What Happens in the Dark

One shot

She waited. When she heard the drums, she would go to the living room and wait for her husband.
"They weren't really drums, though," she thought to herself. They sounded more like fog horns. They were a more rustic sound rather than a hollow one. The drums sounded and she smiled. It had begun.
She went from the bedroom to the living room slowly. She danced around in slow wide circles. The drums had a sort of lethargic effect on the air and made her feel funny. She waltzed to the window and watched every light in Belleville go out. Her candles went out, too. They did that the other two times, as well. No electronic devices worked, either.
She heard her door open. Her husband was home.
She heard his footsteps and she danced over to him. He leaned down to whisper in her ear, but she didn't hear anything. She looked up and inaudibly gasped. She took his hand in hers. She couldn't speak either. The second part had begun.
She felt the skin cover her mouth and she looked up at Frank. His mouth was already sealed. A tear slipped down his cheek. The skin around her eyes had began to move and she cautiously looked at the door. When she looked back up, Frank was already blinded. She looked at the window and saw an elephant and a bear marching out of a burning building; both of them were covered in blood. The red stood out like a fire on their bodies. It was the only light source. The fire burned blue and gray. The world around the creatures were the only places illuminated. What can cause a fire to lose it's glow?
She heard the door open and she turned around to face her adversary. The skin around her eyes grew together slowly, like they wanted her to see the monster.
It was a white snake. It was spewing green gasses out of it's nostrils and mouth. It made Jazz sleepy.
The last thing she saw was the creature opening its jaws.