Status: On Going

Fragile Hearts

one

"Please buckle your seatbelts. We are now preparing to land." I fasten my seatbelt and look out the window. Just looking out, I could feel the scorching heat from the sun. I peer forward and for a moment I stare into a vast and dry wasteland so I tell myself "Why bother?" I lean back into my seat and see my mom looking at me.

"Sweetheart, you alright?" she said with concern in her voice.
"Yeah mom I'm fine." I said smiling back at her.

I will never understand why we chose to move to Arizona, I guess me and my mom had to get away from the tragic incident that happened back in New York. First thing that popped into my mind when my mom said we were moving to Arizona was: Heat. Sweat. Everywhere. I wonder how locals stand it.

I always wondered how it felt to be blind. I close my eyes and drown in my thoughts.The plane is descending now, I can feel it in the pit of my stomach. It's sad how they can't peer out the window and witness the beauty that the world portrays. They can only smell, feel, taste and hear what the world is like. The wheels touch the ground and I can feel myself being pushed back as the pilot brakes the plane. It slows down, down, down, down. Until it completely stops.

I hear the static from the microphone and I can tell the stewardess is waiting for her cue to dismiss us. "Thank you for flying with American Airlines. We hope to see you in one of our future flights. Enjoy your stay here at Arizona!"

I open my eyes. I'm home.
♠ ♠ ♠
i don't know where this story leads yet but hey i'm trying