Sequel: Just for a Moment
Status: Complete, but being revised. Part Four is in progress ♥.

The Academy of the Elite

True Friends and an on Campus spa

I was excused from classes on Tuesday; JT had heard the whole story and thought I would need some time to cool down. I was pretty sure it was Vic who told him, thinking I could use some time off. He was right, because I was still angry when I woke up. Ally’s betrayal stung more than words could describe, but I was angrier at myself for hurting her and making a scene. I wanted to leave the academy and never come back, I wanted to vanish. I just wanted to cease to be. To add to the joy, I had a headache and I was sick to my stomach. I felt all around crappy.

I stayed in bed past noon, staring at the wall blankly, with no desire to do anything else. I just wanted to be left alone, to clear my head and think over the events that occurred since I have gotten to this place. Of course my friends had other plans. Kellin, Vic and Roxy walk into my room at around 12:20; I must have left the door unlocked last night. Or maybe one of them has a key? JT just might want them to keep an eye on me, I mean that makes sense. He would have my very best interest in mind, especially since I now represent this prestigious school. Kellin lays himself beside me, pulling my body into his. Vic punches him in the arm and Kellin moves so Vic takes his place. Roxy and Kellin sit at the foot of my bed.

“How are you feeling today dolcezza?” Roxy patted my foot and gave me a smile.

“I told every one of my friends almost all my secrets. I embarrassed myself and my sister very publicly, and now we are both hurt. I never wanted Ally to find out what happened to me. I wanted to protect her, I mean she is the only sister I have and yes we aren’t as close as we used to be but . . . I know that it’s partially my fault. I am so closed off, but I… I mean what do I talk about? I am painfully aware that everyone has been different towards me in my family since I went to the asylum. Unless you have been to a place that horrible, you don’t know what it’s like or how it changes you. See, even now I can’t shut up, what has induced this verbal vomit? This place is turning me into a chatty Kathy. So yeah I am not at my greatest right now Roxy.” I look at Vic; his brown eyes making some of my sadness melt away. “Vic, just leave me and get a nice normal girlfriend. One who isn’t a total nutcase.”

“Nah, I think I will stick with you.” He kissed my forehead. “I like a little crazy in my life.”

I was so happy to hear him say that, I snuggled into his chest. I felt myself smiling into his shirt. The rise and fall of his chest, like a soothing lullaby putting my inner demons to sleep. I wrapped my arms around his waist, pulling him closer to me. I lift my head and look back into his eyes.

“Good, because I need you Vic,” I put my head back on his body and take a deep breath so his scent fills my lungs. “Do you think you can help me fix things with Ally? I know I should wait for her to make the first move but Ally gets as depressed as I do. She will never snap out of it alone.”

“Maybe Max will help her out or her friend, that Naomi girl.” Roxy curls up on the other side of me. “I think you should give it some time. You both need to cool off and just process all the information you guys have just taken in. Hey,” she places her head on my shoulder, “JT gave us the afternoon off so we can cheer you up. Let’s go to the spa, they have a 24/7 staff. So it will be empty of students and we can get some major relaxation time. Plus we will be the center of all the attention, which will make the experience ten times better.”

“Ugh, I don’t like it but if it would help cheer you up beautiful, I’ll do it.” Kellin smiled at me.

“Do you want to baby? We can get a couple’s massage.” Vic took my hand and laced our fingers together.

Practically naked, in front of Kellin, Vic and Roxy, I am dying of embarrassment just thinking about it. I could use a good massage though. I wouldn’t mind some pampering either, since the most I have ever gotten was a manicure. I kept working over the pros and cons of a trip to the spa in my head. My friends tolerantly waited as I made my decision. Roxy went through my make-up bag, Kellin went through my IPod and Vic played with my hair. I felt my anger melting away, as well as my fears of nudity. The pros certainly out weight the cons, big time. I mean I could just stay in my underwear and walk around in the robe when not getting massaged. See? An easy solution.

“Let’s go guys, but first I have to, umm, get decent before we head out.”

I looked in the mirror; my hair was a frizzy mess. My face looked oily; I had red rimmed eyes from crying the whole night. I was sure my breath smelled gross since I haven’t brushed my teeth yet. I felt dirty and gross, yet my three friends didn’t say one word about my appearance or smell. I felt grateful towards them and completely embarrassed that my boyfriend just saw me look this bad. I ran into the bathroom and showered the nasty off, washed my hair. When I got out of the shower I brushed and flossed my teeth and rinsed my mouth. I slipped on sweat pants and a homemade band tee that said 'Sleeping With Sirens Rules'. Which I had made as a surprise for Kells and my boys from his band, to show my love and support. I put a beanie over my wet hair and left the bathroom with a half smile on my face.

“You look hot dolcezza! You can pull anything off and I am not just saying that. I would never lie about beauty, or fashion.” She pulled me into a tight hug. “Come on!”

“That is the greatest shirt ever.” Kellin hopped up excitedly, taking a picture on his phone and making that his lock screen.

“What about Pierce the Veil?” Vic pouted at me.

“I love those guys, the lead singer could use some work through.” I giggled and blew him a kiss as Roxy grabbed my hand.

Roxy eagerly dragged me through the eerily empty hallways to an equally empty campus. There was only the four of us walking about since everyone else was in classes. The spa wasn’t that far of a walk from the dorms, which I was grateful for. I was starting to feel drained of the energy I got from the little sleep that I managed to get last night. I walked into the glass doors of the spa building and my jaw dropped. This place was more beautiful than any spa I had ever seen, internet pictures of spas that is. It looked like I was transported to an ancient Greece bath house with a twist of Tuscany, Italy.

The grandeur of this place was breathtaking. Huge white pillars adorned the lobby, the ceiling is high with rounded curves making this place appear dome like. The tiles on the ceiling were in a simple pattern in the colors sky blue, mocha, olive green and off white. Silk drapes, imported from India, covered the arched doorways in place of solid doors. Huge cushioned day beds lined the waiting room, with candles all around, lavender in scent. I could see huge crystal clear pools of water in the rooms beyond. A single Phantom of the Opera chandelier hung in the center of the lobby’s ceiling. The folded robes looked like cotton clouds and made you want to be wrapped in one. My eyes wandered over the place unaware of the people around me.

The receptionist said a soft hello which pulled me out of my trance. Her huge green eyes sparkled with amusement which was followed by vocal laughter when she saw my awe filled facial expression. She tucked a piece of her stray golden hair behind her ear and smiled sweetly at me.

“It must be your first time here. If I am correct your name is Elizabeth Leon, drama major, freshmen. It’s my job to know all the students who attend here,” she responded to my confused facial expression. “I hear you have a bad case of the Michael Jackson Academy Madness. Don’t worry; it happens to everyone when they first get here. When Roxy first got here she ran out of her room in a banana suit yelling that this place was killing her. Vic locked himself in the closet for an entire weekend and refused to come out. Kellin smashed three guitars, which his parents then paid to replace, saving him from a strike. Everyone ends up here after their first week in this school. It’s like Academy tradition. I mean, this place can be very stressful and a huge change when you are used to living at home. I am an alumni, my name is Annie. I was a music major who didn’t land a big connection, hence why I work here. After not landing a contract I decided that I would stay here and relax the stressed students. So I got this job. Anyway as a student during my first week I flipped out and I destroyed the Headmaster’s office. I am still not sure how I wasn’t kicked out after that.” She shrugged her shoulders and gave me another smile. “Anyway enough talking, I will set you up for a full body massage, hot stone treatment, mud bath, mani/pedi, and facial. Then you and your boyfriend can end with a dip in the Jacuzzi with a complementary vegan dinner. Does that sound good to you?”

“Yes! It sounds absolutely amazing!” I felt excitement fill me as she sent us to lockers so we can get undressed and puts on our robes.

Roxy and I moved quickly, both excited to get crazy pampered. I have never experienced this kind of luxury before and nothing had even begun. The four of us sipped on cucumber water while we waited on the huge day beds set up in the waiting room. Vic climbed into my day bed and held me to him. I felt my body heat up in the robe, this was too intimate for me. I swallowed my scream and kept telling myself that this was okay, Vic wasn’t going to hurt me. He kissed my forehead and went off with the beautiful Russian masseuse into a room with Kellin. Roxy and I followed an equally beautiful woman into our room. Soft calming music filled the air, coupled with the sound of gentle running water, the perfect place to relax. In fact I fell asleep not long after they started my full body massage. The rest of the day was equally as heavenly.

They gave us a steady stream of Belgium chocolates, French cheeses and sparkling water. While getting my facial the staff also worked on my manicure and pedicure. Roxy and I shared stories from our childhood, and laughed at some of the jokes the hair stylist was telling. He was here to give me golden highlights, which Roxy asked for. She said every girl needs to have something new done to her hair at least twice a year. When I saw the results, I couldn’t agree more. For the first time in a very long time I felt pretty, like I could look in the mirror for longer than just a glimpse. I couldn’t wait until Vic got to see me. I was looking forward to being reunited with him after being pampered all day with Roxy.

When dinner time came, the staff gave me a fifties style bathing suit and did an updo on me. They said I had to look good for my boy; they did a light coating of makeup then sent me on my way. They showed me what I look like before I letting me leave. I was in awe that the girl in the mirror was me. I couldn't wait to see Vic's reaction to this. The Jacuzzi room was beautiful, no surprise there though. The walls were cement with no added dazzle, because the huge body of water in the center was all that was needed. Rose petals accompanied by candles covered the pathway to the water where Vic awaited me. I could see him nervously bite his lip as he waited for me to join him. I cleared my throat to get his attention. When he looked up as I approached, his jaw dropped. I felt a surge of confidence flow through me. I felt great.

“Lizzy, you look so breathtaking. I can’t even put into words how amazing you look. You are glowing with confidence too.”

I slipped into the water beside him, “of course I am. I don’t need anything of this to make me feel beautiful. You already do that.”

Then we were kissing, and once again I had to ignore the urges to run for the hills. This was Vic, I was safe. I was more than just safe, I was happy. We spent our evening together exchanging music stories, laughing at dumb jokes and expressing disgust at games like Call of Duty. He showed me his scars, and I showed him mine. We shared some laughs, which is nice but even more special cried together. Over past events that made us who we are, I felt so close to him. I felt like I had finally found something that could be mine and be healthy for me. As we ate dinner all I could think was, is this what being happy feels like? Is this what it is like to want to always be with someone? Could this be…?

“Babe?” Vic said putting his empty plate down.

“Yes.” I put my plate down and sat closer to him which allowed him to put his arm around my shoulder.

“I think I may be falling for you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Opinions = Love, so comment like crazy my fellow Mibbians! Please and Thank you!