Sequel: Just for a Moment
Status: Complete, but being revised. Part Four is in progress ♥.

The Academy of the Elite

Audition

In my hands was the letter I had received from the school of my dreams. I kept rereading the second page of my invitation in disbelief as I waited for my turn to audition for the drama department. I still can't believe that I am here.

The Michael Jackson Academy:

1) Always wear your uniform to class. The school colors are red, blue, white and black. The uniform consists of these colors and these colors only. Students can only wear buttondown shirts, skirts that are knee-length, black, navy blue or red shoes. A sweater vest, blazer or tie optional. Black or dark blue pants for guys are mandatory. (Please note heels can not be higher than 3 inches.) Students may be out of uniform for their days off ONLY.

2) Students must always remain on campus unless they have permission to do otherwise.

3) No smoking, drinking or co-ed sleepovers are permitted on campus. (If you become married exceptions are made but the couple must apply for new sleeping arrangements.)

4) If you want to go out on weekends or during breaks, you must fill out a form first which needs to be approved by the head of your department. You should fill out the form a week in advance in order to give time for approval.

5) Classes are from 9 AM until 8 PM from Monday through Thursday. Fridays are the only day students have off during the week. They may use this day to study or utilize the school's facilities.

6) There is a strict three-strike policy at this school. If the student breaks any of the rules we have in place, they will receive a strike. After a third strike, the student will be removed from the campus and replaced with a new student later on in the year. This student removed will not be allowed to reapply for The Michael Jackson Academy.

7) A student must be in the top five of his/her major to receive a contract with the connections held by this academy. Other students will receive a degree and a letter of recommendation based on their performance on campus.

8) To limit gossip on campus all non-platonic relationships are to be announced by the headmaster.

9) You may only change majors once and that opportunity is presented at the end of your second year here. If you wish to make the change please note that the only major that cannot be switched into is Drama due to the high demand for the program.

10) All students must be present at the school’s campus-wide breakfast and dinner.

11) Lights out on campus at 12 AM. No exceptions.

12) There are no cell phones in class, in the hallways or in the campus libraries.

13) Each student will need to take a course in each major to broaden their artistic horizons. This is not optional.

This academy is not specific to age, it is simply based on talent. People over the age of 25 will be in a separate building from the students 15 to 25 years of age. (Anyone who is interested and under the age of 15, can be accepted into a journey program.) You will never see the others since this building is on a campus located five miles away. This program you desire to be in is a five-year program. This is the same for every major. If a student changes their major they will be starting from year one of that major. There is a three-part audition process for each major. The student must be present at all three parts to get into the school. If they are not in attendance their spot in the audition is forfeited. There will be a different judge for each section of your audition. This is to make sure that the student’s talent is seen by a variety of instructors. Each instructor has to give the student a pass for them to get in.

Majors: there are 20 students to each major on the campus you are applying for.

The Major options are Music, Dance, Drama, Art, Acrobatics, Culinary Arts, Photography, Writing, and Animal Care for Films and Circuses.

The total number of students enrolled in the school, on your campus of 15 to 25 years of age, is 180.

Auditions are held every two years. Only 5 scholarships are available and awarded during each audition period. Below are listed some of the amenities found on campus.

On Campus: (no fees, except for locations with a star by them)
*A mall
An amusement park
*A restaurant strip (some restaurants charge students)
Three libraries
A studio with equipment to record music and film movies
Art Galleries
A circus tent
A student lounge
Two pools
A fitness center
*An arcade
A game room
A social room (where student gatherings take place)
A Spa
A theater
A film room
A radio Station
*A YMCA
A museum in Tribute to the King of Pop himself
and coming soon an Aquarium and a Zoo

Some Famous names you may recognize:
Justin Timberlake: Head Master and part-time instructor for dance, music, and drama

Ciara: Dance Instructor

Pink: Acrobatics Instructor (this is what students will take, weekly, for the physical education requirement)

A student can choose to work at any of the stores at the mall. Also at any of the restaurants or the arcade. They will receive a paycheck for their work. Every scholarship student is automatically extended this privilege. Again, congratulations on receiving this opportunity, Miss Leon.

__________________________________________________________________________________

I slide the paper back into my bag. My sister kept telling me that I was crazy; trying out for drama was suicide. Drama is the only major at The Michael Jackson Academy that you are required to have 4 talents. I would have to nail dancing, writing, acting and singing in order to get in. I was already nervous about my audition and she isn't making it better. My hands shake as I sit in the waiting room of the student lounge. I am alone because my sister is at her own auditions for music. Her room is the most packed, teaming with blonde pop singing chicks and rocker looking guys. When I headed here I was shocked to find it virtually empty. Just me and another girl brave enough to try out for drama without trust funds.

She was called in, I was left alone sitting on this long red couch. I let my fingers trace the solid gold trims and sighed. To come to a place like this would be so amazing. I mean look at this couch, in this Victorian-style room; this couch alone costs $2,000! I keep my eyes on each intricate detail of the room when I hear my name echo in a familiar voice. I look in the direction and there stood the Headmaster, a warm smile on his face as I practically ran towards him.

“Today is your monologue session, do you have one memorized?” he asks me as he ushers me into the small office.

My voice trembles slightly, "Y-yes sir."

“Begin when you are ready.” He smiles again, letting me know to relax with his facial cues.

I took a deep breath and begun.

“I will be doing a monologue from Shakespeare’s Hamlet…
O what a rogue and peasant slave am I!
Is it not monstrous that this player here,
But in a fiction, in a dream of passion,
Could force his soul so to his own conceit
That, from her working, all his visage wann'd,
Tears in his eyes, distraction in's aspect,"

I moved across the floor, my feet taking me to the places Hamlet walked.

"A broken voice, and his whole function suiting
With forms to his conceit? And all for nothing!
For Hecuba!
What's Hecuba to him, or he to Hecuba,
That he should weep for her? What would he do,
Had he the motive and the cue for passion
That I have? He would drown the stage with tears
And cleave the general ear with horrid speech;
Make mad the guilty and appal the free,
Confound the ignorant, and amaze indeed
The very faculties of eyes and ears.
Yet I,"

I looked myself up and down in shock, in disgust. Letting my body tell the story of Hamlet's words.

"A dull and muddy-mettled rascal, peak
Like John-a-dreams, unpregnant of my cause,
And can say nothing! No, not for a king,
Upon whose property and most dear life
A damn'd defeat was made. Am I a coward?
Who calls me villain? breaks my pate across?
Plucks off my beard and blows it in my face?
Tweaks me by th' nose? gives me the lie i' th' throat
As deep as to the lungs? Who does me this, ha?

My ha echoed throughout the room bitterly, filling the ears of my audience.

“That’s good, you may stop there.” He smiles at me. “Please be here tomorrow for your second audition which will be dancing.”

Well, one down, two to go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its not the best but its just the opener, so hang in there please

-Hana ♥