Status: Another prompt! Thanks so much for these, I lovelovelove them.

It's So Nice to Finally Meet You

Tomorrow Comes Too Fast

Jack woke up at half six the next morning, groggy from lack of sleep and smelling like a pig. He'd woken up to the sound of his alarm for work, and Jack wondered if Alex would mind if he blew off work today. Jack had just assumed that Alex was his guardian angel, and that's what he would call him.

He sat dow at his kitchen table and smiled.

"...Alex? You there?"

Jack waited for a while before hearing a chuckle ringing through his flat.

"I'm here. Jack.. I need to talk to you. When we meet today, we have to do it in secret and you have to meet me at a very special spot. You'll have to drive there, but it's out of the way of everyone. No one can hear us there so I won't get in to trouble and you can ask em as much as you'd like. Is that okay?"

Jack nodded in agreement and asked Alex what time he wanted to meet him.

"Whenever you get there."

Jack quickly hopped in the shower, got dressed, called in sick from work faking the flu and set off to meet Alex. He didn't know where he was going, but as he was driving he went with his gut instinct and turned where he felt was right. This was probably a trick of Alex's.

As he pulled up in the middle of a field, a huge pylon above his head, he saw Alex sat cross legged playing with a small patch of daisies on the ground. He was making them grow and shrink back to seeds again, and Jack sat shocked.

What the hell was he doing? He didn't know this guy and he wasn't human, and Jack was honestly feeling a little bit freaked out. I mean, he was making fucking flowers die and come back to life right in front of him for fuck's sake.

"I can hear you Jack. I won't hurt you."

Jack jumped at the sound of Alex's voice in his head, smiled sheepishly, and slowly walked towards him.

"So... You're the guy that keeps saving my life?"

Alex's hair was shorter than the last time Jack had seen him, puffy on one side and straightened over his forehead on the other. It was darker too. His eyebrows were bushier than Jacks, which put a smile on his face, and he had scruffy stuble covering his neck and the bottom half of his face. It suited him though, made him look rough but in a good way. His black skinny jeans hugged his thin legs and a baggy, plain white tee shirt hung off his torso.

Alex stood up and extended a hand for Jack to shake.

"It's so nice to finally meet you."

Jack smiled, a little taken back by the statement, and shook his guardian's hand firmly.

"So, do you mind if I ask you some questions?"

"Of course not. Go ahead."

"Well. First thing's first, how long have you been like saving my life?"

"All your life."

"Why?"

"Because when you were born, I was told by much more powerful people than me that I had to spend my life watching over you and keeping you safe until you reached your purpose in life."

"What is my purpose?"

"Everyone's purpose is different Jack, but I can't give you an answer to your question, you have to figure it out yourself."

The questions went on like that for over two hours, until Alex had given Jack his complete life story and answered any other questions he had that he was actually allowed an answer to. Once the boys had got the formalities out of the way, they started to exchange questions about their hobbies and their day to day lives, getting to know each other better.

"You know what, you're not as weird as I thought you'd be. I mean, I thought you'd be some strange angel thing with hidden wings or like a rapist/murderer trying to play some sick lifelong jke on me. But, you're actually just like me. I mean, we lie that same music, the same food, the same clothes. We're practically the same person"

"Well that's why they paired us together Jack, every guardian has something in common with their human. If they didn't, their connection would never form properly."

Alex had explained everything about the world of the guardian's that he knew to Jack. He explained the hierarchy, where he lived, he even explained that when Jack felt strong emotions or strong physical pain Alex could feel it.

It took a while for Jack to let it all sink in, but after he had gone through everything with Alex, he offered to go and grab something to eat with the elder male.

"I can't Jack. If they find out I'm with you, they'll take you off me and I won't be your guardian any more."

"And? Big deal. If you're not my guardian, you can come and see me."

"No. I loose all connections with you. I can't hear you, see you, touch you or anything. Even if you're stood right in front of me I won't know you're there."

"Oh. Right okay. What happens to me then?"

"Well, another guardian takes over my job and looks over you. But, a lot of guardians abuse their humans because we have so much control over your thoughts. The decisions you make effect whether you achieve your destined purpose or not, so we sometimes have to influence your thoughts to make you choose the right path for your life. Some guardians use this to make their humans do terrible things, but this is a very small minority."

Jack smiled faintly and nodded in agreement.

"Well. I actually quite enjoy seeing you. Can I meet you here again? You can help me understand more about you and other humans and I can help you understand more about me and other guardians."

Alex smiled at Jack as the human nodded, walking towards his car.

"Yeah I'd love to."

"I'll be here whenever you decide to come down."

Jack smiled in the wind mirror as he drove back home, still slightly freaked out about his days events, but satisfied anyway.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well.. It took me about a year to upload this shitty filler chapter, but i'm getting back in to writing again now, so i will eventually finish this i promise