s possible she didn’t hear…she was asleep, after all.’ But it still bothered him. He had never, ever put himself out there like that.

Bane quickly made his way down the aisles, placing items in her arms. “Why do we need all of this stuff if we are driving?” she asked, straining to peer at him over the pile of clothes in her arms.

“Because we wont be driving once we get to Jasper. Keep it down, you never know who is listening.” he said quietly. Despite the fact that he wasn’t wearing the mask, people still turned to stare at his massive body. One tall blonde actually smiled and batted her eyes at him, causing Isla to cast a death glare at her over the load in her arms.

“Who is Jasper?” she huffed, her gaze and head following the woman as she passed them.

He turned to face her. “It’s not a who, it’s a city. Now will you please stop with the questions, I have to think, a task that is already made difficult enough with you near me.” he said sharply. Any one else would have been apprehensive towards him after that, but not Isla.

Her eyes narrowed and mouth dropped as she sucked in a sharp breath. “I will not. I deserve to know where we are going and what to expect! I chose to come with you. I saved your life! You owe me!” she replied, her voice becoming more shrill than he would have liked. A few people turned to look at them.

Bane exhaled through his nose. “You insufferable woman…” he said, running a hand over his shaven head. No one had ever dare speak to him in such a manner, anyone who tried never spoke again. He wasn’t entirely sure how to respond.

“Well you are an insufferable MAN!” she snapped. Dropping the clothes on the floor, she turned on her heel and stormed out of the store.

Bane sighed, picked up the clothes and proceeded to the cashier. When he walked out the door, he saw Isla leaning against the SUV, her arms crossed tightly over her chest.

He walked up without a word, standing mere inches from her. She averted her eyes angrily, her bottom lip sticking out. Snow had begun to fall lightly and small flakes were landing on her long eyelashes and her hair. She looked like what he would imagine angels looked like and any irritation he had felt immediately melted away.

“You’re angry with me.” He stated quietly. She said nothing but sighed and poked her bottom lip out further. Deciding to let her calm down, he turned and walked to the back of the car and loaded the supplies. When he returned to the front and got in, she was sitting in the front, arms still crossed.

“You told me you would never lie to me.” she said quietly.

He started the car and pulled onto the highway. “I never lied to you.” he said.

“You withheld details. It’s the same as lying.”

He laughed. “You know…you’re beautiful when you’re angry.”

She felt a smile tug at the corners of her lips involuntarily, then shook her head. “Don’t do that!” she said sharply.

“What am I doing?” he asked, smiling.

“Trying to woo me. Trying to change the subject.” she said.

“I think that I have already succeeded in woo-ing you, dearest. And I wasn’t trying to change the subject. I simply saw the opportunity to pay a compliment.” he looked over at her and winked. Isla smiled but narrowed her eyes at him.

“I’m sorry if I offended you in the store. I didn’t want to give out any pertinent information with so many people around. On the subject of Jasper…It is the last area of civilization before we make our way to Dungeon Peak. When we leave Jasper, it will be by snowmobile. Until we can’t maneuver the terrain, then we go on foot. That is why we have stocked up on the camping gear.” he explained.

“Are you serious?” she asked, her eyes wide. He glanced at her and she sighed, flopping back against the chair. “Of course you are…” she said, running her hand through her hair. “Awww man!”

He laughed again. “Not what you expected when you ran away with me.” he asked.

“Not even remotely close. Don’t you have a helicopter or private jet in some random town close by?” she asked

He looked over at her and smiled.

“Tell me we are at least stopping to sleep when we get to Jasper.” she said, drawing her knees up to her chest.

“Of course. If that’s what you want to call it.”