Sequel: Just for a Moment
Status: Complete, but being revised. Part Four is in progress ♥.

The Academy of the Elite

Aaliyah's first Encounter

What a crowd. There are over 50 people crammed in this room, and only one of the people in here will get accepted. The competition doesn't look all that bad though; just some average pop-radio girls and straight head-banging rocker guys. Ha, just the variety I predicted, this will be a piece of cake.

I wonder how Elizabeth is doing on her audition. She's probably stressing herself out like she always does about everything, not that blame her this time. This is the Michael freaking Jackson Academy; home of the country’s best arts programs, and my dream school. I can't believe I'm actually doing this! Just being here in this room, means that I am one step closer to everything I have ever dreamed of.

Some girl sequels into her phone, how is anyone supposed to practice with all of this noise? I roll my eyes. Since I keep having trouble practicing my song with all the commotion, I grab my guitar and head to an empty hallway. I have to get this song down before I am called in for my audition. I feel on edge, with some much going on in my head and all the memories I can't stop playing in my mind. I am glad I could get away from the chaos to try and calm down and focus on the music.

*"You've been on my mind; I grow fonder every day, lose myself in time, just dreaming of your face. God only knows, why it’s taking me so long to let my doubts go, you're the only one that I want. I don't know why I'm scared, cause I've been here before, every feeling every word, I've imagined it all. You'll never know if you never try to forgive your past and simply be mine. So I dare you to let me be your one and only. I promise I'm worth it, to hold in your arms so c'mon and give me the chance to prove I am the one who can walk that mile until the end starts."*

"Wow, that was..wow." Someone says, startling me.

"Oh uh, thanks." I look up from my guitar, smiling radiantly.

"No problem." He offers a smile back.

We just stare at each other for a second, taking in the other’s appearance. My eyes sweep over his face, he is very cute. I mean seriously cute. I bite my lip playfully. I wonder how many other cute guys go here. No, Ally, I think to myself, stay focused.

"Um, how did you find me?" I ask breaking the awkward silence that has fallen between us.

"Well if you wanted a private place to practice, you didn't do such a good job of finding one. This is" he opens his arms to show off the area, "an entire, and very public hallway, you know that right?"

“Thanks for stating the obvious.” I roll my eyes, feeling the irritation and nervous energy bubbling up. "I would have never figured that out without you."

"Easy Princess, I didn't mean any harm." He folds his arms against his chest and leans against the wall casually.

"Never call me Princess," I glare at him, grab my guitar case and storm down the hall.

I hate being called Princess, the nerve of that guy. Getting all friendly as if he knows me. UGH. Plus, I hate being told much of anything by people who don't even know my name for that matter. Telling me I can't sing in the hallway. I am so glad that he didn't say another word to me because I would have seriously flipped out on that guy.

“Aaliyah Leon, you are next.” I hear as I enter the room, just on time I see.

I step forward, my legs shaking from the thought of the audition and everything that it means. I walk briskly across the room and enter through the threshold. My eyes land on Pink, as in Pink, the superstar. I had no idea she was working here. Maybe it was in the letter I couldn't be bothered with reading, I mean come on it was like five pages. Lizzy probably knew she hasn't stopped reading that letter since it came in the mail. Come on, I shake off my tangent, gotta focus. Before I let the nerves get the best of me, I just started to sing. I felt confident as I walk out of the room after my audition.

Tomorrow, I get to show off my moves in the dance portion of the audition process. Of course, I am totally thrilled that it will be held in the same studio with the people trying out for drama. This means I get to be with Lizzy tomorrow and check out some of the hot dance major guys who go here. I twirl before I start to run down the hallway to see how my sister did.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hii I am co-authoring this story with my awesome sister.

I hope you enjoy :)