What Happens in the Dark

Two shots

Mel noticed the next morning that almost everyone were dead.
She walked into work and everything was covered in white slime.
She didn't notice the snakes in the corner of the room until she accidently stepped on one of their tails.
It blinked slowly and seemed to smile at her.
It spoke to her in a low tone.
"Are you looking for someone, girl?" It slithered around her legs, but kept a small space inbetween it's coils and the woman.
"No, I-I-I work here." She gathered up her skirt and watched the snake wrap itself around her.
"Not anymore. This is our home now. Earth is ours now." The snake stopped in front of her and whipped its tongue around in the air for a moment.
"The human race is ours now," The other snakes woke up at this point. Mel counted ten.
They all chimed in with a "yes" or a hiss.
"Who are you?!" Mel screamed at the snake who had first awakened.
"We're the White Lords." It started to produce a green smoke from hits throat.
"And the human race shall bow down to us. But not before the final drum."
"When is that?" Mel tried to back up, but she tripped over its tail and she fell to the ground.
"Tonight." They all hissed together.
"But you won't be there, so don't worry." Mel was hit with a large cloud of smoke and her mouth started to seal up. Then her sight went. She tried to scream, but the snake had swallowed her by then.