A Life Less Ordinary

Epilogue

Isla followed Bane through the airport, clutching his hand in hers tightly. Her other hand rested lightly on top of her eight month pregnant belly as it contracted. Instinctively she squeezed Bane’s hand until the contraction had passed.

He looked over his shoulder at her and smiled. “Are you alright?” he asked.

She nodded, momentarily rendered speechless as his eyes locked with hers. He had insisted on waiting until all lose ends of the brotherhood had been tied up. He never did disclose what he meant by that, and she never cared enough to ask.

The end result was seen instantly in his eyes. No longer were they cold and indifferent. She could clearly see the man, instead of the mask. His hair had grown in dark brown and a neatly groomed beard covered his face. He had traded the flak vest for an olive green dress shirt. The camo pants for a pair of dark blue jeans and the combat boots for a pair of dark brown boots that turned down at the ankle.

Cortes, Theo, Luca and Cooper parted ways, never giving detail to where they would go.

Woodrue and Schneider stayed with them. Schneider because he had nowhere else to go. Woodrue stayed at the request of Bane. Despite all he had done to save them, Bane still had a hard time trusting him. Isla had grown to think of him as more of a father figure. The two men were meeting them in Florida before they made their way to their new home in St. Croix.

Another contraction began, jolting her out of her thoughts and she stopping her in her tracks. Bane halted and looked at her. “Isla?”

She bit her lip and squeezed her eyes shut until it passed. “I’m having contractions…” she whispered.

His eyes widened and he turned completely to face her. “For how long?” he asked.

“Right before we left Canada…” she said.

“Why didn’t you say anything?” he asked, running his hand through his hair.

“They weren’t consistent, I figured they were just Braxton Hicks.” she said.

“What do I need to do?” he asked.

“Nothin-” Her eyes got wide as she suddenly felt warm liquid trickle down her thighs.

“Isla what is it?” he asked, his voice rising.

“My water broke…Bane..my water just broke!” she said.

“Excuse me, did I just hear you correctly?” Isla turned to the voice.

A woman with long wavy blonde hair and bright blue eyes stood behind her next to a tall man with black goatee and black hair combed back.

Isla forced a smile. “If you head me say my water broke, then yes.”

“How far apart are your contractions?” the woman asked.

“Umm maybe every five minutes for at least 30 seconds.” Isla said.

“And how far along are you?” she asked. “I’m sorry, My name is Aurora Moreau. I’m a nurse. This is Loki.” she said, motioning to the man next to her.

Isla exhaled and closed her eyes again as another contraction washed over her, causing her to feel weak in her knees. “I’m…37 weeks…” she took in a deep breath.

Bane caught her as her legs buckled and lowered her carefully to the floor. “Are you alright?”

“That was a strong one…” Aurora said.

“I think we need to call 911...” Isla breathed, clutching at her stomach. She was well aware that a small crowd had begun to develop around them.

Aurora looked behind her at her companion. “Loki, use the cell phone and call 911.”

Loki nodded at her, pulling the phone out of her bag.

“Is she going to be alright?” Bane asked.

Aurora nodded and smiled. “Your baby is on its way.” she said.

“As are the paramedics…” Loki interjected.

Isla looked up at Bane. “Where are we going to go?? We don‘t have any-”

He brushed her hair out of her face. “Shhh…do not worry. I will take care of you.”

OoOoOoOo

Bane stood in the waiting room of the Seattle hospital, staring down at the speeding cars in the late night hours. His arms were crossed over his chest and he traced his bottom lip with his thumb. It took every fiber of his being not to rip the door to her hospital room down. He had to concentrate so he didn’t crack the skull of the nurses who told him to leave. His last image of Isla was of her laying pale on the bed.

And there was so much they weren’t prepared for. The house in St. Croix wasn’t ready. They had no baby items. No clothes, no car seat. Bane began to mentally make a list of the things he’d heard Isla speak about. Where would he even begin to look for a baby carrier?

Schneider clapped a hand down on his shoulder, breaking him from his trance. “It’s time.” he said.

Bane turned to see a nurse with curly red hair waiting in the door way of the waiting room. “She’s ready for you…”

He silently followed the nurse to Isla’s room. He reached out for the door handle and for the first time since he could remember, he was terrified. Taking a deep breath, he entered the room. It was dark, save for one light in the far corner by the bed. He paused before pulling back the curtain, his nerves getting the better of him.

Then came the cry. The most beautiful sound he’d ever heard. Exhaling, he pulled the curtain back.

Isla smiled at him from the bed, holding the baby close.

He staked across the room to her and sat on the side of the bed. They stared into each other’s eyes until the baby whimpered. Isla instinctively looked down and brushed its cheek with her finger gently.

“Would you like to meet your daughter?” she asked.

Bane felt his throat tighten with emotion. “Daughter?” he asked. “I have a daughter?”

Isla nodded and placed the baby in his arms. It would have been comical if it hadn’t been so sweet.

Bane immensely dwarfed the seven pound infant. He stared down at her, at a loss for words. The baby slept soundly against him not giving so much as a flinch when he brushed her head with his hand.

He looked up at Isla, tears in his eyes. “She looks just like you…” he whispered.

“She has your eyes.” she said.

“What should we call her?” he asked.

“I liked the one you suggested last night…”

Bane smiled and looked back down at the baby, kissing her forehead gently. “Little Rosie it is…”

Isla sighed and laid her head back on the pillows. “I like it…”

“There is one thing I don’t like.” he said.

Isla looked at him, an eyebrow arched.

“She doesn’t have my last name. As a matter of fact, neither of you do. That is an issue I must rectify.” he place the baby gently in her arms, reached into the pocket of his coat, and revealed a simple white gold solitaire diamond ring.

Isla felt her heart would burst from her chest and her eyes glazed over. “Bane…” she squeaked.

“The only solution is for you to marry me.” he said.

Isla nodded as the tears fell down her cheeks. “If you’ll have me…” she whispered.

Bane leaned forward, weaving his hand through her hair. He pressed his forehead to hers. “I will always have you, silly girl. I cannot exist in a world where you don’t.” he whispered, sliding the ring onto her finger. “I love you.”

“I love you too…” she said, pressing her lips to his.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End. For those who would be interested, here it Bane's new look.
I couldn't be happier with the end result. I would like to send a HUGE thank you out to every one who recommended the story. And a SUPER HUGE thanks to my awesome supporters: Nothingpersonal10, Meap34, Mrs. Roman Godfrey, RosiePosie08, theenigma, OctoberA7X, Synystergates_1001, KaptianDope, sup.jessay, Chloe29, FarFarAway, Shaydi, LittleRedRidingHood, Rebecca Fierro, babygurl94512, BekahErin 519, kylabeth, its_cristinith, lizicea7x, rjsmommy7511, MoMo_92, Alex160893, PuckConnolly, M12798501R, SpookyPuddin, and sarah-lou.

Thank You all so so much for all your awesome, uplifting comments. I will now be concentrating on my Loki fic, To Roam Into the Unknown. I have ideas for another Tom Hardy fic, based off of Warrior. But I think I will finish the Loki fic first. Two timing fanfics can be an ugly business.