What Happens in the Dark

The fourth and final shot.

The snakes were hard at work turning regular animals into creatures. Three drops of human blood was all that it took. It didn't even matter what color the animals were.
Almost all the people in Belleville were dead. None of them were allowed to leave, either. The creatures needed a fresh supply every night. Tonight, however was going to be the last night in Belleville. The creatures were going to sound the drum one final time in the small town. They had an army now.
When the drum sounded, all the snakes went out to kill the rest of the humans, but something strange happened. It rained.
Not normal rain, though, the rain was salty. The snakes recoiled when hit, and looked up at the sky. It wasn't cloudy...the snakes searched the sky and they saw a group of humans with buckets. One snake opened its mouth to his and a man threw a water balloon into its jaws. It popped on one of its fangs and the creature shriveled up and died. The other snakes repeated this action until they too died. The other animals went out and investigated. They were also met with the salt water. All of the creatures reacted to the balloons the same way. Soon, the resistance ran out of balloons. But it was day break. The animals swelled in the sun and popped. Belleville was finally free.