Remember This

1/1

The one reason that I came here was stupid. I was not a type of girl who believed in everything, who never gave up and who actually found out that they still love their ex. But that's what has been happening to me. Ever since I saw them on TV and heard the song 'Teenage Hearts', I knew I wanted to see him again. Even if it meant him leaving again. I needed to see him. That was my pathetic reason.

"Caitlin," Jena whined. "Come on already! Let's go up front."

I looked over at her. "I don't want to, to be that close."

She pulled me towards the stage, dodging running girls, almost being deafened by a girl screaming her head off and being pushed and tossed around like a piece of paper. I didn't know concerts could get this hectic. A beat played and the crowd cheered.

After a few more moments, he was there standing in front of me. Just several meters away, close enough to touch but our lives so far from each other’s. He looked into the crowd and his eyes searched for something. They stopped at me. I could've recognized those gorgeous blue stars from anywhere and I knew they belonged to the boy that used to be mine. Zach Porter.

"Hey guys! Are you excited to be here?" he called out. The girls screamed. "Alright! The first song is called 'Hey Princess'. Hope you guys enjoy." Zach flashed a killer smile.

For the rest of the concert all I could do was just stare dreamingly after him. And after every song, my hands automatically clapped and hooted for the boy I loved. Did he remember me? I'm betting not. But I could still hope.

When 'Teenage Hearts' stopped playing, Zach paused and whispered into the microphone, "This one's called 'Amy' and I bet all you girls know what's gonna happen."

Many girls streaked their arms up waving it around like crazy. A few just stood there smiling at them. Some screamed, "Me! Me! Pick me, Zach!" I was the one who stayed quiet but my heart willed for me to try. He needed to know I was here.

A finger pointed my way. "You."

As soon as I went up on stage, he started asking questions. Questions he already knew the answer to. Either he absolutely had no idea who I was or he was pretending so that fans wouldn't go insane. Either way, I was disappointed. But I wouldn't blame him at all.

'The older that I get
The less that I regret
And baby, it's cause of you
Since the day we met
You know I won't forget
And baby, my Amy's true'

He looked right into my eyes. I could tell that he was trying to say something, through singing. I wished he could tell me right now.

'Oh Amy, A-A-Amy
You've changed my life
Oh Amy, A-A-Amy
You make everything alright

Now I've made up my mind
And I'll move mountains to be with you
I'm done taking my time
And in the end I always knew
Always kneeew!'

In the end of the song, I just stood there wanting to burst out. Zach's expression showed sadness and he stepped up to me. "To all my fans," he paused and took in all the girls waiting, "I love you all and thanks for coming. Hope you guys enjoyed, and I'll be back. But right now, I gotta do something."

He enveloped my body with his arms. All the fans cried out and whined. Even though I felt very guilty, I could never decline an embrace from this guy. "Zach, I didn't think you'd remember," I mumbled.

"How could I do that? I missed you." He slightly pulled away but only to kiss me. How I've missed those soft lips of his. The kiss didn't last for long but it didn't matter to me. He led me down the stairs towards the backstage. "I'm gonna explain everyt-"

I put a finger on his lips. "Later."

Zach grinned, making me want to melt. We ended up in a made up room with a few fans waiting patiently for the guys. He waved quickly at them then turned left. "Let's go get outta here," he laughed in my ear.

The doors opened wide for both of us. A strong flash of wind greeted us, I almost stumbled down. Good thing Zach was holding my waist. I leaned lovingly against my guy. How long has it been? Little drops of rain shot from the rumbling sky above. "Rain? Really?"

As soon as my complaint rushed from my lips, thunder crackled and the rain got heavier. The wind was now trying to blow us back into the concert venue. "Come on!" Zach yelled out then ran out into the pouring weather.

"You crazy?"

He chuckled. "Hey, I'm not the one ran after a guy you didn't even know and the-"

I pretended to be offended by that outburst of something form the past. I ran after him but he simply crept up behind me. "Argh!" I screamed as he swept me up in his arms carrying me into the rain. Wet, and cold but easily one of the best nights of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
:P