Sequel: Just for a Moment
Status: Complete, but being revised. Part Four is in progress ♥.

The Academy of the Elite

By The Poolside

I can't believe that Lizzy and I get to be the first new students that get to perform at the showcase! WOOOOH. She already told me what songs she wanted to perform. I think they are pretty good choices to show off our musical talent and all. I kept talking about the performance the whole way to her room.

I watched from a distance as she went into her room before I ran across the hall into mine and changed into a bathing suit. I had it bought last year with the money I made with my summer job. It was a coral colored ruffle-top tankini, with a skirted bottom. I was in love with this bathing suit. The color popped against my skin and hugged my figure in just the right ways. I slip on my beach dress and put on my simple black thong flip flop sandals then picked up my phone to text Jack.

To Jack:
Hey, meet me at the pool in like 5 minutes.

I send the text and head back to my sister’s room.

"Hey, want to come to the pool with Jack and I?" I ask, knocking on the door nonstop.

"No, I'm going to relax for a little while," she said, opening the door.

"Oh..okay." I shrugged to myself.

"Oh hey, I'm going to the arcade with Vic tomorrow by the way," opening the door even wider,
"so can I borrow your cute blue halter top?"

She asked with a big smile. I don't even know why she was asking, she knew that she could go through my closet anytime she wanted. Then again, she didn't really like to use my clothes because of the way they fit her, but, I guess she was trying to look extra cute.

"Sure," I respond while walking back to my room. I grab a bag and put a towel, a water bottle and sunscreen into it. I place my sun glasses on and leave the room. "I'll see you later."

I shout across the hall.

I was headed to the pool when I bump into Kellin.

"Hey." He smiles.

"Ugh." I respond as I walked away.

"Hey wait!" He follows me. "So I heard that you and your sister get to perform for the show case, that's pretty awesome." He says, catching up to me.

"Where'd you hear that from? We practically just came from the meeting." I rolled my eyes at him, stalker.

"The posters are already up.." I give him a confused expression. "The head master prints them before hand. Then he asks the students to perform, and of course they would agree to do it. Who would say no to that?"

"Ahh." I kept staring straight ahead not wanting to look at him.

"So where are you going?" He chuckled.

"Um, none of your business, why don't you..
" I stop my sentence when I feel my phone vibrate.

From Jack:
Sure thing. :)

"I have to go, and you're taking up my time," I say, placing a hand on my hip.

He rolls his eyes. "Whatever, I'll see you around, jerk."

He jogs towards the dorms.

"No you won't, and that's my thing!" I shout at him.

I finally get to the pool, and boy was it beautiful. It was in indoor pool but the whole ceiling was glass to let the sunlight in. It was heated in here to feel like a hot summer day, I could already feel myself sweating. They had real palm trees around the outskirts of the pool. A mini bar set up like an underwater cave, serving ice cream floats, fries and soft drinks. There were waiters who would bring you whatever you asked from going to and from pool chairs, beds and hammocks. In the far end of the place there was volleyball net set up with some sand to have that nice beach scene. I scan around until I spot a massage hut and pool boys cleaning out a second pool. I set my stuff down on the nearest chair and slip my dress off. I don't bother to wait for Jack, I just jump straight into the pool. I feel the cool water rush against my skin and smile to myself. I come up to the surface and wipe my hair out of my face to see Jack standing over the edge.

"Hi there," He smiled. "How's the water?"

"It's great." I respond.

"It's not too cold? I hate cold water." He shakes his head and laughs. "Oh, and look who I brought. Your boyfriend."

He whispers before turning to face Max who is just arriving behind him. He turns back to me and waggled his brows. I watch as Max approaches us. Now, I don't usually drool over guys like this-oh who am I kidding, yes I do. And I will give credit, where credit is due. That boy is fine. I snap back to reality as he crouches next to Jack.

"So, you coming in or what?" He asks Jack smiling, and then jumps into the pool.

Its 6:15 pm when I decide that I would get back to my room to get ready for dinner. Max volunteered to walk me back since Jack ditched us half way through a game of marco polo to hang out with Vic and the Jerk. I agreed to him walking me since I wanted to show him off to Lizzy. We walk slowly towards the dorms, to kill time. I could tell he wanted to say something, but didn't know exactly what to say.

"So um, you're a dance major, right?" I decide to initiate the conversation.

"Yeah." He says sighing.

"I take that as a sign, that it’s a lot of work." I giggle.

"You have no idea." He chuckles, scratching his neck.

"So you know what that means right?" I waggle my brows at him.

"What?" He gives me a confused look.

"You have to bust out some moves for me one day." I laugh.

"Oh sure, I can do it now if you want." He looked at me, suddenly serious.

"Really?" I ask excitedly.

"Nope." He chuckles.

"Please?!?" I ask, stopping in front of my door.

"MMM, I don't know..." I give him a pouty face and he easily gives in. "Alright, alright, and fine. But you have to sing for me first." He says, crossing his arms.

"Deal, next time!" I say. "See you at dinner."

I close the door and head to shower.

After I bathe I throw on the first outfit I find and run to look for where Lizzy is sitting. When I walk through the doors the place was packed with staff and students but it was not hard to find Lizzy. She was sitting alone, with her head in her arms. I rush over towards her, ready to tell her all about flirting with Max and the awesome time I had at the pool. As I sat there and spoke, she picked at her food, taking only a small bite between glances at two tables. I couldn’t really tell who she was looking at but I saw Kellin smile at her and I wanted to punch him. I tried to stay in good spirits talking cheerful about my day between vigorous bites but Lizzy just wasn’t responding. She got up, telling me she didn’t feel so great and left ten minutes before dinner was over. I stared sadly at her as she walked through the door; I had no idea what was wrong.

When I walked to my room I caught sight of Vic hovering in front of Lizzy’s door. His hand posed to knock; instead he sighed in defeat and walked away. I climb into my bed and wonder what has my sister so shut off to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
WOOH! Show us some love