I'm Not Insane

Chapter 1: Removal

Dean moved slowly along the corridor, looking over his shoulder after every few paces. Panic kept threatening to overwhelm him as he went, but he choked it down, trying to ignore the nurses looking at him with pitying looks. He knew he must look completely crazy (Hello! Mental institution!), but he didn't care; all he cared about was finding his brother. Who else could he trust in here?

Finally he reached the door he was looking for and carefully pushed it open. "Sam?" he said tentatively, poking his head round and peering into the gloom.

The room was empty; the light was switched off, the sheets had been removed and there was nothing left on the bedside cabinet except a battered copy of the New Testament.

"Dammit…" He entered the room and sat down heavily on the bed, his head in his hands. What now?

"Eddie? What are you doing in here?" a male voice spoke from the doorway. It was Dr Fuller.

Dean looked up, filling his expression and voice with not-entirely feigned worry. "Hey doc, has something happened to my brother? Only, I can't find him…"

The doctor gave a sigh and moved to sit next to Dean on the bed. "I'm afraid we had to move Alex to another establishment. His anger was out of control. It's for his own safety, not to mention the safety of the other patients and staff here."

Dean's jaw dropped; he didn't have to feign the look of horrified shock on his face. Sam's…gone? "Where'd you take him?" he demanded, abandoning his innocent confusion in favour of honest frustration.

Dr Fuller shook his head. "There's no point to me telling you, since you're in no position to go and visit him. One of the orderlies told me you were hallucinating earlier?"

Dean's eyes narrowed slightly. "Really?" he said, forcing his tone to be casual.

"Apparently you were arguing with someone who wasn't there," the doctor said, raising an eyebrow. "Would you care to explain that?"

For the first time that day, Dean was unable to think of a witty comeback.

|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|


"Where…where are you taking me?" Sam demanded, fighting to keep his eyes open against the cloud of dizziness inside his head. Sometime in the last twenty minutes or so he'd been given a cocktail of tranq drugs and as a result, he was finding it very difficult to even remember where he was, let alone focus on anything else.

"You're being moved to another establishment where you can't hurt yourself or anyone else," the young nurse said kindly, through the Perspex partition. "It's for your own good, honey."

"Wha…?" Sam frowned, struggling to concentrate on what she was saying. He forced his eyes to move, looking down at the straps holding him onto the bench in the back of the van, and wondered briefly why they'd bothered. With so many sedatives in his system, he'd be amazed if he could even stand up.

"Almost there, sweetie," she said, turning a corner.

Where? he wanted to ask, but he was too dizzy and tired to form the word; his eyes closed and his head fell back onto the padded bench with a dull thump.
♠ ♠ ♠
To anyone who's read my previous stories:

First of all, thank you ^_^ and I know what you're thinking - why is she starting a new story when there are two unfinished ones just sitting there?! But in my defence, this story is already finished so it's just a case of a TINY bit of rewriting and uploading each chapter. I am still considering continuing work on the old stories, never you worry ;)

To anyone who's reading my work for the first time:

Again, thank you for reading :) I hope you liked the first chapter! Sorry it's a little short, this was originally going to be a cliffhanger oneshot but it spawned lots of little extra chapters when I wasn't looking xD

Please comment and rate! ^_^ x