Reset

I am a person seen from a distance.

June 15th 2012 Salt Lake City, Utah.

Lana Harley is a tornado of energy when I meet her on the first morning of Warped Tour. People openly watch her as she walks through the bustling around of workers and bands all getting ready for the first shows which will take place tomorrow afternoon. She seems to attract everyone's attention while being blissfully unaware of it.

Austin smiled at the image on the screen of his laptop. The red haired beauty had been causing a stir in the music industry for the last couple of years and he was finally on tour with her.

"We're gonna be late for the signing," Alan moaned as he made his way to the back of the bus to were Austin had set up camp for the afternoon. Sticking his head in-between Austin's and the laptop he grinned, sitting down beside his band mate he playfully shoved his shoulder. "You have to stop perving over her"

"I'm not perving" Austin mumbled, trying the impossible move of getting away from Alan on the small couch. "I'm just reading up on the bands that are on Warped"

"Please," Alan scoffed laughing softly. "If you're this hopeless now, i can't wait to see what you're like when you actually meet her"

"This is our first big tour in America, so we're all really excited" Lana chatters away excitedly as we reach the Face Yourself's tour bus. Noticeably smaller than most of the other buses filling the docking station but by far the nosiest. "Just even being allowed on a tour this big with bands we look up to is mental"

Upon entering the bus we are met with the rest of the vocalists band; guitarist Campbell Fraser, bass player Mattie Benton and drummer Ryan Boyd, who all try to make me as comfortable as possible in the cramped conditions offering up endless amounts of tea. The Scottish foursome are exactly as you would expect them to be; loud and overly welcoming.


"Seriously though," Alan stood from the couch, closing the laptop over much to Austin's annoyance, and stretched out his body. Austin threw his empty coke can at Alan before peeling himself from his seat and following.

The odd looking pair made their way through the crowded field, managing to stick out like a sore thumb against the similarly dressed and heavily tattooed sea of people. Austin being incredibly tall and skinny, Alan's hair as red as the sun, both chatting away excitedly at what tour was going to be like.

One minute he was ruffling Alan's hair and the next he was lying face down on the grass, his sunglasses flying off in an unknown direction, his long limbs spread out everywhere. He let out a long, loud groan as he rolled over onto his back, his face contorting in all sorts of ways.

"Fuck, I'm so sorry!" Austin opened his eyes slowly listening to the strong Scottish accent rambling apologise. He screwed up his face slightly as his lungs struggled to work without searing with pain, before recognizing the soft features of the female face in front of his. Her hair hanging over her shoulders tickling his chest and shoulders, deep blue eyes searching his face full of concern. "Are you alright?"

Hi," Austin mumbled before shutting his eyes, praying internally that she didn't hear him.

"Hi," a sweet giggling laughter confirming his fears. "I'm so sorry. I'm always in everyone's way, I didn't even think anyone was behind me"

"He's just being a moron today,"Alan laughed as he helped Austin up off the ground before turning back to face the small woman and offering out his hand."I'm Alan"

"Lana," The pair shook hands, sharing matching smiles before turning to face Austin waiting for his introduction.

"Shit my sunglasses" Austin sighed wandering over to wear he had spotted them lying on the ground and reached down to pick up the broken item unaware Lana had been following him.

Alan watched the whole train wreak of events from start to finish in what felt like slow motion. His stomach lurched at the cracking sound of bone when Austin's head collided with Lana's, before their previous roles where reversed to Austin fussing over the petite redhead.

"I'm fine honestly," Lana smiled at the two men, her eye already stating to swell slightly, as she stood with Austin's help before brushing off her top and shorts of dust. "And I promise I'll get you some new specs"

"Are you kidding on?" Alan laughed ignoring Austin's desperate looks begging him silently not to say anything embarrassing. "I'm pretty sure he's got more sunglasses than clothes packed on the bus"
Austin groaned, smiling sheepishly over at Lana's beaming face. He had never been this uncoordinated in front of a female before. Never felt so nervous.
"I can't believe this is how I met you guys" Lana rolled her eyes. She should have know she would have done something stupid. "Can I buy you guy's lunch to try and redeem myself? I promise I'm not usually this ridiculous"

The boys were slightly taken back by the offer. Neither of the two had ever had a female willingly pay for a meal for them. Never mind one the both held in such high regards.
"We're actually really busy toda.."

"Of course you are!" Lana cut Alan off before he could even register finishing his sentence. Both boys frowning at each other as she mumbled on. She felt stupid for not realizing that one of the biggest bands on tour would be too busy to spend time with her. Only just wondering why she even thought they would want to. "I'm sorry, I forgot you guys are such a huge deal on Warped. It's our first year so I'm still not sure how everything works or...,"

"Hey don't be silly," Alan interrupted her rambling, frightened that Austin never would. He stole a quick glance at his friend, he wasn't used to seeing Austin so awkward. "We'd love to have lunch with you, wouldn't we?" His elbow to Austin's stomach cause him to smile and nod excitedly in agreement. "But seeing as you're defiantly getting a black eye because of this idiot why don't you let us buy you dinner tomorrow night after our sets?"

"Deal" Lana's cheeks held a tint of red after realising how loud she had shouted. Austin's heart warming at the sight.

The trio shared a few more minutes of conversation before exchanging numbers and a rough idea of a plan for the following evening, both Lana and Austin mentally kicking themselves at how the had handled the situation of meeting the only person they were both nervous about touring with. Both the lead's having more insecurity's in common than they knew.

"I have never seen you so smooth before," Alan laughed at Austin as they continued on their way across the field. "Please tell me there will be more comedy gold tomorrow"

Austin almost never heard Alan's cackling beside him as he thought over everything that had just happened. He couldn't understand what had come over him and he was determined not to let it happen again.

"Idiot"
♠ ♠ ♠
This is how I imagine Lana http://weheartit.com/entry/57451363/via/sky_dream#

Anyway, first time I've written something with Of Mice and Men in it. Even though it's started a bit slow I promise it will get better.
Thanks for giving it a wee read.