Status: Complete One-shot

Our Dearest Chelsea

Our Dearest Chelsea

They've been arguing again.

Over a carpet stain.

It started out small, about how seeing as Jack spilt it he should clean it up, but according to Jack, Alex pushed into him causing it to happen. Soon though it produced a full on shouting match between the couple, but not just about the stain. Alex has been getting annoyed at Jack's constant flirting with everyone around him and Jack is annoyed at Alex's clingy-ness. Jack had left Alex crying on the couch at mid night, has hasn't returned in a full ten hours.

Alex is now a nervous wreck, pacing around their flat and calling everyone he can think of. They may be in an argument, but Jack means the world to him, he would be useless without him.

A low whine of worry comes from the corner of the room, from their small golden Labrador Chelsea. They both brought her a few months ago, and they love her beyond belief. When they first stepped into that small little kennel their little Chelsea caught their eyes. A hyperactive little thing, throwing herself around and yapping like a dog possessed. They've loved her ever since, and soon one day if the boys have their own family, she'll be a great part of it.

Alex looks over at Chelsea cowering in the corner and sighs heavily, his lips trembling slightly. Walking over he starts to pat his thighs lightly, cooing over the small pup. Chelsea's tail starts to wag and she yaps in delight as Alex lifts her from the ground, and then wonders over to the couch before plopping down.

She snuggles into him and licks his hands when he tries to pet her, he's not sure why she would want to do that, Alex hasn't washed in nearly two days. But he smiles lovingly down at the pup, stroking behind her ear, which is known as her weak spot. Whining slightly she rolls around his his lap, her tail waggling so much Alex is afraid it will fall off.

But soon a key sliding into the front door brings them both back into reality. Alex gulps but doesn't move from his spot, ten fucking hours of worrying and pacing he has spent waiting for Jack, ten long hard hours of phoning friends and family, expressing his worries and concerns.

He watches as Jack slowly slides into the room, his hair messed up and huge black bags under his eyes from exhaustion, and Alex knows he isn't looking much better. Their eyes lock on to each other, guilt flashing through Jack's as he sees that Alex must have been up the whole night. He hopes he can make up for it though, he wants to make them work, he loves Alex, and wants to have a family with him some day.

"Alex, I am so fucking sorry" Jack breathes before wondering closer towards him, now noticing the little bundle of fluff in his lap.

"S-Sorry? I've been up all fucking night worrying about you! Do you know how many times my mother had to calm me down? I thought something horrible had happened to you Jack!" Alex shouts while starting to shake lightly, Chelsea flinches and jumps up before running from the room, not liking the new loud noises.

"Alex please, i didn't mean to! I lost track of time, please baby I am so sorry" Jack pleads while taking a seat next to him, Alex just huffs and shakes his head. A millions emotions are running through his over worked mind, relief being the most noticeable.

He sighs to himself before turning slightly towards Jack and pulling him into a surprising kiss. Jack is confused at first but soon starts to kiss back slowly and wraps his arms around Alex's small waist. The kiss is passionate, Alex just needs Jack to realize that he is too important to him. Once the kiss is broken by Alex, they rest their foreheads together letting their irregular breathing steady.

"Don't you ever fucking do that again Jack, please don't" Alex whimpers while staring into Jack's eyes, which are still filled with guilt. He nods and pulls their foreheads apart before pulling Alex into a bone crushing hug. Both of them cling on desperately, never wanting to let go.

Small pitter patting of feet break them apart, and they both look down beside them to see Chelsea...carrying a small black box. Alex frowns while Jack curses to himself, how the heck did the dog find that?

"Jack? What's that?" Alex asks while reaching down and taking the small box from Chelsea, stroking her lightly while looking down at the box.

"A-Alex, um, you weren't supposed to see that until next week" Jack stutters while taking the box from Alex, it was for his birthday next Monday, a very special present indeed. But he can't just hide it now, knowing Alex when Jack is out at work he'll tear the place apart looking for it.

"Um, Alex Gaskarth...wow this is awkward, Alex i love you, more than anything or anyone, and i want to be with you forever, maybe even have a family someday? So, um, would you do me the amazing honour...of marrying me?" Jack stumbles over his words, before slowly opening the box to reveal a silver ring inside.

Alex gasps and looks in awe at the ring in front of him, tears pricking from his eyes. Bringing his eyes up to meet Jack's pleading ones, he nods quickly repeatedly before flinging himself at him, taking him into another death grip hug. Jack laughs in relief and hugs back, they are going to be together, for once and for all. They pull apart and Jack takes the ring before sliding it onto Alex's finger, the giant smile never leaving his features.

Small barks come from beside them and Jack is the one to pick the pup up and tickle her body, making her yelp happily and dance around. Alex laughs happily and looks up into Jack's eyes.

Everything is going to be fine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not a very good story, but hey, i do get bored sometimes. Sorry about any spelling mistakes.
This is actually a happy story...kind of.