Surprise of My Life

1/1

I quickly slipped on a pair of skinny jeans, a white singlet, a necklace and my bands. There was never a day I would go without bands. The mirror showed a skinny girl, with black hair, a little dressed up. "Pamela!"

"Coming," I replied to my Mum. I didn't even know why I always agreed to come and be bored. Anytime one of my Mum's friends have a party, lunch or dinner together, I always came. Sometimes I'm forced to, and it is annoying.

It's about two hours into the so called party and I was so bored. All I had to entertain me were little kids running around, some boys playing games on the PS3 and my loved iPod. Too bad they didn't have Internet connection.

"Sweetie? Pam?" Aunt Myra asked me. I looked up at her. "Will you please get Zach? He's in his room."

I agreed and tried to find this guy's territory. Zach was Aunt Myra's son and we weren't close but we weren't enemies either. He's pretty nice, quiet and awkward. Okay he was absolutely adorable and cute too. "Zach?"

He didn't turn from his chair. I looked around his room: wasn't anything too special. Then I saw some notes scattered around a messy desk. 'Here With You'. I started to read it then suddenly a hand shot out from nowhere.

I quickly twirled to face him. "I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to, huh, touch anything."

He smiled. Oh god he is gorgeous. Those blue eyes didn't show anger so I relaxed. "What do you think?"

"Of the song?" He nodded."It's great and really sweet. Being in love with a poster is... normal." I nervously laughed. "Um your Mum sent me here to get you."

Zach nodded. Before anything gets even more awkward, I turned away and head to exit the room. A warm hand grabbed my arm. "Pamela?" He knew my name I squealed in my mind. "Can I jus- Um. This might be awkward but would you mind..." he trailed off lost with words.

I was afraid I knew what he's gonna say. "Zach I-" He cut me off with his lips. I've always wondered what his lips were like. Hey, don't think of me like that. It's not like I can help looking at the dudes lips. I'm scared that something might happen so I pulled away. "That was, um unexpected," I exclaimed.

* * *

The next few months came as a blur. I didn't even know how it happened. Zach was such a gentleman. A few weeks after that much anticipated kiss, we started to get a little serious. And now we've been dating for eight months. That must have been a record considering the shortest relationship can last for a day.

We sometimes went out for dinner, walk along the beach or park, watch movies or go on double dates with some friends. But we mostly just stayed at each others house and be total couch potatoes. My mum wasn't surprised by our sudden interest in each other, then after a while, I wondered if she set this whole thing up.

I didn't care anymore as long as I'm with Zach.

"Pamela, I don't think I can anymore," he mumbled while we were sitting alone in my room. "We can't be together anymore."

Those words hurt me much more than anyone can imagine. He left me standing there, no words coming out of my mouth and tears slowly streaming out of my dark eyes. How could he do that? Why didn't he explain why? Questions buzzed around in my mind but none that I could've asked him since he had started to ignore me.

Zach was so sweet and gentle, what had happened to us? The next day I had been laying on my bed feeling sorry for myself. I loved him. Hr made believe that being in love could actually be true. But I had always been a gullible girl and was fooled by almost anything. Even though, he might've cruelly dumped me, that didn't mean he didn't actually love me. "You have no idea how much I love you," he mumbled into my ear once.

No. I wouldn't let this get to me.

And I didn't. Much.

We got back together. I gave him a hell of a chance and he broke it. A girl kissed him then he said it was just a mistake and that he didn't respond. That soothed me, however he just had to ruin that by screaming at me.

My Mum told me never to talk to him again. Although Zach and I hated each other, Aunt Myra and Mum were still good friends. I respected her for that. After a few years I couldn't take it anymore and our so called relationship went on and off.

* * *

"Pamela! We're gonna be late," Mum calls out from the living room.

I quickly grab my two bags and look around the room. I haven't used this room since two years ago. The empty walls and floor remind me of how messy I used to be. The room in my dorm is the complete opposite but I don't need that anymore.

A frame sits on top of my chest drawer. Zach and I. No way am I gonna bring that thing. Pathetically, I admit I still am deeply in love with him ignoring the amount of times he has broken my heart. We remain good friends but he always looks like he wants to kiss me. Four years of bumpy feelings. I am now mature enough not to fall into those blue eyes again.

"Flight 240, now boarding." That's us. "Can Pamela Taye please come to the main information desk."

I stop. "What?" My parents wave for me to go.

As soon as I am about three meters from there, I freeze. The urge to turn back is there but the emotion of being here, right here overcomes me. "Zach?" I say.

"Pamela!" Those blue eyes reach mine and look so sad. "I'm sorry. Our first kiss, our first date. Those memories never leave me. When I left you. When you came back again. That was terrible and I wanted you back. This need was too much and I didn't think I could handle it."

Tears sting my eyes threatening to come out. "No Zach. Please, I-"

"That's why I had to leave. But I couldn't and thats what confused me. If I wanted you, why did I keep leaving?" The crowd around us sighed. "Now you're the one leaving and I'm not sure I can let you. This time I'm saying this and I promise I'm not leaving for anything. I love you."

"I love you too but how am I supposes to trust you again?" The crowd that had built up around us are sighing and 'aaaawe'ing.

Without answering he kneels down onto the ground. I take a step back surprised but he takes my hand. My breathing quickens and I panic. What is he gonna do? No way. He can't do that. Please not that. My pleads are ignored as usual and Zach is now clenching his hand.

"This is how." A ring is slowly put around my finger and I gasp. "Will you marry me?"

Thump thump. My heart beats faster as it tries to come up with an answer. Can I trust him? Will he break my heart again? Instead of replying I pull him up. Once our lips make contact, we both know what we want.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)