Status: Currently, this story is being edited. I'm up to Chapter 29 as of AUG. 28TH. Re-reading it would be amazing of you.

I Don't Love You

Chapter 24

Frank's POV;

The huge crowds of people buzzed around me, whether it be in front or in back. Some eyed me carefully, taking in my attire and I watched them do the same to Alliyson. An entire family that must've been 'touring' the big city also came past, all of them wearing ty-dye t-shirts in yellow and purple.

Ew.

Alliyson grinned awkwardly as the youngest child waved at her and walked away with the family down the street. Alliyson walked to the curb of the street and kept waving around, as the people kept bustling around her, some not even noticing she was standing there.

I stood awkwardly next to her, ignoring the car horns, loud telephone conversations, and the loud roar of the buses. I watched Alliyson curiously.

"Babe, whatcha doin'?"

"Trying to hail a cab!" Alliyson told me, still waving around. Her eyes landed on me beside her and she smirked, adding. "You know, you could be helping me, teeny-butt."

"No," I snapped. "You just called me 'teeny-butt', I ain't helpin' your ass with shit."

"Fine!" She snapped and turned back to the busy street, still trying to catch the attention of a cab driver.

Honestly, I don't how she couldn't, she was waving around so obnoxiously.

I sighed and slid my arm around her small waist, curling it and pulled her close to me. I took my opposite hand and whistled very loudly as she continued waving, causing a cab driver to stop in front of us.

"And that's how we do it in Jersey," I claimed as I let go of her, holding the door open as she folded her arms, pouting at me. "Your cab awaits, m'lady."

"Hmph!" Alliyson quipped, storming into the cab in a mock-angry way. I climbed in after her and closed the door beside us, facing the back of the head of the cab driver.

The driver? He looked like a very large white guy, with long brown hair and a beard forming on his face. 'SARA' was tattooed on his neck, across the side I could see. He turned to face us after he heard the door close and smiled.

"Where to, guys?" He asked, turning his attention back to the road.

"226 on 36th Street," Alliyson replied quickly before turning to face me, another grin on her face.

"All righty," he replied, pulling the taxi into the street began our drive.

I watched Alliyson pull out her Sidekick and check the front screen, before putting it back in her pocket. She also adjusted her hood some more and looked down at her nails before her eyes connected with mine.

Is it weird that I always seemed to be staring at her?

"What?" She asked, scrunching her face up in confusion. "Whatcha lookin' at?"

Great, now she'd caught me. I was probably not gonna be able to live this down.

The cab driver snickered and my eyes snapped to the back of his head for a second.

"Nothing Alliyson," I replied, stuffing my hands into my pockets and leaning back on the old, worn blue seats.

But she just shrugged and turned her attention back to the busy streets of New York City. After a couple more minutes, we pulled up to the front of an apartment building, which is where I guessed Sahina lived.

Alliyson paid the cab driver and we both stepped out of the vehicle onto the curb. I looked up at the building before me, it didn't look like an apartment building. Actually, it looked more like a fancy ass hotel for rich people but Alliyson stormed inside anyway, going through the spinning doors into the lobby. I followed.

The lobby was a slightly off cream color with a black tiled floor and a huge desk in the middle of the room, with the numbers 226 in gold written above it. Everything in the room looked dainty and clean, I observed, as Alliyson walked with me to the elevator, which was opposite this huge painting of a horse.

Yes ladies and gentleman, a fucking horse.

I frowned at it and walked into the elevator anyway, the doors closing behind me as I stood at one corner of the elevator, Alliyson at the other.

She was on her Sidekick again, and she frowned down at it, "Camera? I didn't ask for the fuckin' camera..."

But then her eyes met mine and she held the phone up, clearly taking a picture of me.

"Hey!" I cried. "I wasn't ready..."

"Aw," Alliyson said, fake pouting. "Poor baby. Here, get ready and I'll take another..."

I made a fake modeling pose, and Alliyson took yet another picture of me. She then crossed over to me as the lights over head said we were on the 3rd floor, and stood beside me, holding the phone up.

"Say cheese!" She giggled, and I hugged her close as she gave the phone a peace sign.

We took a couple more pictures, all varying between us both doing silly things. Ranging from Alliyson kissing me on the cheek, to me doing the same, to fake orgasm pictures, to us just smiling and looking normal.

The elevator finally signaled that we had arrived at our destination, the 10th floor. We both filed out of the elevator and I followed Alliyson down a long hallway and around a corner, hand in hand, until we stopped at a door. With the markings 1024 on the front, Alliyson rang the doorbell.

I chose to knock on the door.

Alliyson turned to make a comment, something I suspected was gonna be a smart one when she stopped abruptly and looked at me.

"What?" I questioned.

"You know..." She began. "You have the most beautiful eyes ever."

Before I could say anything in response, the door swung open and Sahina's familiar face appeared.