Status: Work in progress

A Daydream Away

Chapter 3

The rest of the day had passed rather uneventfully, aside from Alex’s glares sent Josh's way when no one else was looking.
As he got ready for bed that night he had Jack on his mind as usual, he sat on his bed picking up a framed picture of the pair showing their arms wrapped around each other tight, bright smiles adorning their faces. It was taken at Alex’s family's’ beach house last summer. Alex’s family had always gone and when the boys got older and closer Jack began making the trip as well. He smiled at the skunk haired boy in the picture fondly before settling into bed drifting off into his dreamland where Jack was his.

The next morning Alex awoke the sound his alarm, unplugging the intrusive source of noise, before rolling onto his stomach burying his face in the pillows. It wasn't long before he heard his door open and felt the weight of a body joining his own in the bed. He peaked out of one eye smiling when he found Jack, still in pajamas, laying half atop him.
Jack reached out ruffling Alex's already messy behead before speaking,
"I've decided we're ditching today."
Alex grinned at the mention of skipping, no school meant no Josh.
"Yeah why's that?"
"Because! It's a Tuesday! Everyone knows Tuesdays aren't meant to be spent at school."
"Since when?"
Jack pouted at his friends’ response before swatting his nose playfully,
"Enough questions, you get more sleep plus a whole day of Jack. You should really thank me."
"Oh thank you Jack! What ever would I have ever done without your flawless plan and reasoning?!"
Jack ignored his sarcasm snuggling under the covers and holding Alex to him like a teddy bear, quickly falling asleep with the elder boy not far behind.

When Alex awoke again it was a much better awakening than before, he was curled into Jacks chest with the boys lanky arms holding him tight. Alex kissed his chest gently, wishing he could do that more often to a conscious Jack who wasn't wearing a shirt, before patting jacks cheek and waking him. Jack mumbled something about more sleep but Alex was having none of it.
"I don't think so! You made me miss out on academic opportunity and promised a whole day of Jack! You can't just be a bum all day."

Despite that declaration that's exactly what they did, the boys lounged around Alex's house all morning in only basketball shorts while watching bad TV movies. Around one they wondered into the kitchen in search of food, after finding an assortment of junk food they sat on the floor stuffing their faces and laughing about everything. It was moments like this that Alex wondered how he kept his feelings hidden. He looked at Jack laughing manically over one of his own bad jokes, and he felt a warm smile grace his lips at the sight of Jacks foolish grin. He must have stared longer than he thought because suddenly Jacks grin was gone and replaced by a look of worry. He was snapping his fingers in front of Alex trying to get his attention,
"You alright man? You were zoned out there for a while; you were just staring at me with this creepy smile." Jack teased his friend before standing and pulling Alex up with him.
"I'm bored. Let's go the park!"
"You're such a child Jack."
"C'mon please!! I'll push you on the swings! And let you go down the slide first!"
"Well I can't say no to that," Alex chuckled, when really it was just an excited Jack he couldn't say no to.

After running around playing for what seemed like hours, Jack keeping none of his promises, instead making Alex push him and racing to the slide; Jack finally allowed them to find a shady spot and rest. Alex sat against a tree as Jack laid his head in Alex’s lap stretching out and stifling a yawn.
"If you fall asleep I'm not carrying you home."
"You'd let me alone unconscious at a public park!? My clothes could get stolen by a hobo!!!"
"And that's my problem because?"
"Because you're the only one allowed to take off my clothes" Jack smirked wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.
"Shut up," Alex replied halfheartedly, running his fingers through Jacks hair. The pair settled into a comfortable silence just enjoying each other’s company.

Before too long they heard footsteps approaching, the pair, too lazy to open their and see who it was. Zack and Rian knew if they had ditched Jack would've wanted to go to the park, and Alex would've went along with it, so that's where they'd come first, with Josh tagging along.
"You guys couldn't have told us to skip with you?" Zack asked feigning hurt.
Jack peeked out of one eye looking up at the three of them,
"Nope. It was a Jack and Alex day."
He smiled brightly turning his head to kiss Alex’s stomach. The blonde responded by smiling down at him fondly patting his head. His smile was short lived when new voice he'd already learned to hate spoke up,
"Way to ditch me in Jack, not talking to anybody mixed with what is possibly the worst form of torture known to man" Josh joked, though he had really missed Jack.
Alex internally groaned rolling his eyes, he wasn't sure why but that kid just got under his skin in every possible way. Okay that's a lie, he knew why. He was jealous. He wasn't even sure he has reason to be, he had no idea if Josh was into Jack that way, or into guys at all for that matter. And he'd only known Jack a day, but they had a class together without Alex, and that was enough to evoke feelings of jealousy.
"Sorry dude, I'm usually there, we just take a nice day off now and again."
"Maybe I'll ditch with you next time?"
Before Jack could reply Rian cut in,
"Usually when they ditch it's because they decided they needed a whole day with each other to watch shit TV and eat junk food, nothing too exciting"
"That is entirely untrue; we also go the park a lot! You're just bitter we never invite you."
Rian shrugged, “I think it's nice you two have things you only do together"
Alex sent him a thankful smile; the two shared a look meaning Rian knew his distaste for Josh, and that they'd be discussing it later.
♠ ♠ ♠
Catch the 'A daydream away reference' and you'll win.... nothing, but I'll think you're rad if that counts.

So a bit fillerish perhaps, but cute Jalex time so it's worth it.

Comment, recommend, subscribe please feedback is much needed and appreciated.

Thanks to all my readers <3