It's All About Stickin' It Out

The Simple Things, They Make My Heart Go

Two weeks into school and I'm used to the stares. I would have thought that the news would have gotten old by now but I still get those sympathetic looks and occasionally the death glares. People also talked about me because of Jack.

The older boy has taken a liking to call my name in the hallway and say “hello” to me whenever he sees me. A loser like me getting noticed by Jack Barakat has gotten people firing into gossip. I really like d Jack, I honestly did. He was a good guy.

Its still surprising to know that I'm one of the few people that know the truth about his past in this school. Jack told me that his best friend Rian knows about it and that he was the person that forced him to go to the group, but I have yet to tell him anything about mine.

The older boy told me a lot about his past while we were in group. Whenever we were supposed to partner up he'd smile at me and say “would you like to be my partner, Alex?” It was actually nice to have someone want to be your partner and not the other way around or being the only one left to work with.

'But its not like he actually likes me. Why the hell would he?'



The library was a comfortable place in my school to just sit in during the lunch period. It wasn't overly crowded or empty. There were people on the computers or some were just doing their homework not even looking up to judge me and that was a nice feeling.

I liked it better before this summer when I was an annoying fucker and had friends. I used to have two best friends who would always be by my side and laugh along with me, but now they're gone. New friends and all.

I just take a seat on a random couch, I liked to switch my spot everyday. I grabbed the book I was reading for English out of my backpack and sighed. Life was different, and its complicated. I wish my mind wasn't as fucked up. I tried to occupy myself into my book but then I heard my name. I looked up from my book and saw Jack waving at me.

I looked back to see no one there. I guess he was waving at me so I wave back slowly. He smiled my way. He told his friend something and started walking my way.

My heart did that thing where it would start to beat at an abnormal rate. I told my self to calm down, but before I could finally get myself to stop freaking out, Jack was in front of me.

"What are you up to?" he asks, taking a seat next to me. And oh gush, he was way too close for comfort.

"Reading." I say, waving the book in front of his face. He looks at me with an weird expression. "Reading sucks." he says.

I laugh at his statement, because it was totally something that he would say. After knowing Jack for two weeks, it already felt like I've known him for a long time.
"I gotta go. You have my cellphone number. Just text me, yeah?"

I nod my head reaching for my pocket to see if it was still there. I felt the lump and was assured it was.

"I'll see you later." he says getting up and leaving.

He was the only person in this whole school that talked to me and it felt like we were friends. I smile to myself.

I finally had a friend again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about how short each chapter is.. I need to learn to make them longer.