Sequel: Just for a Moment
Status: Complete, but being revised. Part Four is in progress ♥.

The Academy of the Elite

The Top Five

I couldn’t believe the announcement that was made today at breakfast. I had made the top five, I knocked Kelly Christopher off and I was now in her place. She was not happy with this, I could tell because she wouldn't stop glaring at me. I felt a smile once again stretch across my face. Even as I sit in class right now, all that was said earlier was still floating through my head. As my drama teacher talks about the Hamlet skit, which Roxy will be doing today, I recall the headmaster’s words. I was sitting at the table with the usual crew, rushing through my food so that I wouldn’t be late for class. I had gotten up late but I didn’t want to go to class without eating when a bell rung out. It was the announcement bell, something so rarely used that even Roxy seemed shocked at the sound. There were two announcements to be made today.

The first one was that Jonny and Mike were being issued a warning. It was then explained that they wouldn’t be getting a strike since Jonny is a top student. A valuable asset to the school too, which means his parents are loaded with cash and send tons of it the school’s way. The headmaster said it had been a minor offense but another like it and a strike will be issued. A punishment was still issued though. The punishment was that Jonny was knocked down two spots to the third on the top five. You could tell he was pissed about it. That of course meant my boyfriend was second only to Kellin. I gave them both a big smile, but Kellin barely managed to smile back since things with Tally were still messy. In fact they were done. I felt so heartbroken for him; I kicked him under the table and grinned at him. He gave me a half-hearted smile and looked up at the headmaster.

That led to the real announcement, top students would be receiving a trip to a place where their profession would be practiced. For example, drama majors would spend a day on a set and get a chance to be an extra in the movie. This was only for the top five students. It was equivalent to the privilege received after graduation. This trip will be taking place during winter break. In fact this trip was to one of the companies who extended the paid internships after graduation. While he was listing off the top students for each major, I was not surprised to hear so many familiar names. My friends were very talented and dedicated. When I heard my own name, I beamed a huge grin at Vic. Roxy and I hugged each other, all smiles. Ally was wearing a huge grin since she too had made it onto the top five today. It was a very good start to the second semester. The headmaster then said today would be a half day, so that we can celebrate afterwards if we wish. Or study, we could do that too. Roxy and I immediately made plans to go to the winter festival at the amusement park today.

The drama teacher pulled my attention back to the task at hand with a stern look. I gave him a sweet smile and he immediately softened, he was such a sucker for his students. He went back to explaining the importance of feeling what the character feels, he twirls back to the board and starts writing. I jot down notes and I see Roxy making a face at me from her desk next to mine. I turned toward her and crossed my eyes, we both giggled. Over the past three months Roxy and I were rarely seen apart. She got very serious and focused during the school year, so much so that Jonny and she are on a long break. It’s been three weeks since they have been together. I guess that’s why he is acting up; nothing he is doing is getting her attention. He left roses at the front of her room. He wrote her notes and slipped them into her bag.

She never got rid of the stuff he gave her, she just didn't go back into his arms. I admired her for her focus, but I could tell that she missed him like crazy. She would look at the roses longingly, eyes filled with emotion. Then she would shake it off and go back to the task at hand. This morning when she heard the warning, I saw her flinch. I wanted her to find the balance so she and Jonny could start up again. I know that they loved each other, I guess she thought it also took up a lot of her time and energy. I felt the familiar worry creep up on me, maybe she had the right idea. I mean she was clearly a great thing for him and yet... I shook my head and I went back taking notes. Trying not to worry about my friends and their relationships.

Kellin is still a mess over Tally; in fact she called him last night to say she won’t be picking up where they left off. She said that they are over. He called me right after she hung up and asked me to come to him. I had to sneak out of my room to hang out with Kellin. He was really down but I had managed to make him smile. I yawned while packing up my bag; I could use a good nap after trying to be a good friend. He and I stayed up until three in the morning just talking. I pushed in my chair and Roxy linked her arm with mine as we headed out.

“I heard about Tally and Kellin." She pouted at me before continuing. "She was crying in the girl’s bathroom. She told me that it was a mistake ever thinking she could make it work with Kellin. She said when she went to make up with him last night she saw you two together. According to her you two were cuddled up looking too cozy to be just friends.” Roxy gave me a worried look. “She told Vic that she saw you with someone else last night.”

“What?! I can’t believe it! He is going to think it was Zac. I have to go and fix this; I will see you at the festival later.” I didn't even look back as I ran down the hall towards the music room.

The music majors had been let out late because they had a special hour session given by the headmaster. I pushed passed the dance majors, and the art kids. Max gave me a worried look as I plowed past him into the music room. Vic and Kellin were glaring at each other; I halted and wondered what had happened. Jack had his hand on Vic’s back and Tony was by Kellin. Ally was trying to get Vic to calm down.

“What is going on?” I walked into the room and stood in between them.

“Tally told me that you and Kellin were kissing last night.” Vic glared at me, a mixture of hurt and anger in his eyes.

“That’s a lie! Why would you believe that Vic?” I heard the hurt I felt seep out into my voice. “She is clearly lying, I would never do that to you and neither would Kellin. He is your very best friend and he needs you right now.”

“Does he? You seem to be enough for him! In fact I feel like you would rather spend time with him than me.” He turned away from me.

I walked up to him and grabbed his arm, pulling him away. “Guys I will take care of this." I look at him, "You and I will finish this in private.”

I ignored my empty stomach and pulled Vic to my room. I slammed the door and threw myself into the bed. I screamed into my pillow and then sat up facing Vic. He was staring at his feet; I could tell he was starting to feel guilt. He was allowing the heat of his emotions to carry him away, that was all. I gave him a half smile; I know I had been very busy with all I was doing. I really haven’t seen him much, I wasn’t avoiding him, I was just avoiding our constant arguing about the play and Zac. He sat at the foot of my bed, and took off his shoes. He crawled into bed next to me, I snuggled in his arms and kissed him on the cheek.

“Let’s not fight Vic; I am so tired of fighting. You didn’t really believe Tally, did you?” He wrapped his arms around my body.

“No, I don’t know what got into me. I guess I am sort of jealous of how much you love Kellin. Maybe I am jealous that you can say it to him and not me.” He kissed my forehead.

“Well he is just my friend, so it’s kind of different.” I laughed and flicked his forehead. “You better apologize to him; he isn’t in a good place right now. Tally broke his heart and I am working hard to keep yours intact. So stop being a big butt head.”

He pulled his phone out of his pocket and sent Kellin a text. A few minutes later, “We are good.”

It’s so easy for boys, if they were girls they would be going at it for days. I shook my head and turned on the TV for us to watch. We both fell asleep, which of course could have gotten us in trouble, but we didn’t get caught. When I opened my eyes, the television was on and some cheesy movie was playing. I looked at the time and my stomach growled. Two hours had passed, I shook Vic up and we went to a cart to eat lunch. We ate on the grass then I shooed him away so I can get ready for the festival. When I got to my room Tally was standing there with a scowl on her face.

“So you need to have Kellin and Vic.” She sneered at me as I rolled my eyes at her.

“Kellin and I are just friends Tally, and you know that.” I pushed past her and started to unlock my door.

“Don’t be so naïve Lizzy. You are Kellin’s favorite girl in the whole world. Stop thinking that you two are just friends.” Then she walked away leaving me in serious amounts of laughter.

How could she ever think that Kellin had a thing for me, he is Vic’s best friend. He would never even think such a thing because of how close they are. I opened my room door and ignored Tally’s dumb remarks, focused only on this much needed break from work. I decided to primp up for the winter fest, even doing my hair. I was excited to say the least. Tonight would be all about me having fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and let me know what you guys think. Its much appreciated