Reset

Poetic whispers of romance.

June 16th 2012, Salt Lake City, Utah.

One thing's for sure; the only female gracing any of the stages at Warped Tour with her presence is certainly causing a stir.

Anywhere you wander through the crowds of people, wither it be amongst the endless amounts of fans or crews for the show, it seems that everyone has an opinion of what is fast becoming the most talked about band on tour.

"It's a bit mental" Campbell Fraser more yells than speaks across the picnic table set up beside the sea of buses by the catering team. "Who'da thought a wee band like us would be so welcomed somewhere so far from home?"

Face Yourself's fan base in American has exploded and grown in tremendous proportions since their first tour back in 2009. A fact that the band as a whole still seem to be having a hard time coming to terms with.

"S'funny," Mattie Benton mumbles through a mouthful of breakfast sandwich, making his already thick accent almost impossible to decipher. "All our English pals that have made it big over here have had it easy. They just talk and you guys swoon/ We had to work for it!"

The whole band share a laugh, a private joke amongst their small family. Lana reaches over to the bass player to wipe ketchup from his face.

"Not as if anyone understands us anyway" Lana smiles her teenage heart-breaking smile. It's hard to see where the slaughter of internet abuse has came from.

"It was an accident," Lana huffs, irritation apparent in her voice, when I ask about the photo that emerged on the internet of her and Austin Carlile. "We bumped heads and he was helping me up. It's funny how we only met yesterday but we've been having this secret relationship for years"

"That's the best thing about La!" Mattie reaches over and pulls her into his side. "She attracts the best stories"

The band continue their breakfast in the ruck-as they started in. One things for sure; wither or not the rumours surrounding the internet are true or not, it doesn't seem to effect the band.


"If it was a cat I'd like you more!"

Austin watched starry eyed, with a Cheshire cat smile etched onto his face as Lana pouted, throwing a few of Campbell's fries at Alan's face.

Of Mice and Men and Face Yourself were squashed into two small tables in a roadside cafe that they had stumbled upon not too far from the days venue.

Conversation had run smoothly turning from how both bands sets had gone (which had not been necessary; both bands had watched others sets) to Lana's raccoon phone cover.

"You're no longer my friend!"

"Who's gonna protect you from this clutz then?" Alan grinned, nudging Austin's side making him choke on his coke. He smiled meekly across the table from her, his heart sinking slightly at the bruise around her eye where he had head butted her.

"I'm a big girl Alan, I can look after myself" sticking her tongue out at him she went back to picking at the burger on her plate.

Austin had spent the majority of the meal trying not to get caught stealing glances at the other singer. No one sure what had gotten into him, least of all him. He had never had a problem being around attractive females before.

"See you've made twitter go crazy?!" Campbell asked excitedly as he threw his phone across the table to Austin. "Just don't gee her any more bruise"

Austin smiled softly as the two Glaswegians laughed before he took notice of the phone. His brow furrowed as he read over the countless notes attached to a photo of himself holding Lana's face as he worriedly checked over her. A simple accident be taken out of context.

"How did this happen?" Austin mumbled, skimming through the notes. Almost all of them mentioned something about them dating.

"People just like to make stuff up. You should know that superstar" Lana smiled softly over at him making his heart melt.

Austin wasn't sure if he'd make it through the tour.
♠ ♠ ♠
This has taken so long and it's a proper filler.
Sorry. But I'll have another up later on to make up for it.
Thanks for the feed back
<3