Sequel: Just for a Moment
Status: Complete, but being revised. Part Four is in progress ♥.

The Academy of the Elite

Self Expression

That dance audition was a total beating, and the instructor didn't play. She was hard on us; she kicked out 5 kids before we were even half way through the start of the audition! Well thankfully, Lizzy and I made it through, and the last part of the auditions is tomorrow. I have to write a song and perform it in front of the present students, as well as Mr. Timberlake. No biggie...well actually, maybe it is. Whatever, I know I'm going to kill it. I am glad that we are getting this tour too, so I can know this place well before I get in.

"So what do you like most about the school so far?" Vic asks.

"Hmm, oh, I really did like-Hey, who is that kid over there?" I ask, cutting off my last thought.

"Who, him over there?" He asks, pointing at a familiar beanie-wearing boy.

"Yeah. Quick biography. Now." I demand. "Please?" I smile, trying to soften my hostile tone.

"Uh, sure. His name is Kellin. He majors in music, the very top of his class, and this is his second year at the academy... Is that enough information for you?" He looks at me confused.

"Yup, thanks."

"Wow."

"What?" I turn to face him.

"Well girls don't usually pay attention to Kellin until at least the second week of school, but you, you're an early bloomer." He says, laughing lightly.

I scoff at the thought.

"Me? I'm not paying any mind to him."

"You're kind of staring at him." He says, making me realize that I was. "He has a girlfriend by the way."

"I don't care about that. He is a jerk who thinks he can just-"

"He's standing right over there, if you have something to say to him, just go."

"You know what? You're right. Let me go give him a piece of my mind. Do me a favor and tell Lizzy to meet me at the entrance in like fifteen." I tell him, knowing he won't take me leaving as a surprise.

"Sure, have fun." He grins and I walk off toward Kellin, what kind of name is that? As I approach him and his friend, Kellin's back was turned towards me.

"Hello." I interrupt whatever conversation they were having to draw their attention.

"Oh hey, you're the girl from the music audition the other day." Kellin smiles and turns to his friend. "This is Jack, And... I didn't get your name...”

"It's Aaliyah." I grit my teeth. We're not friends. Why is he introducing me to...Jack?

"And I'm Ke-"

"I know who you are!" I cut him off. I turn to Jack, "mind if I borrow your friend for a few seconds?"

"No problem." He says curtly.

He gives Kellin an unsure look, glances at me, then looks back at Kellin and smiles. What is with these people? I pull him to the side and ignore Jack's weird facial expressions.

"What's up?" He asks.

"What's up? What's up is that I found that encounter with you yesterday to be rude, and I'd like to get an apology." I say crossing my arms.

"An apology?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Yes an apology, as your future fellow classmate, I believe we shouldn't have a conflict before I even start in this school." He looks at me slightly amused.

"I didn't even do anything wrong. You're the one who was rude to me. So why don't you say sorry to me?" He says crossing his arms.

"Yeah, well that was only because you were being rude about me practicing in the hallway."

"I was not. Besides, what makes you think you're going to make it into this school?" He raises his eyebrow at me.

"Well, I'm pretty good. Good enough to make it to the last try out tomorrow afternoon in fact." I say straightening up.

"Trust me, I heard your voice the other day, it wasn't that great." He shot back, I could see the laughter in his eyes. Does he think we are playing a game or something?

"It wasn't that great?" I sneer. "Says the one who couldn't say anything but wow."

I storm off to go find Lizzy at the entrance. I refuse to take part in any more words with this guy. What a jerk. It wasn't that great? Humph, I'll show him tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ally sure is a hot head

K_K