Status: Work in progress

A Daydream Away

Chapter 6

Despite Alex’s best effort to ruin Jack’s date with Josh, it was rescheduled for tonight. Alex was currently pacing around his room, desperately thinking of a way to get Josh out of the picture. He looked at the clock seeing they were probably in the middle of their date right now. He screamed furiously, ripping the clock from the wall and throwing it as hard as he could. He continued on smashing everything in his sight, tears streaming down his face. He barely noticed his parents’ brief presence in the room, and altogether ignored their attempts to calm him down. He carried on the war with himself for longer than he thought, because before he knew it Jack was in front of him trying to calm him down.

“Alex, c’mon breathe,” Jack soothed.
Jack held his friend’s hands, carefully trying to calm Alex down from his panic. Alex slowly returned his breathing to normal, but hid his face in shame, refusing to make eye contact.
“Alex, look at me. C’mon, it’s alright.”
“What are you even doing here, shouldn’t you be on your date?”
Jack sighed, moving from in front of Alex to beside him, and looped an arm around his waist.
“I was. Your mom called freaking out about, well… you freaking out. She asked me to come calm you down,”
Alex peeked up through his fringe and, for a split second, even smiled.
“So you left to come check on me?”
“Of course--Alex, I told you. You’re my best friend. Nothing is ever going to change that, and nobody is going to come between us.”
Jack’s earnest expression quickly changed to one of confusion when instead of smiling, Alex started to cry once again. Jack panicked, fumbling to hand his friend a tissue.
“Shit, Alex. What’s wrong--did I say something wrong? Please tell me so I can fix it.”
Jack was begging now and getting upset himself.
“I don’t want to be your best friend, Jack.” Alex admitted.
Before Jack could even register heartbreak, Alex had pulled him closer and stopped crying.
“I’m fucking in love with you, Jack. I don’t want us to be just friends because I need you as more.”

Alex pulled Jack in for a kiss, not waiting for a response. Jack reacted by wrapping his arms around Alex’s waist, kissing back hungrily. Alex pushed Jack back on his bed and deepened the kiss, legs resting on either side of him. Jack let his hands roam over the fabric of Alex’s clothes, gripping his hips and earning a moan from the blonde on top of him. Alex pulled back only when he couldn’t breathe anymore, and rested his forehead against Jack’s. They both paused to regain their breath, their labored breathing gradually slowing down. Jack was the first to break the silence between them; he didn’t want to ruin the moment, but he needed an explanation for their sudden actions.

“Alex, where did that come from?”
Alex bit his lip, suddenly having no clue what to say.
“Not now Jack, I’m tired.”

It wasn’t completely a lie; his fit of rage coupled with his and Jack’s abrupt rendezvous worn him out. He felt bad upon seeing the look of hurt and confusion on Jack’s face, and stroked his cheek and pecked his lips gently.

“We will talk, Jack, I promise. Let’s just get some sleep first, okay?”

Jack nodded as Alex got off him and snuggled into his side, bringing the blankets up to cover them.
The next afternoon, Jack woke up in Alex’s bed alone. Panic began to set in that he had been ditched, before he turned his head to the side and saw Alex sitting cross legged on the floor with his guitar in his lap. Alex felt eyes on him and looked up; he smiled at Jack’s bed head and bleary eyes.

“Hey Jacky, don’t get in a panic just because everyone can’t sleep for an entire day.” He smiled teasingly at his best friend before his look changed to a more serious one.
“I guess you want to talk now?”
Jack sat up, hugging the covers around him and nodded shyly.
“I’m just really confused, Alex. Everyone told me you liked me in that way, but I never thought you could…”
Alex stood up and crossed the room quickly. He pulled Jack into a close hug, kissing his temple and taking a seat next to him.
“Jack, I honestly thought It was blatantly obvious how I feel about you, but there are other reasons as to why I never flat out told you. And reasons why we can’t be together.”
Jack pulled back at that, tears forming in his eyes immediately.
“What the fuck do you mean, Alex? Who the fuck is stopping us? What, are you afraid to be in a relationship with a guy--or am I just not good enough for you?” He spat.
Alex was taken aback at his harsh tone and fumbled over his as he tried to calm Jack down before he could leave.
“Jack, of course not. It has nothing to do with you not being good enough. You’re perfect, okay?”
“Then fucking explain to me why you were compelled to toy with my feelings.”
“I never should have told you how I felt. That was a mistake--I just couldn’t take it anymore. I don’t really know how to put it in words, so I wrote you something. Now, please just don’t say anything until I’m finished.”
Alex got off the bed and gathered his guitar before returning to his spot where he faced Jack. He swallowed nervously before starting to play.

“I wish you could see your face right now
‘Cause you’re grinning like a fool
And we’re sitting on your kitchen floor
On a Tuesday afternoon
It doesn’t matter when we get back
To doing what we do
‘Cause right now could last forever
Just as long as I’m with you

You’re just a daydream away
I wouldn’t know what to say if I had you
And I’ll keep you a daydream away
Just watch from a safe place
So I never have to lose

We would go out on the weekend
To escape our busy lives
And we’d laugh at all the douche-bag guys
Chasing down their desperate wives
I would drink a little too much
You’d offer me a ride
And I would offer you a t-shirt
And you would stay another night

But you’re just a daydream away
I wouldn’t know what to say if I had you
And I’ll keep you a daydream away
Just watch from a safe place
So I never have to lose
We never stood a chance out there
Shooting love in real-time
So we’ll take it over ice tonight
With a little salt
And a little lime

You’re just a daydream away
I wouldn’t know what to say if I had you
And I’ll keep you a daydream away
Just watch from a safe place
So I never have to lose

You’re just a daydream away
I wouldn’t know what to say if I had you”

Alex kept his face hidden after he was done, too scared to look up and find Jack’s reaction. Jack, on the other hand, wasn’t about to keep anything hidden anymore. He grabbed Alex’s face, gently but eagerly, and kissed him passionately, pulling away just as abruptly. Alex looked up in shock, but before he could form a proper sentence Jack cut him off.

“Alex I get that you’re worried. Losing you would be the worst thing I could ever imagine. But never getting a chance to be with you in the way I want comes pretty fucking close. The only time we’ve ever gone a day without speaking is when I had a date with Josh. Are we both just supposed to stay single for the rest of our lives so nobody gets jealous? Don’t you think that’s a much more likely way of us being torn apart?
“I mean, fuck, Alex; I appreciate your concern but it’s fucking bullshit. You can’t even give us a chance of what could happen. We love each other, Alex, and as far as I can see into the future it, ends with us together. Happier than we could ever imagine. Not us torn apart. So I’m asking you, no I’m fucking begging you, just give us a chance. Alex, please?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to my other half Danielle for editing.

C'mon guys you can do better than one comment, tell me what you think will happen?
Remember feedback = updates!

P.S: I haven't written many 'intimate' scenes so bear with me they will get better.