Status: Completed. Hope you like it!

Fate.

Chapter 2

I went straight back to my suite. I stepped into the bathroom. I glanced into the mirror and noticed I was smiling. I haven’t done that in months. I took a shower and went to bed.

The water rushed into my lungs as I tried my hardest to cry out for help. I woke with a start. My heart feels like it’s trying to escape from my chest. I wonder if I had screamed out this time. I sat up in bed. There was something different about this dream. I swear I could hear someone at the door trying to save me.

I look over at the clock. I sighed, it was 6:40. I turn on the bedroom light and roll out of bed. I have an appointment with a Realtor. Might as well get my day started. I settled on wearing my blue denim skinny jeans, my Dallas Cowboys Champs t-shirt and all white air force ones.

I went down for a little breakfast about 9:00. As soon as I stepped over the threshold I locked eyes with Curtis. He smiled and waved me over. I walked over to his table smiling the entire time of course. “Good morning.” “Good morning to you too.” He rubbed his hands together and checked me out. Wait was he checking my out or am I imagining it. “Nice shirt. Why don’t you sit down and grab some breakfast with me.” I sat down and the waitress approached quickly. She took my order although she didn't look at me not once. I chuckled a little at her behavior.

I noticed that Curtis’s eyes were trained on me. “What?” He just smiles at me. “So what’s on your agenda for the day?” “I decided to move here so my Realtor is taking me to look at some places. What about you?” “Studio all day. Can I text you later?” Recording must be restless work if he wants to text me. “Sure.”

“So what do you think about this place?” This was the sixth house that my Realtor had shown me. So far I hated everything. Something in each house reminded me of my house with Richard. “Well so far I haven’t found anything I don’t like but I also haven’t found anything I like.” “Okay so on to the next one.”

It took about half an hour to reach the next house. I step out onto the mostly quiet street. Some where close I can hear music playing. Something about it is familiar but I just shrug it off. Katie, my Realtor, opens the privacy gate. We walk up the drive way and into the house. I am touring the house alone when my generic ring tone goes off. It’s a text from an unknown number.

‘Hi.’ Is all it says. ‘Sorry whose this?’ ‘Your new beau. ;)’ ‘Hey Curtis how’s the studio?’ ‘Taking a break. Thinking about getting a bite to eat.’ I looked down at my watch and notice it’s after 6:00. ‘Oh my gosh, I just realized the time. Wow, I haven’t eaten since breakfast.’ ‘Me neither. How’s the house hunting going?’ ‘Well we’re at this place on Hollywood Avenue. It’s the seventh house I’ve seen. I think I like it.’ ‘That’s not far from where I am now. I got to go. Can I call you later?’ ‘Sure bye. ;)’

“So Mykaela, what do you think about this house.” Tracy asked as I descended the stairs. “I like this lets make an offer.” Tracy stood their for a moment in shock.

Two weeks later I’m running on the treadmill in the exercise room of the hotel. The owners of the house were taking their time considering my offer. I was a little stressed out. Which is the reason for the exercise. I ran the one minute mile three times already.

“Maybe you should take a break.” I smiled knowing whose voice that belonged to. I hit the stop button and step down. I hadn't heard from Curtis in about five days. I thought he moved on to the next girl.

“Hi there stranger. How are you?” He chuckled. My knees went weak for a moment but I stood my ground.

“I’m good. Just working a lot. Sorry, I didn't call.” I take a really good look at him now. He looks as if he hadn't had a goods night sleep in a while.

I grab my belongings and smiled at him. “That’s okay.” I walk out of the fitness center and headed for the elevator. He followed behind me. Everyone’s eyes were on us as we made out way through the hotel’s lobby.

“So have you heard back about the house yet?”

“No, still waiting.”

A month after I made the offer I had keys in hand. I hired a decorator, that Curtis recommended, to take care of everything. The end product was spectacular. Every room in the house was black and white with splashes of red.

I hired a party planner for a house warming barbecue. I made arrangements for my family from Texas to come. Everyone I knew received an invite and said they were coming.

The night before the party I was sitting in bed replying to some e-mails from my business partner. The television was on but I wasn't paying attention to it until ‘Does rapper 50 Cent have a new girl in his life?’. A picture of us outside a little café last week flew across the screen. Another one of us at the Porsche dealership replaced that one. ‘According to sources 50 Cent bought his new girlfriend a Cayenne Porsche’. Curtis told me that might happen. I smiled and just shook my head. Its so funny how the media always puts people together. We have been just hanging out. We have become good friends. He even took me car shopping three weeks ago.

Best Friend began to play through the speakers of my phone. I picked it up. It was a message. ‘You see E news?’ ‘Yeah. I wasn't surprised though. You already said that would happen.’ ‘You aren't upset?’ ‘Of course not. I think I look really good in the pictures. ;)’ ‘Me too. See you at the party tomorrow. Good night.’ ‘Goodnight. J’ I know its been a while since I have flirted with anyone but I think he was flirting with me. I finished my emails and went to sleep.

The party is in full swing. The house is crawling with family and friends. There are kids in the pool and the play room on video games. The sound of laughter is coming from every corner of my new house. A few of my girl cousins pull me to the side. “So is it true that your dating 50 Cent?” I sighed with a smile. “We are not dating. We’re just friends. You cant believe everything you see on television.” At the end of my statement there was a knock on the door leading to the garage. I already know who it is. I already had the don’t embarrass me talk with the whole family. They agreed although I’m not sure if they will keep that promise.

I open the door and am greeted with smiling faces. “Come on in guys.” I smile in return. In steps a couple of the members of G-Unit, D12, Eminem and Dr. Dre. Curtis was last to come in. We gave each other the usual hug. He smells so good like he always does. “How’s the party going?” “Great actually.” As if to prove my point a burst of laughter ran through out the house. I smiled and cocked my head to the side as if to say see what I mean.

Who ever was the closes to me cleared his throat. I looked over to see Dr. Dre smiling at us. “Sorry.” I muttered. “Oh my bad. This is Myk. Myk this is-” Before he could finish I spoke up. “Dre, Tony Yayo, Eminem, DJ Whoo Kid, Bizarre, Kon Artist, Kuniva, Deshaun, Swift and Lloyd Banks.” They were all smiling at me. “I thought you said that she didn’t listen to rap music.” Kuniva said. I looked at Curtis confused. “Why would you assume that?” “Well since I met you I have never heard you listen to any rap. Normally you listen to Maroon 5 or something.” I nodded my head in agreement. “You’re right. That’s because I didn’t know how you would feel listening to yourself or D12 or Dre.” “Oh so you’re a fan?” Tony Yayo asked. I nodded in response. I heard something upstairs hit the ground and shatter in a million pieces. I groaned. “Come on in and make your selves at home. There is plenty of food so eat up. Oh yeah and be careful.” They looked at me confused. “Some of my girls will try to get at you.”

I am three quarters of the way up the stairs. “Myk, there are people at your gate taking pictures.” I turned around to see flashes coming through the window. I started to head back down the stairs. “I got it, just take care of upstairs.” Curtis went for the windows.

When I finally made it up the stairs a picture of me was lying face down on the ground. I picked it up and leaned it against the wall. The picture looks as if someone tried to put their fist through it. I reach down to clean up the glass and was grabbed from behind. The person put a strong arm around my waist and a hand over my mouth. I immediately started to fight. I tried to scream out but the smell was sickening and the hall went black.

I’m back in my living room in Texas. Richard comes down the stairs. “I’m leaving you. I met someone else.” He turns to the door as it opens and Evan is standing there. They embrace and kiss each other lovingly. I stand there not saying a word. I have had this dream a thousands times but the way I felt was different. I didn't care if Richard left me. “Bye.” I say very proud of myself. Then I wished I hadn't said anything. Richard ran back for me. In the blink of an eye his fingers were wrapped around my throat.

Someone was screaming so loud it hurt my ears. I realized it was me when I opened my eyes. I was laying in the bathtub in my master suite. I tried to get up but his fingers were around my throat. I was pushed back under the water. I looked up and saw Richard’s psychotic face smiling down at me. I could hear someone calling for me. A crashing sound causes Richard to look back over his shoulder. I black out again as his face disappears.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well that's Ch 2. Hopefully someone likes it.