Status: experimentational

Love Like This

Still Don't Know How I Feel About You Now

“You’re alive!” Brian shouted when I walked through the front door. I had just dropped off John and his mother was furious.

“I texted you.” I rolled my eyes as he followed me down the hallway, “What’s your deal?”

“Nothing.” Brian sang, “Nothing at all.”

“Okay, whatever Bri.” I sighed as I opened the door to my room. I groaned when I saw four people sleeping in my bed, “Out out out!” I yelled as I shoved Jess and Connor off the bed, “Stephen get out.”

“Do I get to stay?” Josh winked as he sat up.

“Not if you still smell like alcohol.” I laughed, “Out of the bed Josh.”

“But I showered.” He whined.

“Fine.” I bit my lip and giggled as I crawled under the covers next to him.

“No fair!” Stephen protested, “If he stays, I stay.”

“And if Steph stays, I stay.” Jess pouted.

“Go invade Brian’s bed.” I yawned as I closed my eyes. I felt Josh wrap his arms around me and I smiled softly, “His bed is bigger than mine anyway.”

“Alright, let’s go children.” Connor laughed as he dragged Stephen and Jess out of the room.

“How is John?” Josh whispered quietly as the door shut behind them.

“He’s going to be fine I’m sure.” I whispered back as I played with the ends of Josh’s still damp hair, “His leg is really broken though.”

In the dim light I could see Josh wince thinking about his friend, “He’s a tough guy, he’ll be fine. Goodnight Si.”

“Night Josh.” I said before I fell asleep in his arms.

---


“WHAT THE HELL?” I gasped for air as I pulled soaking wet covers off of me, “Brian!”

“Wake up!” He laughed as he held an empty bucket in his arms, “We need your help today.”

“You couldn’t just ask me like a normal person?” I screeched, “You had to pour freezing water all over me?”

“Where would the fun be in that little sis?” He winked, “Now get up, you have to go pick up John.”

“I hate you.” I said as he left. I quickly peeled off all my wet clothes and put on a dry t shirt and some shorts. I brushed out my wet hair and pulled it up into a bun and grabbed a pair of sandals.

“I’ll be back in a little bit.” I called out to whoever was around the house. I drove over to John’s and rang the doorbell to be greeted by his mother.

“Hello Sierra, I heard you were back in town!” She smiled, “How are you?”

“I’m doing well Mrs. Gomez.” I smiled, “How about you?”

“I’m doing alright. It’s tough raising those two boys.” She laughed, “John should be around any minute. He’s getting used to crutches. I hope he’s not giving you too much of a hard time, Sierra.” She smiled graciously, “He likes you a lot more than he acts like he does.”

“Enough of that mom.” John glared at her as he wobbled his way into the room, “Can we go now?”

“Uh, sure.” I smiled at Mrs. Gomez, “It was nice seeing you again.”

“Feel free to stop by anytime!” She waved as we got into the car, “Don’t be a stranger.”

“I want food.” John said as soon as we were driving down the road.

“We have food at my house just calm down.” I said as I turned onto the next street.

“No, I want IHOP.” John protested like a small child, “I have a hangover remember.”

“Well that’s too damn bad.” I rolled my eyes and continued driving.

“I’ll pay.” He raised an eyebrow at me. I wanted to say no, but IHOP did sound really good, and IHOP that I didn’t have to pay for sounded even better.

“Fine.” I caved as I turned into the IHOP parking lot, “We can’t take too long though.”

“Yay!” John exclaimed, “IHOP!”

“What can I get you two to eat?” The waitress asked us a few minutes after we sat down.

“Strawberry banana pancakes.” John and I said at the exact same time. We looked at each other and laughed as the waitress walked away.

“Wow, something we actually have in common.” I laughed.

“We have a lot in common.” John assured.

“Like what?” I challenged.

John shrugged and scratched his head as he thought, “We have the same friends, we have the same taste in music, do I need to go on?”

“That’s only two things.” I argued, “That’s not so much in common.”

“That’s just as much as you have in common with Josh.” John snapped.

“What does Josh have to do with any of this?” I questioned.

“Nothing.” John frowned as the waitress brought out our food, “Just forget about it.”

We ate our food in silence and the waitress only came around once more to leave the bill which John still paid for like he promised.

“We should get going; Brian is probably wondering what is taking so long.” I finally said breaking the silence.

“Yeah, we should.” John agreed as he stood up and left the restaurant. I watched him for a few minutes wondering what was going through his mind until he looked back at me and frowned.

“Are you coming?” He growled. I could tell he was annoyed so I wasn’t going to fight back.

“Yeah, sorry. I’ll be right there.” I frowned as I followed him out of the restaurant.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey long time no see! Sorry, I've been enjoying my summer and haven't really written anything and I know this is short but it's all I have time for right now. Thanks for all the comments! Please leave more of them! I have the sequel for this planned out already, but I am nowhere near done with this story so bear with me! Please comment / recommend / subscribe!

- Sommer x