Sequel: Just for a Moment
Status: Complete, but being revised. Part Four is in progress ♥.

The Academy of the Elite

Ally's Threat

I walk through a misty field, and I look around to find that no one was around me. I sit in the dew-kissed grass and pick out the single flower that was beside me. I looked down to see I had a long black dress on - symbolic of mourning. Alright, what's going on here? I look up again and a figure was standing beside me. It was Max. He grabs my hand, and helps me to my feet. Then he suddenly gets an angered expression on his face and yells, but nothing comes out of his mouth. I yell back, then he vanishes.

I wake up, not feeling a bit of tiredness.

"That was weird." I whisper to myself.

I hop into the shower and decided to wash my hair while I'm at it. I dry off and use the blow dryer to tussle my hair up a bit, not drying it all the way. I put some black sweat pants on and slip on a purple over-the-head sweat shirt with a hood. It was one of my very favorites. I look at the time while tying the laces to my black vans: 7:36 AM. I guess I could go out for a jog before breakfast started in like half an hour. I head out of the dorm building and go to the track field. I run a few laps before I spot Vic siting on the bleachers. I sprint over to him and he notices me and waves.

"Hey, you uh, are you watching me?" I ask him while chuckling.

"No, I just woke up early today." He said, laughing along with me.
I take a spot next to him and just kind of sit there for a bit before he starts speaking again.
"I like to come here to sit and think." He said.

"So, what's got you out here today then?" I ask.

"Just...stuff." He says, lost in thought.

"Wow, deep." I reply.

"Sorry, I just, it's Lizzy man." He says, putting his hand over his face.

"Oooooh, you got the hots for my sister." I say, poking his ribs playfully and waggling my brows.

"Shut up." He said, putting his arms around me. "She's so..great. But she's so insecure, it's upsetting. I just want her to see herself the way I see her."

"Yeah, have fun with that." I pat him on his back and walk down the path to the cafeteria. He follows and plays with his hair.

"How do I get to her?"

"I'm sorry, I can't help you with that."

"Why not? You're her sister." He replies, sounding a bit irritated.

"Yes, I am. But she isn't really herself with guys, as I have told you before. So I wouldn't know how to help you. Plus I have been trying to get her see that she is a total babe for the past hundred years to no avail." I look to him and he has a disappointed expression on his face.

"This sucks." He laughs lightly. "But I'll get to her."

After breakfast, I decided to go back to my room and watch tv. Fun. When I get to my room I plop myself on the bed and surf the channels, until I land on SpongeBob, my personal favorite. I lay there thinking about nothing in particular. Hours pass by of me staring at pointless episodes of Spongebob. The tv soon fades into the background of my daydreams. Then I hear a knock on my door which causes my daydream to halt.

"What?" I groan. I felt so lazy today.

I open the door to find a neatly dressed Max.

"Hello." He says, looking me up and down. "You look uh.." He trails off.

"Effortless? Yeah, I know." I say, and go to sit back on the bed.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go see a movie with me or something?" I look up at him, expressionless.

"Okay." I smile. "But can I stay like this?" I ask, looking down at my outfit, "because you're dressed pretty well, but I really don't want to change."

I stare at him, not caring if he said yes or no, I was going to stay like this either way.

"Of course you can." He smiled at me and grabbed my hand. Oh, I like this. I can get used to this.

We were having a pointless conversation about food when we arrive to the media building. I walk over to the screening list while he gets us some popcorn and soda. Today's afternoon screening was The Incredibles, I love that movie.

"What's today's screening?" He asks walking towards me.

"The Incredibles." I smile, turning around.

"Lame," He drags on. "Let's do something else instead."

"What? That movie is awesome!" I say, instantly getting defensive but following him out anyway. "I remember I used to watch it all the time with Lizzy."

I smile to myself, remembering how we got to see it when it first came out in theaters. It was given to us as a reward for getting 90 averages in school.

"Speaking of your sister, what's the deal with her?" He questioned, changing the topic.

"What do you mean?" I ask, walking out of the building. I'll let his rude remark about the movie pass, but next time around, I'll watch it without him.

"Yesterday when she pulled you away from me, what was that about?" He asked trailing behind me.

"Well she was upset that I didn't show up when she asked me to."

"What are you talking about?"

"She had some boy issues at the arcade yesterday, okay? She just wanted my support and I wasn't there for her." I said getting impatient.

He laughed. "That's it? That's what you guys argued about?"

"Yes." I said curtly.

"But that's no reason for you to walk away angrily yesterday. So she's a slut, so wha-"

"Excuse me?" I cut him off, turning towards him.

"What?" He asked, sounding innocent.

"Did you just call Lizzy a slut?" My eye twitched.

"I mean yeah, you told me how she has been caught between Zac and Vic since she got here, jumping from one to the other."

I glare at him, then suddenly a bitter laugh escaped my mouth.

"Uh..you okay?" He asked looking worried. "I'm just saying, why can't she just handle her own prob-"

The impact of my hand against his face cut his sentence short.

"You don't know when to stop, do you?" He gulped as I stared at him.

I started to hear the chatter of students as they passed us. So I pulled him close to me and gritted my teeth.

"If you don't enjoy getting bricks hurled in your direction," I whispered furiously, "I suggest that you avoid me from now on."

And like that, I let go of his button-down collar and storm off. What a jerk! My sister is nowhere near being a slut. I hate him. I run to my room, I could already feel my eyes welling up with tears. I quickly jab my key into my door and slam it behind me, not caring to lock it. I strip of my clothes, then roll myself into a ball on the bed and cover myself with the blanket. I can't believe that just happened. Max, the guy who I thought I would actually have a decent relationship with, just ruined everything. I trembled with anger as someone knocked on my door.

"Go away." I grumble from underneath the cover. They knock again.

"I don't want to talk to you Max!" I shout, ripping the covers off of me.

"We'll good thing I'm not Max" Lizzy says while opening my door, allowing herself into my room.
She stares at me for a few seconds before noticing my red rimmed eyes, it was obvious I was crying.

"Jeez, what happened between you guys?" She asked her concern about me apparent in her voice.

She headed towards the bed and sat next to me. She laid my head on her lap and started to stroke my hair. Just like she did every time I was upset.

"He's a jerk. I hate him."

She looked at me shocked. "What happened?"

"We got into an argument about you and it kind of got ugly." I mumble through sobs.

"Humph, what about?" She asked, sounding a bit desperate.

I sit up and wipe my eyes. "He called you a slut, talking about the thing with Vic and Zac."

"Oh." She said, looking down.

"I didn't say anything bad about you, I just mentioned how I could tell you we're confused about them, and I guess he took it the wrong way." I said cautiously.

"No it's okay, I know you wouldn't say anything like that." She said looking back to me. I leaned my head on her shoulder and she hugged me.

"It'll be okay, he wasn't right for you."

I laugh, "Who is?"

She turns to me and smiles, "stop trying so hard, it doesn't hurt to be single for a while."

"Yeah..I think I'll just give my boy crazy side of me a much needed break." I giggle, both of us knowing it was a lie. "You're the best." I hug her.

"Oh by the way, Kellin said to meet up with him by the studio in like an hour."

"Ugh." I didn't want to talk to him at this time. "When did you even talk to him?" I ask curiously.

"We had lunch together." She said in a "duhh" kind if tone. I forgot, I totally skipped lunch.

"You're getting pretty fond of him, huh?"

"Yeah, he's the only guy who I talk to that doesn't like me." She laughs.

"True." I fall back on the bed and sprawl my body out. "He's really determined to get this song."

"Yup." She slaps my bare stomach and that's when I realize how hungry I was.

"I'm going to the cafe, I missed lunch." I head to the door when my sister clears her throat.

"Forgetting something?" She looks me up and down and I realize I wasn't wearing any clothes.

"Oh. Right." I blush out of embarrassment, I was seriously about to step out half naked.

I pull my clothes back on while Lizzy leaves the room. I leave a minute after her and lock the door.

I rush to the studio after leaving the cafe, I was 15 minutes late from the time that Kellin wanted me there. Wait a minute, why do I care? I slow down and take my time, remembering that he didn't require my tolerance. I spot him leaning against the studio building wall with the rest of his band along with him. Ugh, why did he need all of them to be there? I march up to him.

"Can't go anywhere without your entourage?" I mock.

He scoffs. "Yes I can, I just wanted them to be here. This is a band decision."

"Whatever." I roll my eyes. "And could you take your dumb sunglasses off? We're about to go inside."

"Psh, you just want to see my eyes." He takes them off and waves his sunglasses in my face. "Hold them for me, would you?"

He tosses them to me and I catch them for a second, then drop them to the floor before following him inside the studio.

"So uh, make this quick. You're ruining the good mood the sandwich that I consumed a while ago put me in." I smile thinking about it, I'm such a fat person at heart.

"Yeah ye- woah, you look horrible." He says, noticing my face.

"Thanks, I will cherish that compliment forever." I grin and roll my eyes.

"No really, you have some serious baggage under your eyes. Late night?" He asks, sounding genuinely concerned. I loosen up a bit.

"No, I had a fight with Max."

"Jack is going to kill him." He said under his breath.

"What was that?" I ask, pretending that I didn't hear what he just said.

"Nothing. Now, this song.." He says changing the topic. "How about you give it to me for free, and in return, you get to be my acquaintance." He smirks. Great. That one second of sincerity, gone. Just like that.

"No..I was thinking more along the lines of keeping my song and kicking you in the shin. But Lizzy wouldn't like that." I return the posh smile and he sighs.

"Cute." He calls one of his band members, Jesse, over to us. "Can you go record the song with her please?"

"Sure." He says, glancing at me once.

Well, I guess this is the start of my ghost writer career. Writing songs with Kellin, joy. I follow Jesse towards a studio to record my song, at least I hope, the rest of my day will be a good one.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you guys think :)