Status: Work in progress

A Daydream Away

Chapter 2

The bell rang signaling lunch period was starting, and waking Alex from his nice nap in his English class, before he could get out the door he was called back into a lecture about how disrespectful it was to sleep in class- or something along those lines. By the time he shoved his books in his locker and headed to the cafeteria his friends had already gotten lunch and were sitting at the table waiting on him.
“What took you so long?" Jack pouted hooking an arm around the smaller boys’ waist, taking a bite of his sandwich before leaning his head on his shoulder. Alex smiled lightly placing a kiss on his friends head before answering,
"Fell asleep...again"
"Have you ever stayed awake in that class?" Zack cut in giving his friend an amused look.
"It’s not my fault! We're an AP class and she gives us lectures about comma placement. How can she expect me to stay awake through that?"
Just as Alex finished his complaints a boy he'd never seen before sat down on the other side of jack looking at Alex curiously,
“Who are you?"
Alex glared at the boy, not liking his close proximity to Jack, before giving him a look over, grimacing to himself as he noticed he wasn't all that bad looking.
"I'm not the new kid here that's for damn sure."
“No… I suppose not, but I was introduced to everyone else, and I had last block with Jack “
Alex’s glare became more noticeable as the boy smiled in Jacks direction. Alex tightened his hold on Jack before speaking again,
“I’m Alex. “
“I’m Josh, are you two together or…?”

“No” Alex defended maybe a bit too quickly putting some space between him and Jack pretending to miss the flash of hurt on his face. It’s not that Alex didn't like Jack, he loved him more than anyone, and it was pretty obvious he did too, but when people thought they were together as more than just friends he got defensive. He wasn't sure how strong his romantic feelings towards the boy to be honest; he never let himself think in depth about it, the way he acted around Jack was just what came naturally. He couldn't deny his best friend was attractive, and he knew he found both girls and guys appealing. But what if he thought about Jack that way, and they dated and maybe even fell in love, then something awful happened and they he lost Jack forever. Relationships were too risky, he couldn't let himself think on his feelings for Jack or it would blow up in his face. He would have to settle with his frequent daydreams about having Jack as his own. But just because they couldn't be together that way didn't mean he wanted some new kid looking at Jack the way Josh was.

Alex stayed wrapped in his thoughts until lunch was over, the five boys stood from the table, Jack taking Alex’s hand out of habit, not that he minded. The boys, including Josh- much to Alex’s dismay, headed to their history class taking their seats together just before the tardy bell rang.

Halfway through class Jack again had his feet propped up in Alex’s lap halfway paying attention to the film playing on the projector, but more focused on the beautiful bottle blonde on his left. It was pretty obvious; at least he thought it was that his feelings for Alex were more than friendly. Then again the closeness between the boys was something that had always been there and he knew to Alex it was nothing more than routine. He glanced up feelings eyes on him and saw Rian giving him a knowing look, the look he always gave him when he publicly daydreamed about Alex. Rian was the only one who had confirmation on the fact that Jack was head over heels for his best friend, everyone else just suspected, he needed someone to vent to bout his feelings and Rian was great to talk to. Until he started trying to convince Jack to tell Alex how he felt, that’s when he changed the subject or turned on the video games. He sighed quietly before shifting his gaze again, this time his eyes landing on Josh. Jack couldn't deny the boy was attractive, but let’s face it he had nothing on Alex. Then again that wasn't going anywhere and he couldn't be alone forever, and Josh had shown some signs of maybe having more than friendship interests in Jack. He felt himself smile at the new boy before shifting his gaze one last time to the movie where it stayed for the rest of class.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this kind of sucks.
BUT in my defense it's necessary to upcoming drama, and I did want to show you how a bit of where the boys stand. Keep in mind the title when it comes to Alex's feelings.
(just to throw this out there Josh isn't anyone from a band he's just a random original character)
Thanks to everyone who commented on the last chapter it means a lot!

comment, subscribe, recommend, feedback gets updates!