It's All About Stickin' It Out

To Be Hurt, To Feel Lost, To Be Left Out In The Dark.

I was the outcast of the school.The boy who attempted to kill himself, the freak of this town. I couldn't go to school after that summer, I couldn't face the people I tried to get away from.

I failed.

"Alex, its time for you to go." My mom says quietly. Looking at me with that look. I hated that look. I didn't need a pity party, I didn't need people to look at me like I would do something stupid again. I groan.

"Can you stop looking at me!" I yell hitting the back of my head onto the head rest. My mom flinches looking away. "I.. Alex." I shake my head taking the seat belt off and I slam the door and walk away.

I hated the look. That damned look that my family would give me. When I ate, when I wrote, when i tried practicing my guitar. Any action looked to them as a pose to my death. But I know It wasn't to check on me. It was so people in the neighborhood would stop looking at us weirdly. People would stop recognizing us for the action that I did.

That's all they cared about. I take a tight grasp on my backpack straps as I walk into the school. I was a sophomore, my second year of high school. I didn't want to do this, I didn't want to face them. One look after another, I was assured that everyone knew about my actions by now.

I heard them whispering "Its Alex Gaskarth, the guy who tried to kill himself." I tried not to look at anyone I tried to stay strong. But my eyes were on my shoes as I walk over to my locker. No one even has the decency to talk after I'm gone. There wasn't one person in this school who had respect.

I take my backpack and head towards the classroom. I felt a push as I tumbled onto the floor, and I heard the snickers of the classmates around me. I groaned. It hasn't even been one period. "Aw poor fag." Some kid said, mocking sympathy. I heard more laughs.

I was surprised as I heard a hit in the face. I looked up quickly to see the kid who called me a fag fall on the floor his face pierced with pain. Then I saw a hand extend out to me. It belonged to a boy who looked older than me. He had dark brown hair, almost black. His eyes gleamed brown as the lights from above shined on him. He looked like an angel and I couldn't resist my mouth dropping the slightest bit.

"I'm Jack" he says smiling at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
HELLO