The Migratory Patterns of the Hikey German Family

3- Age 16

I spent hours and hours of my life on those ugly couches in the basement of a boring building that smelled like old people and dust. Sometimes I listened to the stories people told; most of them were crazy because let's face it, crazy things normally happen when you drink. Sometimes I went upstairs and ran around. Sometimes I sat there and wrote and sometimes... I just sat there and thought about everything. My life was spent sitting quietly in meetings. Riley and I were always just Dave and Bridgett's kid. People would ask who I was and I'd just say my parent's names because that's how people knew me. Everyone knew me when I was 'this big' and it annoyed me. Everyone seemed to have a story about something my parents did for them. My parents were... are great people. Just in different ways now. My dad still runs in that crowd, what a weird was to refer to them. My mom still goes sometimes but not as much as she used to.

I sat on the dark brown couch with my headphones in. I remember playing pool with Gwen and talking about 'demon dude' as he was named. she thought he was hot, I thought he looked like he should have horns. I dragged her to many meetings over the years of our friendship. She called them boring meetings which I admit from the outside they must have been. I remember kissing Shawn here. I remember 'dancing' with Alyssa, really we just ran in circles under the disco ball. Those are just three memories with three people who were close to me. I closed my eyes and pushed the memories away. I didn't want to remember... not now. I pulled me leg closer. I turned my music louder and let everything else fade away. It didn't matter.
♠ ♠ ♠
Does this chapter suck?