Status: experimentational

Love Like This

Daddy's Little Girl Knows How To Party

“Move it Dales.” John huffed as he shoved past me and into the house. I had been frozen in fear as I stared at the doorway I used to walk through every single day. John’s rough push nearly caused me to fall, if it hadn't been for Josh’s quick reflexes, I probably would have.

“Careful there, Sierra.” He said as he let go of me gently once I was on my feet again, his hand remained close to mine without touching, and when his fingers grazed my skin it sent chills down my spine.

“Thanks Josh.” I smiled and tucked a few strands of hair behind my ear. I tried to look away from him to avoid blushing, only to make eye contact with John who was making out with some random red head. I looked at him in disgust as he threw up the finger in my direction and I gladly reciprocated the gesture.

“Sierra Dales?” A familiar voice called my name, “I heard you were back in town!”

“I sure am, Parker.” I cringed as he pulled me into a hug. He smelled like alcohol, sweat, and weed... pretty much just like he did the entire time we had dated during school. I tried to suppress those memories as best I could, but it wasn't easy with his arms wrapped around me tightly.

“Come dance with me, we need to catch up.” He winked suggestively. I shuddered at the thought that I ever dated him. Parker was the ultimate douche bag. From his Lakers snapback, to his worn out wife beater shirt and those ridiculous sunglasses he wore inside, the guy just screamed "I'm a tool."

“I would, but…” I looked around desperately for a way to get out of having any more interactions with Parker when Josh saved the day.

“She’s with me, Pal.” Josh grabbed my hand and kissed my cheek, “Isn't that right babe?” He winked suggesting I go along with it.

“Yeah, I sure am.” I forced myself to giggle and placed my hands on Josh’s chest drawing lines with the tips of my fingers in an attempt to look flirtatious in front of Parker, “best four months of my life!”

“Well, that was certainly a downgrade.” Parker huffed as he looked Josh up and down skeptically, “Call me if you want to be with a real man again.”

Josh and I waited until he was far enough away before we both burst out into hysterics. “I can’t believe you dated that guy!” Josh managed to get out in between fits of laughter.

“Four years not well spent.” I shook my head and rolled my eyes, “He was Brian's friend first, otherwise I wouldn't even know him. It was a dark time for me okay?”

“Clearly.” Josh nudged me slightly before he took my hand in his again, “Let’s go get something to drink.” I followed behind him as he led me through the house. I smiled and nodded my head in acknowledgement of people I hadn't seen since graduation. Pushing my way past throngs of people just to keep up with Josh who seemed to be getting through the crowd easily. We got to the kitchen and Josh wriggled his eyebrows as he grabbed a bottle of vodka and two red solo cups. “Drink this.” Josh grinned as he handed me a frothy purple drink a few moments later. I looked down at it skeptically and smelled it, “Just drink it!” Josh laughed, “It’s my specialty.”

“Okay...” I said warily as I took a sip. It burned at first, but after that it really did taste delicious, “This is really good Josh!”

“I know how to make a pretty good cocktail, Sierra.” He winked and leaned on the island counter top across from me gazing lazily at me with a slight smirk apparent, “So how long are you in town for?”

“I’m not quite sure yet.” I shrugged as my hair fell into my face, “School starts back up in September, but that doesn't mean I will stay that long.”

“Brian and your mom would probably like it if you did stay.” Josh advocated, “They miss you a lot when you’re not around.”

“How would you know?” I laughed quietly, “You weren't even friends with Brian when I was living in Arizona.”

“True.” Josh nodded his head in agreement, “But you can just tell. The poor kid has been bouncing off the walls waiting for you to get here for weeks… He has been driving us all insane! But, in actuality they all have been looking forward to you getting here.”

“Sierra, quit being antisocial in the kitchen and come dance with me!” Jess yelled as she walked in and spotted us, “And Josh stop hogging Si! She's mine!”

Josh stuck out his tongue and laughed as Jess pulled me out of the room and over to where everyone was dancing in a large group. I followed Jess’s lead and began to grind on the person behind me. I looked up when their hands snaked around my waist and saw Josh smirking down at me. Over the music I could hear Brian screaming at Josh to stop immediately and keep his hands off his little sister, but that just made it even more fun.

I guess it wasn't that funny to everyone because only a few seconds later Stephen pushed and shoved his way over to us, almost knocking a drunk couple over and pulled me away. I pretended not to notice Stephen giving Josh a warning look before he led me outside to the pool in the backyard, but it definitely didn't go unnoticed.

“What’d you do that for Steph?” I giggled and poked his nose. The alcohol I had consumed- though it wasn't much, I was a lightweight- was starting to kick in, “I was having fun in there.”

“We just… haven’t had time to catch up yet!” He grinned as he handed me a beer from the cooler which I gladly accepted as I sat down and dipped my feet in the pool.

“That’s true.” I agreed, “But then again, we were never really ever that close. You were always closer with Brian than me.”

“We were close!” Stephen said defensively as he crossed his arms and sat down next to me. He was lying and we both knew it so I decided to take the opportunity to test him.

“What’s my middle name then?” I raised an eyebrow and stared at him waiting for some sort of answer.

“Amanda?” Stephen guessed. He tried to keep a straight face, but he laughed when he knew it was wrong.

“It’s Nicole.” John said sourly from behind us as he grabbed a beer out of the cooler.

“Yeah it is Nicole. How’d you know that though?” I asked as I stood up and got another beer since I had already finished my first one.

“Don’t be so dense, Sierra.” John rolled his eyes and scoffed loudly, “ I've known you since we were eight years old. It would probably be more weird if I didn't know your middle name after that long.”

“That's debatable, but I don't really care that much.” I sighed and took a long sip of my beer. I looked over to see John was staring at me, “What do you want Gomez?”

“Nothing.” He chuckled as he moved closer to me, making me slightly uneasy at his proximity, “You’re awfully thirsty there, Sierra.”

“So?” I asked getting slightly annoyed that we were still having a conversation. I took a step back and neared the edge of the pool once again. I looked down to make sure my feet weren't too close to the edge because I didn't want to accidentally slip and fall in.

“John, don’t!” I heard Stephen shout. I turned around to look at him, but suddenly I felt two hands around me as I was suddenly submerged in water. Quickly, I pushed myself to the surface and gasped for air.

“JOHN!” I screeched as I pushed my soaked hair out of my eyes. I wiped my face off and groaned as black streaks from my makeup showed up on my hands, “YOU’RE SUCH A DICK!” I looked around but didn't see him anywhere until he appeared in the water next to me, laughing like an idiot.

“Chill out Dales.” He smirked as he floated on his back in the water, “It’s not a party unless someone gets in the pool.”

“Well I certainly didn’t volunteer.” I spat as I climbed out of the side of the pool. I thanked Stephen as he handed me a towel and I wrapped it around my shoulders. I was shaking and at this point I couldn't tell if it was because I was cold or angry.

“Sierra, what happened?” Brian shouted as he ran out of the house with Jess and Josh following close behind, along with most of the people from the party.

“John thought it would be fun to make this a pool party.” I clicked my tongue angrily and wrung out my hair, “I think I’m about ready to call it a night.”

“We’re all too drunk to drive, Si.” Brian scowled as someone made a comment about a wet t shirt party since my bra was visible under my soaked shirt, "I wish we could take you home but you may just have to look upstairs for a shirt or something."

“I’ll walk you home.” Josh volunteered, “It’s not too far and it will give you time to dry off so you won't walk into the house dripping wet.”

“Thanks Jo-“ I began to say before Stephen cut me off.

“NO!” He shouted. We all looked at him with confused looks on our faces, and he blushed a little before a sinister grin formed on his lips, “John will take her.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't really like this chapter but it was sort of necessary for the way the story needs to go... Trust me it will get better (especially if you comment/subscribe).

- Sommer x