Sequel: Just for a Moment
Status: Complete, but being revised. Part Four is in progress ♥.

The Academy of the Elite

On Set

I woke up with a start in a night sweat. I sighed heavily, it was just a dream. I shake my head and grabbed my stuff to get dressed. It was hard to dress this early in the morning. I tried to shake the remains of the dream from my head. It was making things more difficult, especially with the added exhaustion. I yawned and hopped in the shower. I sleepily brushed my teeth, comb through my hair. I clumsy pulled my uniform on and opened my door for Roxy. She handed me a muffin and a tea. She sipped her coffee, and smiled weakly. Excitement still shined in her eyes, despite the exhaustion. She skipped to the Limo and pulled me in eagerly. I was squeezed between Zac and her.

I was jittery in the limo to the trip, Zac sat close to me, our knees touching. I thought of Vic, I thought of how I told him what I felt and he just left me. I thought of his lips, his hands, and the way he laughs. I thought of his soft hair, beanie, his Vans, the band and how much his silence hurts at work. I fought the tears and went back to staring out the window. Roxy, was texting Jonny who was on his music trip. I bit down hard on my lip to keep myself from focusing on that pain instead of the ache in my chest. Roxy looked up from her phone and saw the sadness in my eyes. She held my hand and gave me a sad smile. She had spent countless hours, in the days before today, telling me that Vic made a mistake that he will be back. She told me he was already regretting his decision, he just needed time. He just needs to figure out how to fix it. I just wish that he would hurry up. When our breakup was announced before break it made it so much more real. So much more painful.

I had also, told her about the about the kiss between Kellin and I. I had to tell someone, I mean it was making me feel so confused. She was shocked but not surprised, at least that was what she said. She reminded me that Kellin was just feeling vulnerable and he will be back to normal soon. We are both in a vulnerable place, with the elements pushing us together we were feeling pressured, that was all. Yes we loved each other, but as friends. We were just two confused people. Yesterday he texted me apologizing, said I was still his Lizzy and we are still the best of friends. That was the best news I had gotten all this week. I still I haven’t heard from Vic. He acts likes I am not there when we work, and at lunch he sits alone or with Tally. A whole three weeks have passed and not single word from him, not even a glance my way. I miss him so much. More than I even thought I would.

I place my head on Roxy’s shoulder and sigh. I don't want to think about him all the time. That's all that seems to be on my mind these days. Vic, Vic, Vic and more Vic. I have to try and enjoy this incredible opportunity to make a good impression. I am going to a movie set for Pete's sake! Its a preview of my dream life. I mean this is a once in a lifetime thing right? How many people can go to the place they dream of working at and work there for a day? I bit my lip and talk myself up. I am going to have a great day! I mean I don’t need Vic, right? I had a whole life before him! I will be just fine. Plus, I came to this school for my dreams, not for a boy. I will not let this breakup get in the way of that. I will not mess today up.

“Don’t worry Liza.” Zac patted my knee reassuringly, “it will all work out.”

I gave him a weak smile. I sure hope that he was right. I fall asleep on Roxy, my body craving sleep. I haven't been sleeping much since I am only having nightmares, again. They were always the same, my rapist would turn into Vic and he would tell me I am worthless. A big old pile of nothing, he would punch me, laugh and then leave. He would walk off hand in hand with Tally or Sonia some nights. Laughing as I would weep. Every night for the last three weeks I have had that dream. I barely sleep anymore. So when the time we had to leave was announced I was kind of happy to have a valid reason to be up at three in the morning. I mean I knew I would be up anyway. I woke up from my nap after about thirty minutes, hair a mess just like my uniform. I dressed myself in a rush, and with no effort. This is not how to make a good impression. I have to do something about this.

I sat up straight and smiled at Roxy; she seemed surprised at my sudden change. Maybe she even credited to my nap but I doubt. She knew how much today meant to me. She squeezed my hand and gave me a wicked grin. I saw in her eyes that she approved of whatever got into me. I stood up slouched over and tucked my white button down into my red skirt. I told the boys to turn around and Roxy glared at them for extra measure so I could tidy up some more. When they faced the other way, I pulled my thigh high socks, and adjusted my ballerina suede black flats. I applied some of Roxy’s clear lip gloss, and fixed my hair into two French braids. I pulled out some earrings I carried in my bag, simple gold hoops, and put them on. The boys then looked at me and smiled. I looked at Roxy and she nodded in approval. She opened the top buttons of my shirt and gave me a red ascot. I gave her a look to ask why she walked around with that, but she shook her head in a please-don’t-ask kind of way. So I allowed her to tie it around my neck and we smiled.

When we pulled up to the set, Zac helped me out of the car and my jaw dropped. We were on the set of the upcoming Batman/Superman movie. I watched as Christian Bale passed me by and almost died. These people were stars and I am in their midst. I mentally freaked out and made sure I remembered to tell Ally because she is a huge Batman fan. One of the many results of living in a house filled with boys. I gazed around the set with my eyes opened wide, trying to take in this whole experience. I felt a smile spread across my face; I felt jitters fill my stomach. A guy with a clipboard walked up to us with a strained smile, I mean it is six am. He rushed us over to make-up, explaining that we would be playing the people on the street. Then he assigned Zac and me to play a couple and my stomach twisted in knots. I knew that when Vic saw us he would be unhappy, well now he will know how I feel.

I sat in the makeup chair, where I had pounds of makeup added to my face. I didn't like makeup too much but it came with the job. The custom folks looked over my uniform and decided to leave it. Zac and I will be the cute school couple, holding hands and strolling until terror strikes. I watched him from the corner of my eye; he seemed so at ease here. Chatting with the stars and director, munching on an apple and laughing at all the right times. This was what he always wanted, just like me. Maybe I should have just… I sighed and focused on the work at hand. The producer explains the way his job works before the director came and explained what we had to do. Roxy will be the women Superman saves. Matt will be a photographer taking pictures of the whole attack situation. Eric would be working at a newsstand that gets knocked over by a truck. Zac and I will be holding hands, and being very couple like. He wanted real emotion he said. I bit my lip and nodded, Zac coolly pulled me onto the set.

My heart pounded with excitement. I was going to be in a scene in a movie! I glanced briefly at all the cameras on us and felt my smile widen. I was on a set for a movie, being an extra. I will be seen on the big screen even if it’s just briefly. I saw the agent for the studio and adjusted my sleeves; I had to play, even this small role, in a big way. I needed to show the agent I was passionate about every part that I play. I took a deep breath and let my instinct take over. No more Lizzy, I was Kathrine and Zac was my Christopher again. By the time the director called action, I was already in love with my Chris. I easily intertwined our fingers and rested my head against his shoulder. He turned around to face me.

So naturally, Kathy pulled him close to me and stared into his eyes like he was Chris, the one who I loved. My other half, my whole world. I let a smile slip into my face, and he neared me. He kissed me, the Lizzy part of me knew that he would, but I played my part. I placed my hand in his hair and returned the kiss. When he pulled away and looked at me, I giggled softly. Then we started to walk hand in hand down the sidewalk. We spoke about our future and the kids we would have. Then the director yelled cut, and we did it all over again. It had a different spin each time but Kathy's loved remained. This scene had to be filmed a few times, from a few angles. Plus all the takes because the stars got their lines wrong and Zac did not seem to mind. I loved laughing at the mess ups and getting to know the stars as people. My very favorite part was running away from the explosion in the scene. It was exhilarating! Zac threw himself over me to protect me from falling pieces of debris. Very couple, just like they wanted.

After a long day on set, I was beaming. Any trace of this morning’s sadness melted away. I kept a smile on my face on the way home. Roxy and I gushed about how amazing everything was in the limo. We couldn't stop talking about the scene we were in. She was thrilled she got to use a harness and do such a cool stunt. Falling off a building is pretty awesome. We both couldn't wait to see the final result in the movie. The director even hinted at maybe letting us go to the movie premiere. Zac sat next to me on the ride back; he was active in the conversation. Matt and Eric would even pipe in from time to time. It was just that amazing of an experience. When we got back to school Zac walked me to the door of my room and hugged me before he left. Roxy ran to her room to get pjs, and came back. She had decided to sleep over. We stayed up for a while just talking about our big screen debut. After we finally tired out, I fell asleep and for the first time in three weeks, I slept the whole night through.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and let us know us your thoughts :) Pretty Please! It makes us happy ♥ and motivates us