Status: Work in progress

A Daydream Away

Chapter 7

Alex stared at Jack, eyes wide, stunned into silence for what seemed like an eternity before gaining the courage to answer,

“Jack-“

Not hearing an immediate yes crushed Jacks hopes, he got off the bed in a hurry not needing to hear Alex’s bullshit excuses for building up his hopes only to run away from them. Before he could get far Alex reached out grabbing his hand, forcing him to turn around.

“Let me finish Jack,” Alex moved forward cupping Jacks face with his unoccupied hand, smiling when Jack subconsciously lent into his touch even with a scowl adorning his face.

“Jack, will you be my boyfriend?”

Jacks face held a brief look of shock before his eyes lit up and a huge smile took up his features, he nodded his head furiously instead of screaming yes like he was tempted to. Alex’s face held the same bright smile as he pulled Jack into an innocent kiss followed by a tight hug neither boy ever wanted to pull away from. Alex closed his eyes as he held Jack tight, he couldn’t believe how happy he was now, and how he had let his own stupid worries prevent this from happening sooner. He took in just how it felt having Jack in this way and he knew with all his heart nothing this right could ever be broken.

Both boys eventually made it back to laying on the bed where they stayed intertwined talking and sharing kisses until evening, which brought them to now, digging through Alex’s kitchen desperately searching for food. After searching the kitchen thoroughly and finding nothing to eat Alex gave up and ordered them each a pizza. Yes they each needed a whole pizza. While waiting for it to arrive they put in grand theft auto and got in a heated battle of who could last the longest with six stars. Alex so far had the longest time and he watched Jack become dangerously close to breaking his record. He couldn’t let this happen, obviously, so he did the only logical thing and whacked Jack in the back of the head with a pillow he grabbed from the couch. Jack let out a shocked squeal and dropped the controller.

"Alex!"

Alex smiled innocently looking at Jack, "Yes baby?"

"You're dead." Jack picked up the discarded pillow and tackled Alex to the ground whacking him with the pillow mercilessly. Alex grabbed his pillow fighting back the best he could and before long there was an all-out brawl on the living room floor, the video game long forgotten. The 'fight' continued until the doorbell rang and both boys sprung up and bolted towards the pizza. Alex wrenched the door open as he pulled out his wallet, Jack doing the same. Alex shooed his money away paying for the pizzas and closing the door. Jack smiled as he halfheartedly protested,

"You didn’t have to do that Lex" Alex just smiled pecking his cheek before heading towards the kitchen. Jack followed in tow a smile adorning his face at the thought of his boyfriend buying him pizza.

After finishing a whole pizza each they went back upstairs, collapsing on Alex's bed and yawning. Jack snuggled into Alex’s side, head resting on his chest and pulled the covers up over them. Alex smiled holding Jack as close as their bodies would allow, "no shower?"

"In the morning" Jack yawned and closed his eyes, falling asleep almost instantly. Alex stayed awake a while longer absentmindedly running his fingers through Jacks messy hair still in disbelief that he finally had him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so incredibly sorry about the wait, it's the end of the year and I've had ap exams, sols, finals, projects, etc. But hopefully this happy chapter makes up for it??

Thanks so much to all those who commented, keep it up please?? My years winding down and the next chapter is started so the only thing in the way of updates is feedback!

Comment, subscribe, recommend!