It's All About Stickin' It Out

These Are The Moments That Set Fires to My Heart.

Rubbing my eyes from sleep, I crawl out of my bed hearing the door bell ring a couple times. I knew my mom and dad were sleeping, and I couldn't trust them to wake up and answer the doors. A yawn rips out of my mouth and as I walk down the stairs. I look outside the window to see a huge UPS truck leaving. I open the door to a brown box outside and I grab it and walk inside, placing it on the dining table. It was eight o clock in the morning, and I had no idea that they delivered mail this early.

I look at the address tag, and see that mysteriously my name was written on it, but there was no sender. I open it up, grabbing a pen that I found on the dining table and dragging the pen across the taped space.

Finally I rip it open and move the brown paper aside, sitting there was a brown teddy bear holding a red heart that reads 'I love you'.

For some reason my heart was pacing and I wondered who it could be from, I didn't have many friends, except for Jack, but why would Jack send it to me? It was impossible, this has to be a mistake, but the box had my name on it.

I pull the bear out, and read the small tag that was clipped onto it's ear.

"I think you're amazing and I'm glad you're alive." - your admirer.

I sit down on one of the chairs and a small smile spreads on my face without me even thinking.

I could only imagine one person this could be from, but I couldn't ask him. It'd be embarrassing, what if it wasn't him and he laughs? He was my friend but there was a border that I can pass that'll make him think I'm weird. But I couldn't help but feel happy at that moment, because someone cared about me.

-----------------

I received a text from Jack a few hours later if I could hang out, and since the day I spilled my guts out to him, we'd been better friends. I trusted him enough to hang out with him, and it was nice feeling to have someone who didn't think you were weird because he could relate to what I did.

"Hello princess." he says, meeting me at the bookstore that we'd initially made our "meet up" place, because there wasn't anywhere else that was interesting around.

He'd already bought himself a coffee from the small cafe in the corner of the store.

"this is for you, since you don't like coffee." he says, handing me a blueberry muffin.

I take it from him, feeling my cheeks grow in warmth.

"It's cold outside." I say, I was glad I didn't stutter in front of him anymore, it was embarrassing every time I did.

"It's in the twenties, yeah? I think I heard that it was supposed to snow today." he says, sipping his drink, he was staring at me and I could just tell, I let my gaze move towards the back of the bookstore, reading the sign that says 'Music'.

"Do you want to check it out?" he asks me, I didn't notice that he'd turn back to stare at it himself, I shrug, he gets up and waves me over, making his way towards the section.

I watch Jack look through the CD's, unsure of how to bring up the topic of the teddy bear that is now sitting on my desk at home.

"I got a package today." I say, looking through the CD's now because I didn't want to seem like a creep, watching my friend as he looks through the plastic cases.

"Oh really? What was it?"

I didn't know if I was disappointed or confused as he asked me.

"It was a teddy bear." I reply, picking up a CD by New Found Glory and waving it in front of Jack's face, knowing he loved them. He takes it out of my hand.

"That's cute, who's it from?" he asks me.

I shrug my shoulders, leaning against the rack.

"It didn't say."

Jack looks at him with a smile.

"Alex Gaskarth, you have a secret admirer."
♠ ♠ ♠
Do you ever get really tired of writing sad stories all the time, so you say "fuck the popo" and write something that may or may not fit into the original story-line? Well yeah, here you guys go. What do you guys think?