Status: Work in progress

A Daydream Away

Chapter 9

Rian and Zack made eye contact across the table, each desperately begging the other to say something to Josh who was a mix of disappointed and upset.
“He ran out on our rescheduled date, which Alex ruined the first time, to hook up with Alex!?”
Rian took a moment to think of how to explain it before trying his best to explain,
“Josh, those two have been crazy about each other for the longest time, and none of us ever thought Alex would own up to his feelings, much less do anything about it. I know it sucks you had to get caught up in it for it to happen but Jack loves Alex, you wouldn’t want to be second best anyway right?”
Josh sighed reluctantly agreeing with Rian,
“No, of course not, first choice would be nice though” he held up his hand to stop Rian before he could start again. “I know I can’t be, just a statement, there’s no way I could compete with Alex they were so close as friends already.”
Just as he finished Alex and Jack reappeared hand in hand carrying their lunches and took the remaining seats at the table. Jack fidgeted in his seat trying to avoid any eye contact with Josh, “Look Josh, I’m-“
“Don’t say you’re sorry Jack, its fine really, it was a first date compared to soul mates, there’s no reason to be sorry.” He smiled in what must have been a convincing way because Jack returned the gesture and turned his attention to his lunch. He’d convinced everyone but himself he was completely fine with it. And that soul mate bullshit? He certainly didn’t believe that. Jack deserved better than Alex and as soon as he got closer to Jack and made him see what he gave up, he could be that something better. He just had to play nice with the disgustingly happy couple until then. The couple in question was caught up in their own little world together practically in each other’s laps whispering back and forth. They stayed that way all through lunch- much to Josh’s dismay.
After lunch the small group headed to their next class, happy to find their teacher absent, and the substitute with headphones in, oblivious and uncaring what the class did. As long as nobody bled or broke anything,-that involved filling out paperwork. Alex took his seat in the back corner pulling Jack into his lap as the others filled in their surrounding seats. The sub took one headphone out long enough to give directions to a worksheet that nobody was going to do before leaving the room without a word of where she was going. Alex shook his head at her- and the whole school system really.
“Are there even any requirements to be hired as a substitute?”
“High school diploma or GED”
Alex glanced over at Rian, one eyebrow raised, “are you serious?”
“Sadly, no college needed and 10 bucks an hour to eat popcorn and watch shitty movies”
“Fuck, pretty sweet deal for them and people who don’t care about their education, sucks for people who actually need the information.”
Jack balled his worksheet up hurling it at someone across the room, and crossed his arms defiantly. “Well I don’t need this information.”
Alex cooed at the boy tightening his hold, “Nope, I’ll still love you when you dropout and work in fast food your whole life” he kept his tone teasing and light, careful not to offend. Joking around with Jack was always fun, a hurt Jack was never fun. Jack scoffed in mock offence and turned away from Alex the best he could- which seeing he was in the elders lap wasn’t very much. Alex simply smiled placing kissed along Jacks shoulder blades, stopping at the back of his collar bone.
“Don’t be like that Jacky,” he whispered, moving his lips up his neck kissing gently. Jack shivered involuntarily and pulled away from his boyfriends teasing. “Unless you want to get me off in class I suggest you stop.”
“Who said I was opposed to that?” Alex asked as it if it were the most appealing and obvious of things to do in history class. He moved his hand to Jacks belt, getting it undone just as Rian finally spoke up.
“Whoa whoa, okay. That’s enough, it was cute at first but now just please keep it zipped.”
Alex pouted redoing Jacks belt and moving his hands a safe distance away from Jacks crotch.
“You’re no fun Dawson,”
Jack nodded in agreement, “total cockblock.”
“You know I love you guys, and love is equal, gay pride, all that shit. But I draw the line at live porn in the middle of the class. Jack smirked at his friend, loving to rile him up.
“So as long as were not in class you’d love to witness our sex life?”
Rian opened his mouth to refute but shook his head deciding it was easier to just let Jack win this one.
“Yes Jack that’s exactly what I mean.” Jack smiled smugly, “thought so.”
Alex took in that interesting little encounter with a loving smile on his face, Jack may be unusual and immature and make frequent sex jokes, but it was all those things that reminded Alex why he was hopelessly in love.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took so long to get out I'm almost done with my projects and exams so Ill have more time for this soon!

Yeah this substitute in here? That's all there is at my school its absolutely ridiculous, but its also why I was able to write this in french.

Comments make me really happy and make updates come quicker.

(Thanks to JamieAllOver., m0riarty, xBluexEyesx, and SignalFire for commenting!)