Status: On Going

Fragile Hearts

two

The house we lived in back in New York wasn't in fact a house at all, it was a small apartment since that's all we could afford. I'm afraid I will never be able to call that apartment a home because all that revolved around it? Was negative energy.

But as I stood in front of the humongous, modern, beautiful, 2 story house I knew that this was the perfect place. The perfect place to build new memories, to forget the past and to start anew. I don't know how my mom paid for this place though.

"Mom! How did you pay for this gorgeous place?" I looked at her in shock. I noticed her face turn sour but I looked back before she could answer the question. I didn't care about that right now I was too happy. The house had a pool complete with a slide, a backyard ande everything a dream house could have. I ended in the kitchen and found my mom opening the cabinets.

"Mom you do know we need food to survive on right?" I said.

She chuckled "Okay. I'll go to the grocery." She picked up her wallet and was about to walk outside the door when an idea popped into my head.

"I could go to the grocery for you."

"Are you sure sweetheart?"

"Yeah definitely! It could also be an opportunity to explore the town." She approached me and handed me 50 dollars, "Okay don't buy too much."

I grabbed my shades then headed out. The sun's blazing heat never failed to make me sweat uncontrollably. I wiped off my sweat and scanned the area for a nearby grocery. Luckily, there was one across the street and started walking towards it. I looked both ways to see if any cars were coming my way. When I saw that the ghost was clear, I crossed. When I entered the store, the clerk smiled at me and directed her eyes to the carts. I got one and strolled around the aisles, picking up the things we needed. I made my way to the counter and laid down all the food while the clerk continued to scan each one.

"That will be 30 dollars." She said.

I handed her a 50 dollar bill and I watched as she opened the cash register to hand me a 20 dollars. I said thank you and headed out with my groceries. It looked like a ghost town because no cars were passing by. Literally none. I stepped off the curb and started walking. In the middle of the road, one of my grocery bags split open.

"Shit!" I yelled.

Hurrying, I picked it up. I tried shoving into the other bags and miraculously it fit. It was too late. As I stood up, my eyes widened because a car was speeding towards me. Unbearable pain seared every nerve of my body. The last thing I heard were screams.

Then everything went pitch black.
♠ ♠ ♠
dun dun dun
will she live
credits to @jerseymaine for helping me wink love u bro