Sequel: Just for a Moment
Status: Complete, but being revised. Part Four is in progress ♥.

The Academy of the Elite

Ally's Song

Today is the big day: I have to perform my original song in front of the music majors, joy. I mean don't get me wrong, I'm excited, but I'm nervous too. As I walk across campus leaving Lizzy behind my stomach ties in knots. I try to keep my confidence up but with Lizzy far behind it’s hard to do that. I quicken my pace so that I'm not late, since I know people hate it when I am late. I roll my eyes thinking of Lizzy. I step into the building and follow another kid to the room where the final audition will be at.

I take a deep breath before I walk into the classroom. I’m not looking forward to performing in front 17 strangers. I already met Vic and that dumb jerk Kelli - that should make it a bit easier. Especially since I have to show Kellin how good I am. I sigh in relief when I see that it's not as intimidating as I thought it would be. The room is full of just a bunch of regular people, none seem that impressive, at first glance anyway. They all had welcoming smiles, making me feel comfortable. I find a seat towards the back and waited for instructions.

"Good morning class." Mr. Timberlake says while walking into the room. He puts his briefcase down and sits on his desk. “I hope everyone is doing well. We have auditions today, so you music majors are in for a treat. With the added bonus of not having to do work.” He winks. "Okay," he says, clasping his hands together, "who's up first?"

His eyes wander across the room looking at his nineteen students and fifteen finalists.

"I think I heard this girl say that she wanted to go first," I hear someone say.

I look up and see everyone turned in their seat to face me. I nervously glance at everyone when my eyes land on Kellin's mischievous smile. Of course that jerk would say that, I will make him pay for this.

"Okay then Ms. Leon, let’s see what you got." Mr. Timberlake says, pointing me to the microphone.

I walk to the front, not before stumbling over somebody's book bag. I hear a small snicker throughout the classroom. I am sure that Kellin is behind this. I take my position in front of the mic and briefly scan over the classroom with hope that these will be my future classmates. I take a deep breath and erase everything from my mind. I close my eyes and start to sing. I know these words so well; I’ve sung them hundreds of times before.

"How did you ever pick me? Honestly, I could sing you a song, but I don't think words can express your beauty. It's singing to me. How did we end up like this? You bring out the best in me. I fell in love from the moment we met. Since then we've been my story.

They say that love is forever. Your forever is all that I need. Please stay as long as you need. Can't promise that things won't be broken, but I swear that I will never leave. Please stay forever with me.*"

"Thank you. I still have to hear the others out. Take a seat, Aaliyah." Mr. Timberlake says with a straight face.

My heart drops. I forgot about the fourteen others who I now have to sit through. I walk back to my seat, shooting Kellin a dirty look. He stares at me; he is clearly amazed. Ha! Not that great my left eye. I sit through 14 mediocre songs, all about love. Good thing I went first. They were all so poppy and upbeat, I wanted to puke. There is one girl, her voice is so beautiful but her song is so terrible. It had no flow, no rhythm, I felt sort of sorry for her when she was sent home. That’s when it dawns on me; I’m the only one left.

"Welcome Aaliyah, I expect you here Friday morning with any belongings you hold dear. I will have your room cleaned out by then. See you in two days." Mr. Timberlake walks out just as coolly as he walked in.

"Oh my gosh!" I jump up and down screaming.

I can't believe it, I actually got in! The students cheer at the good news and it makes me feel ten times better. I want to dance, but decide not to.

"Good job, kiddo. Welcome to MJ academy." I turn around to see Vic. He has a big smile on his face.

"Hey!" I shout happily at him and hug him.

He doesn't seem to mind because he hugs me right back. He picks me up and twirls me. I laugh, I‘m a student at Michael freaking Jackson Academy!

"Congrats, you proved me wrong." Vic puts me down and I break the embrace to see Kellin.

I roll my eyes, “thanks.”

“Ehh, don’t let it get to your head. Amazing song by the way." He says, turning his straight expression into a smile.

"This is freaking awesome!" I say ignoring his compliment. "I have to go find my sister!"

I run out of the room to find her, I am sure she’ll have good news for me too. I mean how could a pair like us not get into this school?
♠ ♠ ♠
*The song Aaliyah sings is "If I'm James Dean, Then You're Audrey Hepburn' BUT in this story sleeping with sirens is NOT famous yet. That makes it original in this world.

Comment please ♥