Reset

Mayday, I'm in trouble, send somebody on the double.

June 27 2012, Chula Vista, California.

"Are you ever going to put your phone down?" Alan questioned walking beside Austin. He had grown tired of his friends new inability to go more than ten minutes without checking the electronic device.

"Maybe not"

The pair where making their way back to the bus depot after having spent the morning with most of the other bands on tour doing sound checks and helping set up for their sets throughout the day.

"Sorry," Alan smiled up at Austin when he put his phone back into his pocket. "I'm still waiting for Lana to get back to me about lunch"

"You need to chill out dude, it's just lunch. She's probably hungover from last night" Alan laughed at the memory.

Of Mice and Men had held a small gathering of bands on their bus the previous night. One that was supposed to included a few drinks and some computer games but nothing ever goes right when Alan's in charge of planning. Thing's got messy faster than usual, Pierce the Veil being the main reason with their insistence of drinking games. The biggest surprise of the night being how little alcohol the Scotswoman could consume.

Austin frowned, his mind racing with worry. Since the start of tour the longest Lana had never taken to message him back on any media site or just a txt had been ten minutes at most. Today she had been pushing the three hour mark and with every minute passing by his imagination was quickly thinking up a million things that could have happened to her. Maybe he was in over his head.

"Austin!" Jumping at the sound of Alan's shouting, Austin stopped abruptly in the middle of the corridor causing someone to walk into the back of him. "Look if you're going to be like this until she txt you back we can go over and see her"

"Sorry," Austin mumbled. He wasn't sure what had gotten into him. He was sick to his stomach with worry and couldn't concentrate on anything.

The pair walked through the maze of buses searching for the petite blond and the rest of her band. It had, up until that point at least, been an easy task as you could always hear them before seeing them. The group easily being the loudest on tour. Their thick accents being the easiest to pick out of the crowd.

Rounding the corner at their own bus Austin walked into something winding himself causing him to double over trying to catch his breath, phone and sunglasses falling to the floor.

"You two seriously need to start watching were you's are walking!" Alan laughed softly offering his hand to Lana who was sprawled out across the floor.

Austin managed to straighten himself out in time to see Alan pull Lana up effortlessly to her feet. His breath hitched in his throat when he looked her over her body, hair pulled up in a messy bun, face covered up with enormous heart shaped sunglasses, her black lace bra shining through her white crop top and tiny blue shorts. He wasn't sure where he could look. Where he should look.

"Where have you's been? I've been looking everywhere!" Lana shouted wincing and holding her head once she had finished speaking.

"Looking for you" Alan smiled "How are you feeling?"

"You're funny!" Lana laughed sarcasticly at him. "I lost my phone and passes and your bus is the last place I've got any hope of finding them"

Austin relaxed a little thankful that she wasn't just ignoring him. He had been nothing but a perfect gentleman towards her, even giving her a piggy back back to her bus the previous night while she snag drunken songs in his ear. Maybe he was to nice. For her at least.

"As much as I'd love to play treasure hunt with you I'm hungry, Austin will help" Alan spoke louder the further he walked away from the pair heading back towards the venue.

"Well...looks like you're stuck with me again"

Austin smiled down at Lana. He could think of worse ways to spend his day.

******

Your Burning Questions with Lana Harely of Face Yourself.

If you weren't in a band, what would you be doing with your life?


Probably something creative. Maybe something to do with writing.

What's your most essential tour item?

Baby wipes and foundation. Oh and suntan lotion, I don't usually burn but you never know!

Best road food?

Everything. Even if it's shit food it's still sorta good. Basically if you put food in front of me and it doesn't look like I'll die from eating it, I'll eat it.

Worst lie you've told?

I'm not a big liar. To be fair most people don't like me because I'm too honest. I tend not to think before I speak and it gets me in a lot of trouble.

Favourite superhero?

Batman.

What food do you hate?

Guacamole. I think it's the only thing I don't like. Ryan loves the stuff and puts it on everything and it makes me fell ill. And tuna man but that's really cause it smell fucking awful.

Dream collaboration?

I don't know to be honest. Maybe Suicide Silence. Mitch Lucker was someone in this industry that I look up to as a performer so much. It's heartbreaking that he was taking from his family so young.

If you could be reincarnated as anyone who would it be?

Marilyn Monroe. She's the most beautiful person that's ever been on this earth.

What's number one on bucket list?

To swim with sharks. I've been fortunately enough to have done a lot of thing's thats on your typical bucket list. But swimming with sharks is something I'd jump at the chance to do.

What's a song you wished you had wrote?

When you can't sleep at night by Of Mice and Men.


Austin pulled his earphones from his ears, his stare leaving Lana's image on the screen of his phone and up into Tino's face when he felt his hand upon his shoulder.

"We're going to go have a wander about and see who's playing"

"I'll catch up with you guys later" Austin said quietly, watching as the rest of his band left the dressing room the had been holed up in for the last hour. Straight after their set the had returned to do press. After everyone had left them in peace Austin decided to watch some of the other tour videos on youtube. Lana's smiling face being his first option.

Once he stretched his tired body he checked the time realising he could still catch the last ten minutes of Face Yourself's set. He bounded from the room and strode down the twisting corridors as fast as his strong legs could carry him. Flashing his pass at a few people he reached side stage in minutes.

Standing next to one of the guitar techs, Austin watched with a huge smile on his face as Lana bounced around the stage. She was still dressed the same as when he was with her earlier but seemed to have improved her mood tremendously. Once he had helped her retrieve her phone and pass, both of which were in OM&Ms fridge, he had offered to take her for lunch which she polity refused fearing she was 'going to whitey'. He still wasn't sure what she had meant.

Something changed in her as soon as she stepped on stage. He had become increasingly aware of it the more he watched her perform. She was the same charismatic, loud, energetic person she was normally but something made her more vulnerable. More accessible.

He caught her eye ans she waved over to him, smiling that big tooth smile that made his heart race. He took some photo's as the band played their last song, the variance in Lana's harsh screams and melodic voice giving him goosebumps. He also took some photo's pointed out into the crowd. He smiled at one with Lana standing on a riser, hands up in the air as she overlooked the sea of people, the sun setting a haze of purple and orange over the skyline.

He laughed at her as she bounded towards him, taking the bottle of water he had held in her direction. The rest of the band saying 'Hi' as they walked passed and disappeared down into the building. He smiled at her before looking back to his phone and uploading his photo onto twitter, no doubt causing a riot amongst fans with the caption 'Watching the bestie destroy Warped!'.

"You guys were amazing" Austin smiled at her as she nudged his side, both starting to walk in the direction the group of boys had disappeared too."Heard you wanted to steal my song writing skills"
He still had processed the thought of her liking his music, never mind wishing she had written one of his songs. It humbled him.

Austin watched Lana's face as she smiled up at him. Her eyes twinkling, chest rising and falling heavily as she calmed her breathing down.

"What's there not to want?" she grabbed hold of his hand, pulling him down so he was face to face with her, taking him by surprise and kissing his cheek. "Thank's for not missing any of our sets."
Austin stood still, surprised and confused as to what had happened. The skin on his cheek and the palm of his hand tingled where she had touched him, his heart thumping in his chest. He knew his face was bright red.

"You're an inspiration Mr Carlile," He notice she had kept walking down the corridor, facing him so she was going backwards. "Now hurry up or we'll be late for the party"

He was in way over his head for sure. And he didn't know if he could get back out.
♠ ♠ ♠
So my boyfriends away on holiday and I'm working nights all week which means i can hole myself up in the office and work on this a bit more. Yay!

Thank you so much for all the positive fed back (comments, subscriptions), it means a lot that people are actually enjoying it as I'm enjoying writing it.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=87000345

<3