Status: written for Rach

Illusion

Nightmare

Eyes crimson as blood, brightly shining seemingly floating but perplex. The hooded figure shady, but it's incandescent eyes. It's figure hidden in the dark depths, only apparent light radiating off the infant tucked tightly in it's arms. Soft wails burst through the atmosphere, the infant shaking with it's sobs.

Fear over took me, the child so small and defenseless. This child held in the grasp of evil seemed so broken and scared. Where was it's defender. Why was this child so familiar.

Addie, my little Addie.

This unknown thing had my daughter grasped in it's arms. The crimson piercing eyes had fear sunk to my core. What could this thing want with my baby, my little girl.

Her soft cries turned into whimpers and cooing as if trying to soothe herself. The figure's eyes bore down, taking in the appearance of my daughter. I felt my self slip as if moving, though my body seemed to bound and heavy. My knees firmly pressed to the ground, my body bowing as if I was struggling to stay up right. My eyes unmoving from my child grasped in this things hands.

My whole body felt constricted, I couldn't even scream for this thing to let my child go, and take me. I felt like I couldn't breathe but the air burned my lungs, letting me know that there was still something in me, pain. My body ached as if I'd been perched in the same spot for hours. The pain in my lungs only intensified with every shaky breathe, and my heart felt as if it was grasped in a pair of vise grips, tightening with every millisecond that past.

I wasn't sure if I blinked or just completely missed the movement, but one second my baby girl is nestled snugly in the things arms then she's hanging by her ankle. Hanging over a vast emptiness, her screams of pain and fear cut through me like a knife.

My body felt heavier, everything giving out pain taking over the entire surface of my face, chest, and stomach after the contact. My head snapped back up, the only movement I could control. As if smiling the eyes of the figure trailed over my body's detriment. They seemed to get brighter before turning to my baby.

Everything seem to slow down; her body appeared to moving, downward. Breath caught in my throat once I realized the figure had dropped her. Her screams set my body shaking, and pain rend through me.


A scream ripped thru the air, my body jerking up right.

A dream. It had just been a dream.

Shaking, I stumbled out of bed, tangled in the sheets. My feet couldn't carry me fast enough, her soft cries wafted out the open door. Her little chubby little arms wailing around uncoordinated, unable to control her movements.

Holding her was the only thing that made the shaking stop, made my nerves slowly decrease. Her soft cries started to subside, trudging slowly out of her room. Normally I'd give her her pacifier, while I make her bottle. But after I had the nightmare, I couldn't stand her being away from me.

It didn't take long for the water to boil, or for the formula to reach a temperature baby girl liked. The trek back to her room was filling with the sounds of suctions. Resting myself in the only available chair in her room, slowly rocking her and myself.

The night seemed to slip away, her small form nestled into my chest. Safely tucked into my chest her small chest heaving calming my nerves and relinquishing my fears. The ink of my skin contrasted with her pure little being. The pink little sleeper wrapped snugly around her, even thou I appose the frilly little pink stuff. I couldn't help but smile at how adorable she looked.

Her light brown bristle tousled shielding her forehead and eyes, her mouth slightly agape. The soft rise and fall of her chest enticed me, my lids slowly closed. Her sudden shifting had my eyes opening taking in her appearance before closing again.

She's safe in my arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Written for Oh So Synyster check out her story Summer Lovin'