A Life Less Ordinary

You Left Me

“Can you lie next to her
And give her your heart, your heart
As well as your body
And can you lie next to her
And confess your love, your love”


White Blank Page, Mumford and Sons


Without hesitation, she reared back and slapped him across his face, forgetting about the mask. She shook her stinging hand, all the while glaring at him. The small space where her hand met his exposed cheek stung slightly but he said nothing.

“You bastard.” she began to cry.

Lightning illuminated her face momentarily revealing her swollen, bruised cheek. Flecks of dried blood still decorated the side of her face and neck, and her bottom lip was split. She tried to turn her face, but he held firm.

“What happened to you?” he asked angrily, tilting her face upwards.

“One of your ‘brothers’ followed me today when I went down to the river.” she said. She could see the rage swirling in his eyes.

“You went off of the grounds..” he stated incredulously.

“But really, I’m alright, thanks for asking.” she snapped, slapping his hand away. She got out of the bed and stormed into the bathroom. Before she could slam the door, Bane shoved it open and turned on the light.

Are you alright?” he asked. She turned away from him and leaned against the sink. “Did he-” He felt a lump in his throat at the thought.

“He tried.” she said, looking at him in the mirror. “Victor saved me.”

He should have been indebted, but felt only disdain at the thought of Victor being there for her, when he could not.

“You left me…” she said quietly.

“I did.” He said, unclasping his mask. Isla heard the tell tale hissing as the mask was removed and turned to face him.

“Not a word. Not one word from you for over a month! And you just waltz in as casually as if you had never left. Do you have any idea what that was like for me?” she cried. Bane said nothing as he pulled his black shirt over his head and dropped it to the floor.

Isla’s words caught in her throat when she turned to face him.

“From your emotional outburst, I can see that it was very difficult and I am sorry. But you must understand, it had to be done, there was no time.” he said, dropping his belt to the ground and walking towards her. She took a step back and held her hand up.

“I didn’t know if you were dead or alive…” her voice faltered and tears welled up in her eyes. He stepped forward until her fingertips touched his bare chest.

“You would have known…” he said quietly, trailing the tear that fell down her cheek with his finger. He closed his eyes and buried his face in her hair, inhaling her scent. “If I had died, you would have known.”

“How?” she said, wrapping her arms around his waist.

He kissed her forehead. “You would have felt it.” he said, tilting her chin up. He ran his rough thumb over her bottom lip gently.

She pushed him away. “You’re still angry with me.” he affirmed. She looked up him through thick lashes.

“You left me…” she said. She tried to push past him but he grabbed her arm. She struck him hard across his now fully exposed face.

“You abandoned me for some damned mission! And you‘ll do it again!” she cried.

Turned on by the her rage, he brought his lips down on hers. Her slowly crumbling wall finally collapsed as she wrapped her arms around his neck, pressing her body against his in a frenzy.

“I will never leave you again.” he breathed, lifting her into his arms. He carried her to their bed and laid her down gently. She stared up at him, eyes bright with tears. He looked over her bruised, tear-streaked face and brushed her hair back and his chest tightened.

“I love you.” he said.

She couldn’t stop the smile that came to her lips. “I love you too…” she whispered. Those words washed over him like the most potent of analgesics. Weaving his fingers through her dark hair, he brought his lips down to hers.

Isla allowed herself to be lost as he trailed kisses down her throat, pausing only briefly to pull her shirt over her head. His chest was cool against the warm flesh of her breasts. She groaned as he kissed her breast, flicking the nipple with his tongue. She wrapped her legs around his waist, feeling his stiffened form pressing hard between her legs.

He broke away from her, quickly discarding his pants. He ripped hers off and placed himself between her legs. She reached her arms up to pull him down against her body, moaning as he pressed himself against her. He didn’t enter he right away, instead he paused, letting himself rub against her opening, teasing her.

She raked her nails down his chest and, taking him by surprise, she reached between her legs and gripped him tightly.

“Don’t you dare. You don’t get to tease me. You lost that privilege when you left.” she said.

He breathed in sharply at her touch and without further delay, shoved himself inside her roughly. Isla cried out at the sensation. He paused, giving her a chance to adjust and then, excruciatingly slow, pulled himself out only to push back in with more force. Isla moaned with bliss at the motion, locking her legs around his waist. He moved slowly and deliberately, taking in the beautiful sounds of pleasure escaping her split and bruised lips. His pace was agonizing, as she could feel the familiar tingling building in her lower stomach. He leaned down and hungrily devoured her lips with his own. She rocked her hips forward and up, pulling him into her deeper.

“Please…..” she whimpered. He brushed his rough thumb over her lip. The split had reopened and was shimmering with fresh blood. Isla turned her head and took his finger into her mouth, flicking it with her tongue. Bane growled, pure animalistic lust taking over. He pushed her legs back and violently increased his pace, ramming himself into her. The move sent Isla into a raging climax, screaming his name loudly.

But he didn’t stop. Gripping her neck with one hand, and lifting her leg with the other, he thrust himself deeper, giving no reprieve. The next orgasm washed over her with a brutal shudder and a sob escaped her lips. Days and weeks of longing now caught up with him causing his own climax to erupt in waves. With a loud groan he collapsed, sweaty and drained onto her trembling form.

He laid his head between her breasts, listening to her heart beating rapidly. “I love you…” he gasped.

She wrapped her arms around him, stroking his head soothingly. “And I love you…” she whispered. And they lay together sweating and trembling, tangled in one another, until exhaustion closed their eyelids.