Status: experimentational

Love Like This

And Now I'm Seeing Stars

“You’re kidding me!” I laughed as we all pulled up to the old diner I spent most of my days in back in high school. I even worked there for two years. When I wasn't working, for whatever reason I was still there doing homework, hanging out with friends, it didn't really matter I was just there. “I thought this place would have been condemned by now.”

“It almost was, Si.” Brian told her as he turned off the engine and got out, “Do you remember Ashley Moore? She bought the place and fixed it up real nice.”

“It does look good.” I noted as I smiled at Josh who held the door open for me. I immediately spotted Jess waving me down as Stephen and John both sat there frowning. From what I remembered of Stephen, this was fairly normal for him. As for John, I knew part of his misery was probably due to my presence, but I tried to not let that bother me too much.

“What’s wrong with you two?” Josh asked the two brothers as he slid into the chair next to mine. They both looked at each other and scowled some more before looking in complete opposite directions.

“They got into a little argument on the ride here.” Jess informed us, “It was about-“

“It’s none of her business.” John spat as he glared at me before quickly looking out the window again. Jess smiled apologetically before she looked down at the menu in front of her again. We all sat there in awkward silence even after the waitress had brought us all food.

I sighed as I picked at my sandwich halfheartedly wishing I was anywhere but at this table. Finally, Brian cleared his throat and grinned, “I know what we’re going to do today.”

We all glanced up at him, but said nothing as he continued, “We’re going to the rock quarry.”

“I haven’t gone there since high school.” Stephen grunted as he wiped mustard off of his lip, “That actually sounds like fun.”

“We don’t have swimsuits.” I noted as everyone began pulling out their money to pay. As I reached for my purse, Josh grabbed my hand and smiled as he put down money for me as well. I blushed furiously staring into his eyes until I heard the loud scratching of a chair on linoleum as John got up and left the diner in a hurry.

Everyone just ignored John’s little tantrum as Jess spoke up, “Since when has no swimsuits ever stopped us before? We’ve all seen each other naked anyway.”

“I don’t want to see my sister naked!” Brian protested as he shut his eyes with a horrified look on his face, “Everyone keeps their underwear on at the quarry!”

“Fine by me.” I laughed as I stood up and followed the rest of them to their cars. John was leaning on Stephen’s car smoking a cigarette scowling like crazy.

“Sierra trade cars with me.” John demanded like a little child.

“Why would I do that?” I crossed my arms defensively as I looked between Josh and John who seemed to be having some sort of argument with only their eyes.

Because I don’t want to be in a car with Stephen, and I also don’t want to be in a car with you.” He snarled.

“Ugh, shut up John!” Jess shouted angrily, “Get over yourself. C’mon, Si, this will give us plenty of time to catch up on the way there.”

“Yeah!” Stephen grinned as he threw his arm over my shoulder and ushered me into his car. I watched as Brian, Josh and John all climbed into Brian’s car and drove off towards the quarry. Soon enough we were following behind them with Jess turning around to face me in the backseat.

“How’s it going Sierra?” Jess smiled, “I’m sorry if you haven’t felt very welcome since you’ve gotten here. We’ve been trying with John; it’s just not that easy.”

“I’m fine.” I sighed and smiled slightly to reinforce my words, “I stopped being bothered by John’s attitude a long time ago.” I rolled my eyes as Jess and I laughed.

“You and Josh seem to be getting along well.” I saw Stephen smirk in the rearview mirror and I tried to hide the blush on my face unsuccessfully.

“Yeah,” I laughed, “He’s really nice.”

“He’s a flirty little thing, isn’t he?” Jess chuckled and winked at me.

“I hadn’t really noticed.” I lied as I looked out the window at the desert raced all around me. I was relieved when we finally reached the quarry. The interrogation from Jess and Stephen kept getting worse as the car ride grew longer.

As soon as we parked the car, I watched Brian race out of the car, pulling his clothes off as he went and jumping off of the cliff. We all raced out calling Brian’s name, squealing and screaming as we went only to find Brian laughing at the bottom of a large pool of crystal clear water.

“My turn!” John shouted as he took off his shirt. I found myself staring as he stripped down. He was no longer the lanky boy I once knew; now he actually had muscles! I shook my head and looked away as he jumped off the cliff only to see Josh looking at me curiously.

“Want to jump in together?” He smiled once he walked over.

“Sure.” I grinned as I sat down on the ground and began to take my shoes and socks off. I stood up again and took off my shirt and shorts and Josh let out a long whistle.

“Damn, Sierra!” He smirked as he checked me out, “You look… amazing.”

“Thanks.” I laughed as I scanned over his body as well, “You don’t look too bad yourself.”

“Are you going to jump or just stand there all day?” Jess called up at us. I hadn’t even noticed her or Stephen jump in.

“WE’RE COMING!” Josh screamed as he grabbed my hand. We immediately ran forward and leaped into the water. I screamed the entire way down until the ice cold water broke our fall. I pushed my way to the surface and shook out my hair to see five faces grinning at me.

“I’ve missed this.” I admitted as I began to swim around.

“We all have too.” Stephen assured as he followed my lead.

We all laughed and played in the water for three straight hours until I finally needed to take a break. I swam over to one of the shores and lay down on the warm rocks closing my eyes. I heard someone else swim up and sit down next to me. I opened my eyes and squinted as my eyes readjusted to the sun to see John sitting there.

“Oh.” I muttered as I closed my eyes again.

“Expecting someone else?” John mused, “Little lover boy Joshy, maybe?”

“I was expecting anybody but you, actually.” I retorted as I sat up next to him once again. I noticed him staring at me and he looked out at the water quickly.

“Well then I’m sorry to disappoint.” He muttered.

We sat there in silence for a long time, and every once and a while I would sneak glances at him before I shook my head and watched the rest of the group all laughing and having a good time. Eventually it grew dark and Stephen and Brian went to go turn on the car headlights so we could see as Jess and Josh came and sat next to John and me.

“Did you have fun today?” Josh asked as he leaned in close to me.

“Loads of fun actually” I assured him as I leaned back and began to look at the stars. Josh followed suit and wrapped his arm around me and I leaned in close as I felt my heart rate increase. I wasn’t really sure yet, but I was beginning to like Josh a lot. Probably too much for Brian’s liking because as soon as he saw how close we were laying together he protested and forced John to sit in between us.

John smirked as both Josh and I frowned, disappointed that our little cuddling session had ended earlier than planned. “Aw, what’s wrong you two?” John asked, his voice dripping with sarcasm, “Little Bri get in the way of things?”

“Shut up, Gomez.” I scowled as I got up and sat down next to Stephen, “Stephen, I hate your brother.”
♠ ♠ ♠
The original chapter for this is much longer, but I decided to split it into two chapters because I haven't posted in a long time and also because of jennamcdougall's kind comment! I hope you enjoy it.

Please leave some comments! Feedback is appreciated. Also, what do you think John and Stephen were arguing about and what do you think about Josh and Sierra? Hmmmm..... Let me know!

Please comment, recommend and subscribe!

- Sommer x