What Happens in the Dark

The third shot

It was April 3rd, Micheal's birthday.
Ever since he could remember, he wanted an albino baby boa constrictor.
Now, he was fourteen and his mother allowed the pet to be purchased.

Mike loved his snake. He loved it so much, he hardly put it in its cage. Every night the drums sounded, however, he reluctantly put his pet in the glass. He knew the snake would die without heat, so he cut his finger open and dropped three drops of blood on the snake's body. The blood had the same effect on his snake that it did the white creatures. He didn't notice that the same amount of blood was being let out every night, but the snake did.
When the final drum sounded, the snake hid under Mike's bed. Mike always his under there when the lights went out. When he gave up searching for his pet, he slid under the bed and was ready to wait until sun rise. The snake bit him three times and grew to the size of one of the white snakes. Mike tried to scream, but his mouth was sealed up. The snake chuckled and wrapped Mike tightly in his coils.
"Mikey, Mikey, Mikey," it hissed. "Thank you for showing us how we can take over the minds of other animals on this planet. You have aided our race and we should let you live."
The snake laughed again.
"But we won't." The snake put it's jaws around Mike's head and proceeded to swallow him whole. A tear rolled down his cheek and the snake spit him out.
"What was THAT?!" The snake coiled up it the corner of the room. Mikey's eyes sealed up, and the snake proceeded to eat him. He spewed the gas into the room before slithering out the street.